Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - March 27th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    WTB Agent Only HH@B ring with 200% CH Blocker Resist and OVER 9000% DOUBLE AS RESIST!!

Bump good idea!
    Last edited by Alternity; Mar 27th, 2009 at 22:30:48.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Bad example because they are constandly researching and improving penicillin.
    This is the game not damn research laboratory ffs.
    I want to have fun mmkay?

Means, you're like the Oprah of Anarchy Online. A single utterance from their mouth, and the entire world be rocked.

You had this effect with the response of Will to Fight not being planned for a revamp based on ugliness. It might just be a miscalcuation or how badly people want this done. Apparently they like the ugly. Or rather, I think everyones desperate for a BS alternative, particuarly the non-enthusiasts who just find the whole thing ultra tedious.. /raise

Seems the most widely accepted opinion is they all want a reason to go there.
    Last edited by egadsrk2; Mar 27th, 2009 at 23:20:40.

I've posted all the answers to the moderator page where all the questions were, and created a new page for people to propose and vote on questions for the next Q&A edition.

April's page is available at http://moderator.appspot.com/#15/e=16202&t=34126

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    "Is there any chance of modifying the names of items like Arul Saba Bracers or the upgraded Reanimator cloaks to make their specific type clearer? (ex. "Fire - Arul Saba Bracer - 5/5 - Right" and "Cloak of the Reanimated Jester - 5/5")"

Yes. There is potential to change the names of items that share names but not stats. PM me a list of the most annoying ones...and they will get done when we get a chance.
    The single biggest one that would be nice to change is the Arul Sabas, just because they are impossible to search for on GMS the way the system is right now. Adding damage type to the name would be the single biggest helpful change there. How many gems are on the bracer would also be nice, since level is set by the blueprint, not the number of gems.

"What is the role of VP moving forward? Could more quests or the new booster instances give us a way to earn VP other than through battlestation? Or is VP still seen as the reward to the PvPers, that the rest of us just have to live with."

I would like to implement more varied ways of gaining VP...much the same as gaining XP. The fastest way will still likely be PVP related...but the options are going to be more varied. Again, Daily quests for VP are a possibility as are PVM encounters in areas that would expose you to PVP should there be any "hostile" players in the area. There is potential for improvement in this area and we will be looking into it
    It's fantastic to hear about all the new ideas for VP and xp, I'm really eager to see more things to reduce the grind and make playing more fun, especially anything that makes Battlestation fun but not mandatory.
    "Is there a possibility of significant changes to the Xan weapons in the next patch or two or are they basically frozen?"

Nothing is ever frozen. We'll be watching the performance of these items and making adjustments if necessary.
    Please, please look at the 1hb weapon. There are some serious problems with it, that just further inhibit options for enforcers. I'm waiting for the next patch before I switch to 2he... please give me a reason to hope for a future for 1hb.

An 18.1 Preview from Macrosun (All Hail!):
    My God man, when do you SLEEP?

omg.... that's it... Means has discovered how to CLONE MACROSUN! It's the only possible explanation....

Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post

P.S. So... +60 evades, is that really all MA's get for their top of the line, hard to get, endgame evade nano? Dude...
    True that, other profs get better evade proc at lower lvls...

"Why do procs have nano recharge?"

They shouldn't. Let us know which ones.

Last I checked Durable Bandages (advy proc) seemed to have that issue...

Quote Originally Posted by gimpmasta View Post
    True that, other profs get better evade proc at lower lvls...

Last I checked Durable Bandages (advy proc) seemed to have that issue...
    I think all of them do. If not all of them, then I believe ones that buff stats, like evade procs, rage procs etc. Who knows, hard to test out because you need to be ubted and have low nano init or be really watchful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    you first need to research what fun is. and how to replicate it.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    ONOES!

Really?
    Yes. Would I lie to you?
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    losing and regaining items/stats isnt dynamic, its annoying.

think of NW that, instead of losing your towers to pvp, you lost them due to "age".
    That sounds like an awesome idea to me, then orgs couldnt own ql 300 ranges for 2 years straight.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Would I lie to you?
    Yeah.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

So just what in this game do you enjoy? You voice aginst pvp, aginst pvm, against rp, so just what in anarchy online is fun for you kaylinne?
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    AO Universe staff have been spending a lot of time in the newbie island to help new players. While doing that, we found some problems.

These 3 images show that even though the requirements to upload a nano are met, they still give an error as if the req is not met. This has confused a lot of new players and lead to the following questions:

Is the nano broken?
    Are my skills broken?
    I get that when rezzing and have exactly the right amount of skill, usually when trying to cast Motivational Speech: Improved Heroic Measures, so its not limited to low level nanos, seems more like a skill check thing, someones done Skill > x, rather than Skill >= x or Skill > x-1, where x is the amount of skill required.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

So just what in this game do you enjoy? You voice aginst pvp, aginst pvm, against rp, so just what in anarchy online is fun for you kaylinne?
    The forums??
    220Solja/213Engi/174Fixer/210Ady/165nt/150Advy/150MA/146Keeper+a lot of lowbies.

"You two will get on like a house on fire" ever been in a burning house?

"All your dreams will come true" remember some of your dreams do you?

That sounds like an awesome idea to me, then orgs couldnt own ql 300 ranges for 2 years straight.
    They can't if you take them.

Yeah.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

you first need to research what fun is. and how to replicate it.
    Drugs man! Only way to fly
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

By the way....working as intended?

Since there was a question answering question, I have an issue to mention.
    Changing area. Please wait.
    You were attacked with nanobots for 143 points of poison damage.
    Entering 'Broken Shores'
    Martial Arts skill available.
    You were attacked with nanobots for 71 points of poison damage.

That is the same nano, a DoT called Complex Nano Contagion. All the dot's work this way. If i get DoT'ed in a mission it will do teh normal damage, and then when I zone out the damage will go down. Is that because DoT's are supposed to be affected by AC's, and it's not picking it up till after zone?
    Had this problem since as long as I can remember. Most likely other people are experiencing the same thing, although not all may notice it.
    I know this probably shouldn't have been posted here (feel free to move it), but figured I'd post it here anyway because I was looking at the q&a and it occured to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Creacal View Post
    Oh my! The (tm) tag is missing!

To other forums users. No I am NOT going to edit the Game Director's post.
    /chicken
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Try guessing

No, not forums, I actually do play the game.

Try guessing

No, not forums, I actually do play the game.
    OOC? Atleast I like it, and it's bit more interactive than forums and less moderated.... ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Questions:

"How is the Profession Balancing Act coming along? Any eta?"

Early plans and proposals are being drawn up. But there is no immediate ETA. Any large scale changes are going to be discussed in the forums here before implementation...no "suprise! Huge changes!" Issues like Aimed Shot are going to finally be addressed.
    You might want to create a temporary forum section for Balance Discussion when the time comes. It will be easier for two-way communication between players and FC.

one could hope that he meant that the fix to the unneutral "neutral" people is to just ignore them.
    One could only be amazed that someone can call himself "Professional" when he is so prejudice.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast