Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - February 27th, 2009

About the debuff bar:

I dont see any harm if you are able to see the debuffs you *yourself* put there, I mean when
    you're fighting someone/something everyone would like a bar to see what debuffs they
    cast on that person/mob. I can see how seeing all debuffs would be a little too much, but no harm
    in seeing what you yourself have cast on the target. It's the same train of thought as having
    an NCU window where you can see how long till your bufs run out and perk/action timers in chat
    when you try and use something which is not available yet.
    Submicron agent
    Bloodcult retired MP
    ---
    part of the Inner Circle family

Quote Originally Posted by bowicrat View Post
    Exploit Info
    Yes this is fixed.

Also please don't post info about exploits on the forums.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

I don't see an issue with a debuff bar, aside from the fact that the screen itself is already fairly cluttered. However, this is a feature that was already put into other games, and just seems like getting it would be part of the games progression, imo.

On the overall subject of these friday updates though, im really hoping to see something on how the new engine is comin along.
    *edit*
    Maybe even a video to demonstrate some of the character movments in and out of combat, if that parts been completed enough to give a demonstration.
    I mean, it has been like, years now since the last video. XD
    Last edited by Trebie; Feb 28th, 2009 at 17:39:28.

I agree it's the same train of thought but i would not drive it all the way. I don't have many casting profs but i always see when i land ubt or a dot in a fight. I don't really feel the need to know if it landed or not because i can see that already, it would just make it easier for me to see when it runs out or when the enemy got rid of it.

I think it would make it harder on defense side since people would see if you cleared a hostile nano and then they would just recast it on you again
    Nijushio - 220/30 - semi-retired MA
    Nijutech - 220/29 - funny Engi
    Sabrezor - 170/24 - bored Advy
    Sabrezap - 150/20 - confused fixi

Not sure if they have been asked yet..... but is there gonna be another full ipr put into the game and if so when? and also if there isnt then is there a way that the price of the reset point cost be reduced because 167 million credits is alot to spend on one reset point.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Yes this is fixed.

Also please don't post info about exploits on the forums.
    Agreed and sorry.. Didn't think they'd classify it as a serious exploit.

When I'll get nerfed?
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Visible Display option for Hostile Nanos running on your target!
    No to this

Might be useful in pvm, but part of the fun in pvp is not knowning absolutly everything and being able to adapt as you find out more about your target. If anything, PvP should require MORE thinking, not less.

Edit: A few people have mentioned that this is just to progress with other games, but AO is not "other games". I play AO because it is different, there are many more games with better graphics, economy, etc. but AO brings something different and making it more like other games will only encourage more people to leave.
    Last edited by Filling; Mar 1st, 2009 at 00:07:02.
    Filling - 220/23/70 Opifex MA

Quote Originally Posted by Filling View Post
    No to this

Might be useful in pvm, but part of the fun in pvp is not knowning absolutly everything and being able to adapt as you find out more about your target. If anything, PvP should require MORE thinking, not less.
    You say that only 'cos you, as a MA, don't rely that much on debuffs in your fight.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

You say that only 'cos you, as a MA, don't rely that much on debuffs in your fight.
    Hi Red Dusk, stuns, Incapacitate, AC debuffs, etc.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Why are people crying about this visual debuffs change? This clearly SHOULD have been ingame from the very beggining. Some debuffs already have visual animations.

And yes, it will put you at severe disadvantage when you are debuffed, boohoo. Well guess what - you should be at disadvantage.

Why not remove visuals of enemy HP bars too, its such a striking unfairness when people can see you are low on HP, seriously!

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Why are people crying about this visual debuffs change? This clearly SHOULD have been ingame from the very beggining. Some debuffs already have visual animations.

And yes, it will put you at severe disadvantage when you are debuffed, boohoo. Well guess what - you should be at disadvantage.

Why not remove visuals of enemy HP bars too, its such a striking unfairness when people can see you are low on HP, seriously!

BUT I MIGHT DIE1!!!!! *shrug*
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    For example I didn't fully realize how much people were affected by the spammers in game
    seriously? you didn't know? ...wow

glad you're looking into it now, but... wow
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    seriously? you didn't know? ...wow

glad you're looking into it now, but... wow
    i dont see how this can be surprising..

i think i might of gotten one, maybe two spam tells about such in all the years i've played ao.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Perhaps its because people AREN'T in fact affect by spammers that much, void few forum inviduals that have nothing better to do then to keep beating the doomsday drums about it.

I find the player-run "solutions to credit-spam" much more spammy and annoying then the credit selling spamers themselves, and i'm know i'm not the only one, but you cant say that here without being jumped by pitchfork folk calling you a credit seller, lol.

I even had a tell from credit seller last night, which is something new as i only saw them posting on open channels so far, and guess what, i just ignored it and moved along. Imagine that.

And before you say it isnt possible, i have photos and fraps and screenshots of me not paying attention to tell from credit seller, honest to god.

And just to add, using technological solutions (IP bans, changes to account creation, whatever else you can come up with) are of course perfectly fine and welcome, but i think it would be horrible idea if you were to move larg part of customer service manpower to the credit seller witchhunt, it already takes far beyond acceptable time to get a simple petition or email answered, even more waiting is last thing we need.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    i dont see how this can be surprising..

i think i might of gotten one, maybe two spam tells about such in all the years i've played ao.
    guess you must not hang around borealis or listen to shopping channels much then, because there was a period of several months where the first thing i had to do each and every single time i logged on was block 1-3 spammer names like hhhgggasdf

...but if it didn't affect either you or IHHN, i guess it must not be a real issue, cuz obviously there's no way an issue could be important until after the 2 of you acknowledge it
    Last edited by Vlain; Mar 1st, 2009 at 08:26:55.
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

~Lewis Carroll

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    Hi Red Dusk, stuns, Incapacitate, AC debuffs, etc.
    don't rely that much on debuffs

Compared to us, true debuffers.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    guess you must not hang around borealis or listen to shopping channels much then, because there was a period of several months where the first thing i had to do each and every single time i logged on was block 1-3 spammer names like hhhgggasdf

...but if it didn't affect either you or IHHN, i guess it must not be a real issue, cuz obviously there's no way an issue could be important until after the 2 of you acknowledge it
    all public "chats" are subject to idiots and spam. thus i've always ignored them.

and, especially as an mp, i refuse to idle in populated areas. let alone ommer induced lag fests like bor.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    all public "chats" are subject to idiots and spam. thus i've always ignored them.

and, especially as an mp, i refuse to idle in populated areas. let alone ommer induced lag fests like bor.
    thank you for proving my point

lawlz...here's you: I ignore every chat channel that has spammers on it, and I don't get credit spam, so it must not be a real problem...

btw, just logged on, not more than 5 minutes ago:

[Clan shopping 1-50] Xznicky: $8.39=100mil Credits with 10% Bonus Full Stock and Instant Delivery 24/7 at [Edit: spammerWebsiteRemoved]
    [Neu. shopping 1-50] Xznicky: $8.39=100mil Credits with 10% Bonus Full Stock and Instant Delivery 24/7 at [Edit: spammerWebsiteRemoved]
    [OT shopping 1-50] Xznicky: $8.39=100mil Credits with 10% Bonus Full Stock and Instant Delivery 24/7 at [Edit: spammerWebsiteRemoved]
    Last edited by Vlain; Mar 1st, 2009 at 08:56:15.

~Lewis Carroll

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast