Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expansion Concept: Andromeda Discovered

Expansion Concept: Andromeda Discovered

==========
    Key Features:
    ==========

Pre-Release:
    • Omni-Tek Fleet Carrier OTS Golden Eagle
      • Vice Admiral Armand Jones (Quest Series)

Release:
    • Milky Way Galaxy
      • Omni-Tek Fleet Carrier OTS Golden Eagle
      • Golden Eagle Officer’s Club (Unlocked by pre-release quest)
      • Omni-Tek Super Dreadnaught OTS Persisting Vigilance
      • Omni-Tek Battleship OTS Constanople
      • Andromeda Station (Quest Series)
      • Milky Way-Andromeda Wormhole
    • Andromeda Galaxy
      • Andromeda-Milky Way Wormhole
      • Human Controlled Planet (Low-Med Level Expansion Focus)
      • Frontier Planets (Mid-High Level Expansion Focus)
      • Kyr'Ozch Colony Worlds (End Game Raids)
      • Human controlled 'Source'
      • Alien controlled 'Source'

==========
    Story Overview:
    ==========

Extra! Extra! This just in! Omni-Tek announces the discovery of spatial anomaly inside of the Rubi-Ka System.

Omni-Tek Research and Development in conjunction with the Omni-Engineering’s prestigious Omni-Labs group have been able to identify a massive energy signature that runs right over the planet Rubi-Ka. The signature, or ley line as is has been called, converges with several others just like it only a short distance from the Planet Rubi-Ka.

Far enough away from the planet to not draw the attention of the invading alien fleet Omni-Tek researchers had free reign to investigate the anomaly in peace. Research went on for over a year before the researches concluded that the anomaly was in fact a dormant portal of sorts and that if provoked could open up.

Omni-Tek immediately approved the construction of ‘Exploratory Station VII’ which would serve as a launchpad after the portal is opened. The Omni-Tek Armed Forces move the Fleet Carrier OTS Golden Eagle to the anomaly to provide protection to the construction crews.

After the station is complete the Omni-Tek Armed Forces move in two units from their famous Mu Fleet which usually protects the Omni-Tek homeworld of Omni-Prime, the Super Dreadnaught OTS Persisting Vigilance and the Battleship OTS Constanople. With the Golden Eagle and Persisting Vigilance braced for retaliation the Constanople engages the Massive Ion Cannon built into it’s haul and fires into the anomaly ripping open Space Time.

Exploratory Station VII launches a probe into the wormhole and after a series of tests conclude that the probe is transmitting from the Andromeda System. Marking a milestone in human exploration Omni-Tek prepares an away team to be the first humans to ever leave our galaxy. Omni-Tek’s best Researchers and Explorers are assigned to the task and sent through the wormhole.

Their mission was to last one week, and just as planned the researches return to newly renamed Andromeda Station right on time. They brought back stories of colonized planet just on the other side of the wormhole and of the spacefaring race of people who inhabit it. The explorers also bring back two important pieces of information; The planet contains Notum just like Rubi-Ka and the People on the planet were trilled to meet the researches because they had a serious problem on their hands.

Omni-Tek is thrilled to hear about this contact but is now juggling the problem of drawing the Alien’s attention by opening up the wormhole. Not able to send more employees to further the exploration Andromeda Station is opened up to anyone brave enough to chart the new Galaxy.

----------
    Intergalactic Commerce Clause:
    ----------

The opening of the wormhole has opened up new markets to the consumers and producers of both galaxies. Omni-Tek was quick to restrict commercial and industrial traffic to any non-corporate entity. This resulted in many Corporations filing anti-trust suits against Omni-Tek through the ICC.

Omni-Tek was quick to respond citing the presence of Notum in the new galaxy and how it could undermine their existing operations if Notum could be shipped through the wormhole which they discovered and maintain.

A long and embroiled legal trial pressed on in Sol Banking Corporation v. Omni-Tek Corporation. At the conclusion of the Trial the ICC backed Sol Banking's claims but set forth the following conditions regarding the trafficking of Notum:

I. Omni-Tek may exercise its rights to be the sole exporter of Notum on all traffic passing through the wormhole.

II. Any Notum, in quantities large enough to be su****ious of commercial or industrial resale, will be confiscated by Omni-Trans Custom Officials upon inspection. The Individual or Entity will be financially compensated for the Notum seized in this way according to an Omni-Tek Pay Scale.

III. Omni-Tek’s right to exercise its monopoly rights on the wormhole is strictly pegged to its lease of Rubi-Ka. Should for any reason Omni-Tek’s lease be revoked or expire so does its claims over the wormhole.

==========
    Objective Overview:
    ==========

Players will be able to be transported from the surface of Rubi-Ka to Andromeda Station via a time shuttle departing from Borealis. Players who Pre-Order and complete a Pre-Order quest series will receive a Transporter Token which can be used to instantly transport a player from anywhere on Rubi-Ka to the Officer’s Club on board the OTS Golden Eagle which in addition to being a bar will have a Whom-Pah to the Station.

On Andromeda Station there will be all the luxuries of a major player city as well as an observation deck which will serve as a bar and display the Golden Eagle, Persisting Vigilance and Constanople engaging the Alien fighters in space as well as the Wormhole opening and closing.

Onboard the station players will be able to board a shuttle which will take them from Andromeda Station to the surface of the new planet.

On the planet the players will work to piece together larger pieces of the puzzle of their existence. This includes discovering that The Source is not unique. Andromeda System contains two Anomalies with matter and energy properties identical to The Source. Players also go on to discover that the Humans of the new planet control one and that the Aliens that are invading Rubi-ka are also in the Andromeda System and they control the other.

Players can assist this new Human race in their battle for Survival and in exchange gain access to Source Forged Armor and Weapons which they can use to battle the Aliens in the Milky Way.

==========
    Content Overview:
    ==========

New “Neutral” Capital City.

New playfields for players 1-220. (Because of the explanation of “The Source” to the other Anomalies players will be able to gain Shadow Knowledge in the new areas.)

New Alien Playfields in the context of planetary invasion. Players dropship into Alien fortified worlds and need to raid them. Like raiding an Alien Built Omni-1.

New Armor and Weapons. The Humans of the new planet control a Source and are able to use it to produce weapons and armor of amazing quality. They will only part with their gear in exchange for assistance though.

Source Hybrid Armors. Both the Humans and the Aliens are abusing the Sources to advance their military causes in Andromeda. Trade Skilling the Human and Alien items together can produce interesting results.

A new Influx of weapons and armor have started to be imported to Rubi-Ka per the Intergalactic Commerce Clause. While not as high quality as Source Forged goods, these weapons and armor are of a very high quality. [New Froob Weapons and Armor to be stocked in Basic, Advanced and Superior Shop Booths]

==========
    Conclusion
    ==========

This is just a concept idea, nothing official or final by any means. I just wanted to write it all down to get it out of my head.
    Last edited by Trousers; Oct 22nd, 2009 at 13:41:43.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Interesting idea.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Thumbs down

1) Too far fetched and irrelevant to the current Rubi-Ka plot

2) Andromeda and Milky Way are already Rubi-Ka zones.. of all the galaxies out there you had to pick two that are also zone names, for extra confusion?

3) "Omni-Tek prepares an away team to be the first humans to ever leave our galaxy"
    is Rubi-Ka part of this (Milky Way) galaxy?
    please give a reference to where you have this information (with page number if PWH)

also we know that OT now has faster means of travel than David Marlin did, so they might have send out ships out of the galaxy?

Anarchy Online concentrates on the Planet Rubi-Ka.
    indeed the Earth and Omni-Prime system, the Vunes-2 in the Rooster system, ice planet Titan-IC, but they are only mentioned in side notes, they are not the main focus in the plot.

Kind Regards
    Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    1) Too far fetched and irrelevant to the current Rubi-Ka plot
    That's why it's called an expansion. It Expands on the current plot.

2) Andromeda and Milky Way are already Rubi-Ka zones.. of all the galaxies out there you had to pick two that are also zone names, for extra confusion?
    What's your point, really? Andromeda is the closest Galaxy to the Milky Way. The fact they are zone names means little considering the zones in AO are by and large irrelevant.

3) "Omni-Tek prepares an away team to be the first humans to ever leave our galaxy"
    is Rubi-Ka part of this (Milky Way) galaxy?
    please give a reference to where you have this information (with page number if PWH)
    Page 163. The Text is "It was hard to comprehend exactly how and why he, of all people, had ended up here, how humanity has ended up on the other side of the galaxy".

Next time don't be lazy and look it up on your own.

also we know that OT now has faster means of travel than David Marlin did, so they might have send out ships out of the galaxy?
    Perhaps, or perhaps not. Galaxies are very far apart, I'd be inclined to say that without reason they wouldn't just shoot people out at random and hope to find something. It would be too expensive on a venture.

Anarchy Online concentrates on the Planet Rubi-Ka.
    indeed the Earth and Omni-Prime system, the Vunes-2 in the Rooster system, ice planet Titan-IC, but they are only mentioned in side notes, they are not the main focus in the plot.

Kind Regards
    Ariensky
    Again, I don't see your point.

omg i'd love that
    (post engine release ofc)

ofc.

Thumbs down

Thank you for the reply
    I expected you to be more into PWH than me coming with that quote, as I did not find any information in my non-PWO resources about galaxies. It is time optimization to ask for references from the person claiming than to dig it up myself

On the naming part:
    there are THOUSANDS of other galaxies, why choose one that is already represented as a zone on Rubi-Ka.
    Have you never heard people saying "meet up in BS" where one takes to Newland/ICC and the rest to Broken Shores.
    Except you are suggesting something with the same name, not just same abbreviation.

you can take a look on this list of galaxies and pick anyone but Andromeda, then you will avoid a naming conflict..

May I suggest Triangulum Galaxy or Abell 1835 IR1916 for other cool names.

"they wouldn't just shoot people out at random and hope to find something."
    we know where the other Galaxies are, just take a look at the sky.. we know what direction to send ships, that is not exactly what I would call "random".

On the point that we should stick to RK-business:
    the world is UNLIMITED, as we do not have infinite time and recourses it is logical to keep to your own neighborhood.
    When a policeman is killed in France, only French hear about it, it is not in the British, Belgian or American news.

there are already other planets in the AO canon, as I exemplified in the other post. But they are far away and hence unimportant.

If you wanted to do new plot, then why not at least keep it to the already known world(s)?
    That is what I mean with far fetched, that you come up with a lot of things that is totally new, when you could expand on what is already known.

When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

On the naming part:
    there are THOUSANDS of other galaxies, why choose one that is already represented as a zone on Rubi-Ka.
    Have you never heard people saying "meet up in BS" where one takes to Newland/ICC and the rest to Broken Shores.
    Except you are suggesting something with the same name, not just same abbreviation.
    The explanation is simple and I already stated it. It's the closest. To the underlying idea of my concept it makes the most sense.

you can take a look on this list of galaxies and pick anyone but Andromeda, then you will avoid a naming conflict..

May I suggest Triangulum Galaxy or Abell 1835 IR1916 for other cool names.
    I understand there are other galaxies, and I chose not use a single one of them for the above mentioned reason.

"they wouldn't just shoot people out at random and hope to find something."
    we know where the other Galaxies are, just take a look at the sky.. we know what direction to send ships, that is not exactly what I would call "random".
    It is random. They have no idea if there is anything worth exploring in other galaxies.

The grossly approximate distance from Earth to Omni-Prime would be about 20,000 light years. That's inside of the Milky Way. And the Distance between Galaxies is VASTLY larger then the distance between the arms of the Milky Way.

So the Risk and Cost of just sending someone to Abell Galaxy to just poke around and see if anything is there would not make sense. It's the same reason Oil Companies don't drill until they identify oil. To just randomly drill the ground and hope to find something would bankrupt them.

On the point that we should stick to RK-business:
    the world is UNLIMITED, as we do not have infinite time and recourses it is logical to keep to your own neighborhood.
    I agree the world itself is vast, but that does not mean that it can be the only focus of all content.

When a policeman is killed in France, only French hear about it, it is not in the British, Belgian or American news.
    I don't see how this relates to to anything.

there are already other planets in the AO canon, as I exemplified in the other post. But they are far away and hence unimportant.
    You must not be too involved in the plot and storyline of the game if you're suggesting the remote planets such as Omni-Prime and Earth are unimportant.

If you wanted to do new plot, then why not at least keep it to the already known world(s)?
    That is what I mean with far fetched, that you come up with a lot of things that is totally new, when you could expand on what is already known.
    It's to create variety.

If I had the choice between Something different or more Hecklers, I'd opt for something different personally.

just FYI the Abell Galaxy is the galaxy furthest away, which makes your comment rather funny

OT send ships out to explore other planets than Rubi-Ka
    Sure they knew Rubi-Ka, it's place and importance, but they also have other planets.

If there are that vast amount of resources in one galaxy, then why not go for another?

the Milky Ways diameter is 100.000 light years
    "It was hard to comprehend exactly how and why he, of all people, had ended up here, how humanity has ended up on the other side of the galaxy".
    implies that David Marlin has traveled the diameter of the galaxy; 100.000 light years. He left June 8th 12305 AD (PWH 287) he arrived in 28912 AD (PWH 314) meaning it took him 16.607 years..
    BUT Atlanthean landed on Rubi-Ka September 3 28702, meaning they have found a quicker way of travel since then.

"Still, they’d made it this far, and now, after this one, it was back
    up to their ship and a straight course to Jupiter for a debriefing and –
    hopefully – reassignment." (PWH 297)
    Meaning they can now do it in a lifetime.
    if you can travel 200.000 light years (Jupiter->Rubi-Ka->Jupiter), and you previously have send exploration vehicles out for 10.000 year travels, I would find it logical that they have send a vehicle out to the Andromeda Galaxy which is 2.540.000 light years away from earth.

With a very large over-estimate, that the Jupiter->Rubi-Ka->Jupiter travel takes 30 years (the PWH does not state how long, but it is less than a lifetime), then it is only 12 livetimes ~380 years to the Andromeda Galaxy

"It could take months for the colonisation vessels to get as far as this, and in the meantime they were supposed to wait?" (PWH 301) suggests it might not even be years. Though the colony ships could come from other planets.

still the current year is 29483, it is 781 years since Atlantean landed on Rubi-Ka.

with the over-estimate that it takes 30 years to travel 200.000 light years, a ship launched from Earth the day Atlanthean landed on Rubi-Ka would have been able to travel to th Andromeda Galaxy AND have returned. (780years/380years = 2,05)

Do you still find it implausible that Omni-Tek has send out probes for other Galaxies?

I will take the point on Earth business being unimportant in another post, as you seem not to get that

Odds are Omni-tek wouldnt spend the resources to go to another galaxy when they have much of our own to still explore and exploit.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

You're logic is flawed.

You assume David traveled the diameter of the Milky Way to find Rubi-Ka because of the state of "The other side of the galaxy."

I can tell you right now, I can go to "The other side of town" by driving in a straight line and it's a much shorter distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    You're logic is flawed.

You assume David traveled the diameter of the Milky Way to find Rubi-Ka because of the state of "The other side of the galaxy."

I can tell you right now, I can go to "The other side of town" by driving in a straight line and it's a much shorter distance.
    I think you have mixed up "diameter" and "circumference".
    diameter is the straight line across a circle.
    circumference is the way round the edge.
    This should help you: Clicky

The diameter of the Milky Way Galaxy is 100.000 light years.
    assuming the galaxy is a circle, the circumference is 100.000*π light years ~314.159 light years.

There is no shorter way, from one side of a circle to the other, than the diameter.

My idea for new expansion is................place Ao players in....WOW, and EVERYONE KILLS WOW PLAYERS!!!!!! TROLLS DIE :P lol *not real idea*
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    On a personal note to the person who wrote me from prison. Best PM I have ever received. It is going on the wall of my office. To be clear: It is not the policy of my team to delete the characters of people who will be out of prison soon. (Please don't hurt us!)
    Quote Originally Posted by dododo2 View Post
    Grats to EvenTide

I think you have mixed up "diameter" and "circumference".
    diameter is the straight line across a circle.
    circumference is the way round the edge.
    This should help you: Clicky

The diameter of the Milky Way Galaxy is 100.000 light years.
    assuming the galaxy is a circle, the circumference is 100.000*π light years ~314.159 light years.

There is no shorter way, from one side of a circle to the other, than the diameter.
    You're correct, I was mistaken there.

I still believe your grounds for hating on the idea are all wrong tho. So, you have your point, now you can freely go troll someone else's ideas.

Wasnt an expan just released?

There is a difference between feedback and trolling.

I sense you are very defensive of your idea and not open for input.
    It is not "hating" on your idea, it is stating my view on it.

If you did not want feedback, then why post..
    I try to argue logically, stating what I dislike and argument with details and examples, you do not want that apparently, just your version. Not even considering another name..

I promised to bring up the points on sticking to Rubi-Ka.

You say "You must not be too involved in the plot and storyline of the game if you're suggesting the remote planets such as Omni-Prime and Earth are unimportant."

though if you look at it: when was the last game affecting announcement from Earth? From Titan IC, Vunes-2 or other planet?
    Titan IC had a LARGE rebellion, but we hear little of it.

The only planet that effects us, and it seldom do is Omni-Prime.
    Just like the news you get does not cover Chinese and French murders, people on Rubi-Ka do not hear of murders on other planets.

Rubi-Ka is big enough for story development.

I hope you will consider the feedback, just as I considered your suggestion.
    If we just reject everyone else's feedback we never move forward, and then I would just have rejected your suggestion, instead of trying to work with you and help you building it.

But you can not help those that do not want help, so it is up to you, to grasp the feedback, or just stick with the original plan.

Thanks.

But the only thing you stated that would be considered 'constructive feedback' was questioning the choice of Galaxy. Aside from that it was you trying to explain to me why AO should focus only on RK, which I think is a bad idea.

So, no, I'm not going to consider your "feedback" but good effort none the less.

Thumbs up

Thanks.

But the only thing you stated that would be considered 'constructive feedback' was questioning the choice of Galaxy. Aside from that it was you trying to explain to me why AO should focus only on RK, which I think is a bad idea.

So, no, I'm not going to consider your "feedback" but good effort none the less.
    You are welcomed
    by writing this you indeed did consider it, I can see, and that is all I wanted

Thinking that contents should be based on things outside of Rubi-Ka is an opinion, and you have a right to that, and I respect that.
    I have stated that I disagree and it just boils down to that I think RK is enough, you do not

I am indeed glad that you have mentioned a copy of the source, so nanomages will be able to travel as well.

Good luck with your project.

Kind Regards
    Ariensky

Tacked in a few minor updates to the idea.

↑↑↓↓ ← → ← → B A
    Andromeda is the closest Galaxy to the Milky Way.
    Umm, wrong? Canis Major Dwarf galaxy is the closest one (about 4x closer than the Magellanic cloud which in turn is almost 16x closer than Andromeda). Just to clear up your facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by thecheeseman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidana View Post
    This is so out of context regarding my quote that I don't even know how to respond...
    because i win.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast