Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - March 20th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    I dunno mate, out of all the pets, Engy pets hurt the most, provided of course they're hitting you. I'd like to think against an Enforcer, they do hit, unless he's rage kiting them of course.
    They are hitting me with 2k evades and 1800 AAD. What does chicken have, 4k AR? And they hit hard.
    They are least snareable/rootable of all pets too.

Reposted from the last thread

1. With the new special affect system does this mean the perks will finally have unique animations or special affects apply to them? At this time the "button press" animation on 95% of the perks out there are pretty lame.

2. Will you take advantage of recent graphical advances like dual/quad core support?

3. Will we be able to customize the graphics with sliders/options to lower end computers? Anti-aliasing?

4. Will you fix the weird ass swinging animation? Playing 4 years and I never got use to the weird (but somewhat majestic) way it swings form side to side in the opposite way the body is moving, its just so weird looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    They are hitting me with 2k evades and 1800 AAD. What does chicken have, 4k AR? And they hit hard.
    They are least snareable/rootable of all pets too.
    I think it's a bit less than 4k but they do indeed have the highest AR of all the pets.

I notice a lot my pets just appear to be standing there not hitting (read, missing) when it's a Fixer with perks up, an Advy with perks up or a Keeper with Insight up.

Engi pets do also have insane CC resistance. Something I wouldn't mind for Carlo at least. Engi pets are also pretty easily killed by anyone with semi decent damage output though.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

While the new head is looking better, I have to wonder where they got that rendition of the old head. I can zoom into the same head in-game to the same distance and perspective and the head is much better looking. The one in the samples looks like it was blown up from a smaller image while the newly rendered head was rendered at that size, or even shrunk some. If we're gonna compare old and new heads, lets put them on equal footing - anti-alias the old head, etc...

P.S. Ditch the red eyes - they didn't have them to start with, and don't need them now.
    Last edited by vadagget; Mar 20th, 2009 at 21:57:10.

Quote Originally Posted by FoolishManX View Post
    1. With the new special affect system does this mean the perks will finally have unique animations or special affects apply to them? At this time the "button press" animation on 95% of the perks out there are pretty lame.
    Bump.
    2. Will you take advantage of recent graphical advances like dual/quad core support?
    This isn't a graphical advancement. However making the game threaded to take advantage of multi core systems would be nice. I'm not sure how much of an improvement it would make however (other than splitting the load) once the graphics are off loaded onto the GPU.
    3. Will we be able to customize the graphics with sliders/options to lower end computers? Anti-aliasing?
    Bump again.
    4. Will you fix the weird ass swinging animation? Playing 4 years and I never got use to the weird (but somewhat majestic) way it swings form side to side in the opposite way the body is moving, its just so weird looking.
    What? Do you mean the gentle swinging when standing still?
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Bump.
    What? Do you mean the gentle swinging when standing still?
    When you run as a non-atrox male your ass swings in a very odd and unnatural way in my opinion. I know most people probably have gotten used to it but I still notice it every time.

Regarding the engine - I believe Ogre has a LGPL license - meaning companies such as Funcom can make updates and modifications and don't have to make them public domain. It would make for a wonderful public gesture, however, to make vast parts of their improved engine available alongside the current public engine. The accompanying goodwill and attention such a gesture would generate would, I suspect, translate directly into sales for the game.

i love new head, not bad,

but i have some questions

1/ When will we get timer on missing skill like specials attacks?

2/ Will we have some new quest with the new instance?

3/ will we get some kind of improvement for those ywho don't have xan weapon or can't use it cause of their lack of interest? like ranged advy for example.

4/ when are the pvp balance you were talking about, we got no new of it?
    A suggestion to remove ranged advy full auto problem : http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=529754

pistol are now for dot user , Ranged advy need revolver :

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...6&postcount=21

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

AO R HAS SPACECLUB! =D

And RkMag is NOT amused bout Means not mentioning him also :P

Oh and when it comes to the spaceclub, will there be catgirls? (The answer you are looking for is yes i think....)

Oh oh oh oh

Now seeig how i did see that conspet of those apparment weeks ago, i can FINALLY say publicly that they look freaking AWESOME!

I will so get one xD

And keep up the good job with the heads! =D

FYI there will be a party tomorrow celebrating that we will get a new club, and im going to have it moved to Reets (Rk1) i think.... i got to talk to GSP like ASAP tho, because it was ment to be a protest party to open up head or tails xD
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Funcom employee

RKMag was also protesting. The signs are up in our office. That was cool. The Conan protesters have torches...ours have placards
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Mee like!
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    RKMag was also protesting. The signs are up in our office. That was cool. The Conan protesters have torches...ours have placards
    Catgirls? -.^

Oh, and http://www.gridstream.org/gsp-nextge...fo.aspx?id=706 ^_^
    Last edited by Rktim; Mar 20th, 2009 at 21:55:02.
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Will the lag issue ever be fixed
    -Ultraown

RE: Space apartments. Be sure you put in a gorgeous starfield visible out the windows ( and, yeah, i noticed the art renderings so far are ground-based), with potential for even better rendering with the new engine.

I do like the opifex head. However, something has been bugging me about it since Means first posted it last week. I always thought that the original head was supposed to be a black opifex female. Unfortunately, the updated head still looks too much like a white solitus female, in my opinion. In order to maintain the characteristics of both race (opifex) and skin color (black) I think the hair needs to be shorter on top, the lips need to be a little fuller, and the skin tone needs to be a modified grayish brown as opposed to a grayish pink as it looks now.

I'm not expecting the art guys to beat a dead horse to get this one head to look perfect, but it's just something to consider for future head alterations.
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

MEANS FIX THE FORUM COLOURS
    Forum colors are just fine. Makes it easier to see when mod/gm what ever posts.

As for the apartments, who cares. Nobody i know uses or has ever used their apartment. There are plenty of other things that could be done in the game like fixing bugs, adding more content, other then making apartments that wont ever be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooooooom View Post
    As for the apartments, who cares. Nobody i know uses or has ever used their apartment. There are plenty of other things that could be done in the game like fixing bugs, adding more content, other then making apartments that wont ever be used.
    Amen brother.
    Almadena

Will the new faces blink? Because it'll be hella creepy if they look that lifelike and don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    Will the new faces blink? Because it'll be hella creepy if they look that lifelike and don't.
    Lips that move occasionally are welcome too. Well, unless chars gonna have closed mouth by default.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Coming soon:
    We are currently working on a new "Orbital" apartment for the uber rich in game for a silly amount of credits, if you are a credit billionaire you should live like one. This apartment will also be available for paid points as it is a purely social content type item. At the same time we are working on concepting out a new social nightclub area in orbit as it has been a very long time since a new nightclub was added to AO...and I am sick of RKTim Picketing our offices for the opening of "Head or Tails" in omni territory. I think gathering in a new superclub in orbit would add style to our future events. The apartments are meant to be a part of the same spacestation facility...hopefully we'll see the both facilities at close to the same time.
    So a breakthrough in the Nano Breed Survival Suit so Homo Nano can survive there?
    I look forward to hearing more about that

Last time there were talk about it, the prototype got stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Also having access to shopping channels up there would be nice too so we don't feel so cut off from the rest of the world while being up there. Also
    I disagree, I use apartments as a nice quiet place without spam.

It would be great with an apartment recall beacon though, especially if they have grid acces like the SL apartments have.
    A further thing to remember: the apartments should be "outside", just like the SL apartments, so we can use our Lazyboys, dancing santas and fire camps there

It would be even greater if the recall beacon took the whole team with you, so you easily could show off your apartment decoration.

Kind Regards
    Ariensky

(Homo Nano is the scientific name for nanomages, it is not calling all nanomages homosexuals)
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast