Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Installing/patching/playing AO on Windows Vista / 7

Just gotta remember that UAC prompts crash AO.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

A side note on the recent changes to AO's placement of user files introduced in connection with the server merge...

All user files have been moved to '\Users\username\AppData\Local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\some_random_string\'.

Installing AO in the normal 'Program Files' (32-bit systems) or 'Program Files (x86)' (64-bit systems) should no longer cause problems that was previously asttributed to running AO in Program Files folder without admin privileges.

This folder store all character preferences, user scripts, third party GUI files, screenshots, PatchesUndo and ingame commercial board ad cache.

I have not tested it, but it *might* be possible that the random string is related to your account ID, but that's just a wild guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Lupe View Post
    I have not tested it, but it *might* be possible that the random string is related to your account ID, but that's just a wild guess...
    It's related to AO install location. Someone posted about it in details recently.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123