Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - March 13th, 2009

wtb the artists that worked on shadowlands back. that new and newer opifex head looks ugly.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Mmmmm...wtb more chosen armor. Oh wait. God please no.

Not really a huge fan of SL tier armors, i'm prolly in a minority with my opinion. Especially when i kinda like some of the ofabs.

Something for the modelling team to think about is female normal/medium body type arms, atm they're very skinny if they're meant to have a normal body type. Not originally my own idea but my better half's who has many soli female toons.

Quote Originally Posted by TheW1tch View Post
    wtb the artists that worked on shadowlands back. that new and newer opifex head looks ugly.
    They're still working on it. The tendence is that the heads start to get some form.
    They're starting here from a base model and have to fix it, wich is imo alot harder to get some acknowledge from than creating an entirely new one.

To add on that, forum trollers are highly qualified to hate new upcoming things. They all hated SL when it came out, same goes for AI and LE, yet here they are still playing those very expansions. From a more broad point of view, I'm quite sure the majority would appreciate the better graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    2, Hi, I have a 4 year degree in computer aided graphics, so yes I am a pro, as are a lot of other people on the forums.
    receiving a piece of paper that said you wasted 4 years and several thousands of dollars does not, in any way, make you a professional. it makes you a "dangerous novice" at best.

and as been said many times, and i said on irc. this whole make-the-community-feel-warm-and-fuzzy idea would be a massive logistical nightmare for FC.

i need not repeat the already said things (more than twice already even).

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

that new and newer opifex head looks ugly.
    Not sure what you were smoking, but the last 2 versions Means posted were MUCH better than the first. They're getting better, and as already stated it's just a work in progress...by no means are any of the pics he posts cemented as the "final" version.

Agreed, but they have at least six more months till it's finished. Early work ALWAYS looks bad.

The newer one is closer, and if they can do that with MY head, and the variants I use, I'll be happy.
    Last edited by Tryqz; Mar 17th, 2009 at 22:41:08.
    Trixie "Tryqz" Rhaiyne, Newland Council Science Minister

http://i43.tinypic.com/16aeb9x.jpg

Look at it. Then look at it again.
    You can sincerely, honestly say the old model is far better than the new version in comparison? Wow, you must be blind. Resisting improvement just for the sake of resisting a change is incredibly dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by blix01 View Post
    happy bouncy kewpie dolls.

I am going to have nightmares.
    Trixie "Tryqz" Rhaiyne, Newland Council Science Minister

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but my neighborhood is a community. And when there's a fire or someone runs a stop sign, I sure do stand back and let firefighters or police handle it.
    Flawed analogy. If there's a fire and you're a cashier ya, you'll stand back. But if there's a fire and you're an off duty firefighter or work for a station that didn't get called would you still not help?

I myself am hardly a "pro" but I took many years of schooling for Graphic Communications (as it was called) which included advertising arts, 3d art, 3d animation etc. I also do a fair bit of coding in C. In my case I'm hardly going to say come take my work as I don't consider myself that good. I ain't a pro, and I'm not trying to be.

However, if there is a use for graphic content and we have people who are pros and who are willing to help; why deny them? Why not help your fellow firefighters or cops if you're one too just not directly partnered with them?

Exploitable? "OMG THAT HEAD HAS MORE HAIR THEN ME!!!!! SPLOITS!!!" Seriously? It's not like they're submitting finished, compiled code to plug right into the game; these are concepts and 3d mappings of objects. Please, explain with your superior (read: delusional) mind how giving Funcom a .c4d file can be exploitable; obviously I'm missing something
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

The hair looks awefull tho but maybe that's a matter of taste...
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Flawed analogy. If there's a fire and you're a cashier ya, you'll stand back. But if there's a fire and you're an off duty firefighter or work for a station that didn't get called would you still not help?
    That's a flawed analogy, because none of the people here are FC employees offering their free time to put in third party submissions.

Exploitable? "OMG THAT HEAD HAS MORE HAIR THEN ME!!!!! SPLOITS!!!" Seriously? It's not like they're submitting finished, compiled code to plug right into the game; these are concepts and 3d mappings of objects. Please, explain with your superior (read: delusional) mind how giving Funcom a .c4d file can be exploitable; obviously I'm missing something
    You mentioned quests and items and stuff like that, too. Tell me, with your superior (read: illogical) mind how FC could, 100% of the time, make sure nothing harmful gets it.
    Last edited by Berinda; Mar 18th, 2009 at 00:58:28.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    receiving a piece of paper that said you wasted 4 years and several thousands of dollars does not, in any way, make you a professional. it makes you a "dangerous novice" at best.
    While "Dangerous Novice" sounds awesome I am currently getting paid to, in a professional manner, apply those skills. I believe that defines professional, I could be wrong.

As for "Models = Exploit" if there is, in any way shape or form, a way to exploit the current modles id love to be told how because its completely beyond anything I can fathom.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

That's a flawed analogy, because none of the people here are FC employees offering their free time to put in third party submissions.
    It isn't flawed because you don't have to be an FC employee to be a pro at graphic design etc. Just like you don't need to work with the dept that got called to a fire to know how to help put it out.

You mentioned quests and items and stuff like that, too. Tell me, with your superior (read: illogical) mind how FC could, 100% of the time, make sure nothing harmful gets it.
    Illogical, or logic beyond your comprehension. So far you display a lack of that so I'll stick with the theory.

As for quests, items etc they are already doing that. Looked at the forums lately? Notice the big Game Suggestions portion, ya, it's not Troll Haven as some may think, that's where people give Funcom their ideas for quests and items for Funcom to consider.

To use Sil's exact words "no idea is taken lock, stock and barrel". They filter game suggestions as is, do you think they are filtering it 100% so that nothing harmful gets in? Or perhaps that should be, do you think they are filtering it 100% so that nothing harmful to you gets in.

Let me explain more. I singled out 3d models because, logically, to me (seeing as we just covered that quests and items are already being given to FC) that was the only thing your statement could apply to.

When you eliminate everything already flowing freely to Funcom the only left was art, and it seemed odd that art could be exploitable.

But then I guess that was my mistake: for thinking you could rationally and logically dispose of redundancies and come to the same conclusion that, because Funcom already accepts quest and item ideas, that art was the only thing left to be quarreled over. If you'd seen that perhaps you'd have realized how foolish claiming possible exploitation is.
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor

Quote Originally Posted by Nevo-RK3 View Post
    How about:

- timers on SB as well as Might of the Reverant, etc
    - timers on Grid Armor/shadow web...

- Bountys/CRU loot in Arid Rift
    - half the Aixp in Arid Rift
    (both ideas guarantee higher long time motivation)

- include Christal/Cell loot in X (the adds)
    (makes doing X in a full team far more interesting)
    And how about all the good ideas in the german forum!?
    RK1

220/30 Soldier, 220/22 Shade, 170/24 Agent, 150/14 NT, 150/14 Adv, 150/19 Keeper, 150/20 Crat, 165/21 Fixer, 150/20 MA, 150/18 Doc, 100/10 MP, 150/11 Trader
    60/06 Enfo, 60/06 Engi, 60/06 Fixer

It isn't flawed because you don't have to be an FC employee to be a pro at graphic design etc. Just like you don't need to work with the dept that got called to a fire to know how to help put it out.
    You can twist the analogy anyway you want - Funcom doesn't want third party submissions for a myriad of legal, technical and resource reasons. End of story.

Illogical, or logic beyond your comprehension. So far you display a lack of that so I'll stick with the theory.
    Yes, I do display a lack of thinking illogically, thank you for noticing.

As for quests, items etc they are already doing that. Looked at the forums lately? Notice the big Game Suggestions portion, ya, it's not Troll Haven as some may think, that's where people give Funcom their ideas for quests and items for Funcom to consider.
    What you're suggesting, or seemed to suggest, is players making content for AO. So do you want players making content for AO, like you originally said, or are you content with game suggestions? (also, I hope I didn't confuse you by using the word "content" with two different meanings) Because I never said anything about being against game suggestions, and to argue your point you can't say game suggestions are all you want.

To use Sil's exact words "no idea is taken lock, stock and barrel". They filter game suggestions as is, do you think they are filtering it 100% so that nothing harmful gets in? Or perhaps that should be, do you think they are filtering it 100% so that nothing harmful to you gets in.
    You making up points and arguments no one even suggested is harmful enough to my eyes, so that's already too late to stop.

But then I guess that was my mistake: for thinking you could rationally and logically dispose of redundancies and come to the same conclusion that, because Funcom already accepts quest and item ideas, that art was the only thing left to be quarreled over. If you'd seen that perhaps you'd have realized how foolish claiming possible exploitation is.
    No, no - the mistake was mine thinking that you're capable of doing anything but reading text in nothing but the most literal sense it can be taken in. I'll start using small words and add diagrams next time I talk to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

You can twist the analogy anyway you want - Funcom doesn't want third party submissions for a myriad of legal, technical and resource reasons. End of story.
    Hear that Funcom, you don't want player input, the all mighty Berinda "I speak for everyone" said so.

Best close down your entire forum, don't want those pesky third party submissions coming from Game Suggestions, 18.00, and FWM. Chop chop FC, you don't want our input so shut it down don't be mean and tempt people by saying things like "The place to bring your game ideas to Funcom and the community" when you really don't mean it.

You want to talk of logic, grow a brain first.
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

Couple of notes on graphics cards:

WoW runs smooth on any old PCI video card, as well as anything made this century with motherboard graphics, expect the Dev's to be aiming for AO to run smooth on the same hardware.

Also, 95% of the PC's sold in the world today rely on motherboard graphics that get 100% of their video memory from shared system memory - not AGP-slot or PCIe graphics. For most of these systems, a $20 PCI card is an 'upgrade'. I have every expectation that the new engine will run fast and smooth on all that hardware - probably with some effects turned off, such as anti-aliasing, but they will run it well. The small fraction of the PC's in the world that run better graphics will get the benefit of higher fps and more/all effects enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    While "Dangerous Novice" sounds awesome I am currently getting paid to, in a professional manner, apply those skills. I believe that defines professional, I could be wrong.
    thats not what you originally said.

- Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Hear that Funcom, you don't want player input, the all mighty Berinda "I speak for everyone" said so.

Best close down your entire forum, don't want those pesky third party submissions coming from Game Suggestions, 18.00, and FWM. Chop chop FC, you don't want our input so shut it down don't be mean and tempt people by saying things like "The place to bring your game ideas to Funcom and the community" when you really don't mean it.

You want to talk of logic, grow a brain first.
    i see the problem here, you're confusing words with the computer version of something "materialistic".

- Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast