Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Totw MP twink.

Totw MP twink.

Ok, I have had this lil project going on in my head. In the past month, my head has been bent around this project, trying to tweak it and make it really stand on its own two feet.

I have expensive setups, and some not, and some neat and interesting ideas. I want to point your attention to this twink right here, done by Lorddred of RK1.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=98750

I rolled this toon neutral, and kept him to take advantage of the omni shoulder pads. I have not decided if I want him to PVP or not, but the more I crack at it, the more I am thinking that I'd like to just duel and not look stupid doing it.

The setup I am making to fit my playstyle, is more like this! EDIT: Updated to reflect professional advice.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=126728

After a few hours of playing with calcs and braining my way around lil tidbits, I am nearing this goal. I like the idea of him being melee, and being able to do damage and SELFING his pet nanos. The top sellable attack, Restite, and Absuum, and Mind Howl nuke. With hots and GSF, I should be able to kill my way to Aztur, np.

I picked trox for his looks When I rolled this toon, I ran into Ebag in the cats in Nasc completely on accident, and got his take on things. Some of his advice was very helpful to me then, about levelling tips and the like.

The point I've come to now, is that while mp's are one of my fave pet profession (I have three of them now) I do not know everything I could know or have experience with, considering none of mine are tl7, so I am not sure how to tweak and take advantage of the lil quirks that some of you have relied upon to be successful. I just simply haven't had that much time in, but I am enjoying my lil mp's immensely.

If any of you have any advice, or ideas, or quirky experimentations that you know might help me, that would be greatly appreciated. I am nearing my goal, and in the end, I just want and impressive toon that can do everything that I might want it to do. ( flying might be out of the question tho, as ill need the IP for other things) But not wanting to be just another cookie cutter shield+stick user (even though I can see the power of that setup)

I played with jobe implants, but to use the store bought clusters, the end product resulted in me needing to level up to tl4, which defeats the purpose of the twink. Any advice from the pros? Any tips or tricks? Doesn't need to be too in depth, a simple overview or hints would work too.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Feb 18th, 2009 at 14:52:11.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

That looks like a pretty good setup.

You won't do much damage yourself at that level, so I would personally focus on being able to self cast Caco as a tank, or TEP as a DD pet.

I mathed it out once and at 60 it's just possible to use all of the non-level locked RK nanos (except maybe one?). Requires lots of +nanoskill stuff though, so you might need a full set of CS armor (except where other armor is better of course).

Unless there's nothing better avoid Jobe clusters. The TL reqs that they set are too high. You may also want to compare the imps to symbs (sometimes symbs are better even if they add less, because they'll add to multiple areas).

You'll also want as much +nano, nano regen, and -nano cost as you can get. Consider the CPU deck for -15% (if you can get a QL200 on) nano cost. Nukes will do more damage than pretty much anything else you can throw out (though they'll chew through your nano very quickly).

I would probably dual parry sticks for +evades. Or maybe phaluks for +nanoskills. Just depending on what you need.

Anyway, it's a nice little setup. Let us know how it works out, and what you do to tweak it.

Try with this as a template. Yeah, parry stick + shield but, not necessary.

No usable AI NCUs. You need alien tech 2 and level 75 for it. For TL3 jobe implants, you need to make exactly QL100 implant as final. And there are no QL80 symbiants (eye, brain) that can be used on MP.

I believe I made mine with with QL96 as a start point (can't remember really - experiment a little to figure it out by yourself ), with jobe cluster getting in at the end, when implant is leveled to QL99 or something like that. As I said, that's as far as I remember.

With 3 moochies and gsf on this one, ToTW run is total breeze. Selfed might require a little heal pet bouncing from attack pet to myself (on Azzy only), but the final trio is not a challenge even like that.
    Last edited by Klod; Feb 10th, 2009 at 12:26:05.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    I believe I made mine with with QL96 as a start point (can't remember really - experiment a little to figure it out by yourself ), with jobe cluster getting in at the end, when implant is leveled to QL99 or something like that. As I said, that's as far as I remember.
    Start at ql 97 if you plan to add 3 clusters ... or 98 for 2, etc. Then build up to 100. You'll want to have just about exactly the skill needed for adding the jobe cluster so it doesn't jump up more than 1 ql.
    Villagebike - 220/22 Metaphysicist - Rebuilding
    Fyxi - 220/25 Fixer - Schtuff
    Nullnvoid - 164/6 Keeper - Supahgimp
    Skrappy - 150/2() Agent - wtb axpeh pl0x
    Irolldadvlol - 60/2 Adventurer - Ubahgimp

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    "FC Nerfsquad" When I have that made into a t-shirt I'll give you full credit.
    Join Primal Instinct in Age of Conan
    give it some love

i would NOT recommend wearing Scent Sensor 24/7, you'll go blind !
    Azshara - 220/23/70 Meta-Physicist
    Gen of Quetzalcoatl

Other projects in progress:
    Azsyka, Azshyra, Azshes

Quote Originally Posted by Azshara View Post
    i would NOT recommend wearing Scent Sensor 24/7, you'll go blind !
    just turn the spec. effects off ....
    Metphyst 220/30 NM MP
    Kyngsize 214/11 Trox shade
    Melonn 174/24 Soli MA
    Dafunky 170/17 Soli trader
    Dizzastarr 170/18 Trox advie
    Also known as Drimachus or Raljahz or Slashwrist or Pivson

you can turn that effect off
    Brutalthug16 - Resident Testlive Noobie
    Hellrule - RK1 crat
    Hellhealer - RK1 doc

no way O.o i feel like such a noob atm
    Gen of Quetzalcoatl

Azsyka, Azshyra, Azshes

haha its happens to us all

but yeah; just an idea maybe some mp's may consider

with the upcoming patch (18.0) mp attack pets are now all 2 hours in duration ;
    since caco was only 30 min timer; most mp's found it a waste of time ; but with 2 hours thats plenty of fun.

and considering several mp's can self the ql 139 pet ; 639 mc/ts requirement-
    if you can bump your nanoskills up to 650 mc/ts (not sure if possible) you could in theory get mochams & wrangle, summon TEP (top meatball pet; which owns Caco in terms of damage) and then cancel mochams; and cast CM. you could then control this pet for 2 hours straight.

since the oe requirement is 648/9 i believe, you would be in the clear for 2 hours of destruction.
    Hellrule - RK1 crat
    Hellhealer - RK1 doc

Quote Originally Posted by Azshara View Post
    no way O.o i feel like such a noob atm
    Ha ha! Then you talk about me not having a clue about pocket bosses!
    ᖧ-Flynicist-ᖨ
    Grenade

Rushing where angels fear to tread.

Well, I don't really have a trader alt I can throw wrangles on my toon. The point of it was to run in there with only a couple of osb's (stuff I have access to, mostly being doc hot/fixer hot/behe/brutal thug) everything else is secondary to me, this includes wrangles and pnh.

So, not really looking to cast top meatball or caco. I guess what I am looking for is a hybrid between my setup and Klod's. I got the stick and the shield (had nano and stick in bank for a while now) but for a trox its looking like going all the way to a much higher pet is looking to be far more trouble than I am willing to spend on it.

I have updated my setup, in the link above.

If I can cast higher nukes, I run into nano prool problems. Implanting nanopool or max nano runs me into cluster problems. I think ill do ok with the nukes I am looking at. I should be able to debuff 75 from unmake - 38 from quake - 20 from regular store debuff = crippling to many profs in terms of duels. Between that and the other debuff, some profs are going to have a hard time in PVP. My first duel I lost to a Tiig enf and I had a feeling there was nothing I could do. Even with a stick+shield combo (+140 defense) I was pretty sure I was gunna loose.

I will play with this setup more, and see about hooking in those jobe imps now that Klod filled me in on how to get them to tl3. The extra AAD from that should make my life much easier instead of constantly being on full def everywhere I go. Even 50/50 aggdef (my ideal) would be much more preferable.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Flynicist View Post
    Ha ha! Then you talk about me not having a clue about pocket bosses!
    haha i still have that quote saved <3 made me laugh so much
    Gen of Quetzalcoatl

Azsyka, Azshyra, Azshes

Is howlet / panther possible for lvl 60 MP?
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    Is howlet / panther possible for lvl 60 MP?
    Howlet at least has been done already. Can't think of an example in regards to the panther though.
    :E

I calc'd out a howlet on a 60 froob solitus meta and came up about 100 points short, so I'm sure it's doable on one with LE/AI/SL.

iirc i did calcs for both of those weapons
    was possible ; but i think it needed either contracts or towers
    very high imps & full ai and or support armor ( high rhino / ofab)
    Hellrule - RK1 crat
    Hellhealer - RK1 doc

Edited implant and weapon setup to create a hybrid of both Klod and Dread. I'm in the final stages of getting what I need. Getting to scheol is going to be easy by comparison to getting him into inferno.

Should be interesting lol.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I did a lvl60 nanosquish MP with 0 bodydev and 0 evades. Still can solo the whole place selfed

As long as you have a high healpet, normal mobs with their 20-40 damage per hit cannot kill you.

All selfed you should be able to cast lvl120-140 pets, which are enough to kill anything in there.

My MP is in full nanoskill setup, which allows here to cast a cacodemon, bela, and the second highest mezz pet with a wrangle (which gives me enough skills to ladder up to SI/PM infuses which in combination with the wrangle allow me to cast BM/MM/MC/TS mochams).

Sitting at only 1k HP though, but then again, my lowest healpet restores 400 HP a pop, and bela does 700-800 per heal. More than enough to just train to the GoT room and /pet guard

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=125045

And cacodemon is GREAT for scaring froobs in totw when you rename it to uklesh <3

Ok, got everything set, minus the OFAB/Inf ring. I had to make some last minute changes, to predator armour. (+evades and body dev way better than rhino or miy's any day of the week) Final defense calc was at 550 evade close/200 dodge (+520 with wit up) and about 230 duck skill... +269 AAD is quite tasty. A twinker of far greater skill and patience than I could easily do better. With some small modifications, this setup could be quite froob friendly. I do hotswap between neleb's +15 nanoskill robe and vagabond cloak depending on what im doing.

All bosses were successfully solo'd, and only on Aztur did I actually need to swap healpet around a bit.

Ok.. now, with a 131 wrangle I can cast the Greater Frenzy + Vivificator + Demenus... Now that pets are 2 hours long (Thank you FC!) MP twinks are going to see a huge skyrocket in overall usefulness in tower battles again.

I can prolly safely surmise the possibility of level 80 mp twinks casting a good bulk of buffs and top pets could go on the rise. This is just with a trox, with only a few pieces of nanoskill gear. I read that someone here got top pets at level 60 but that is WAY too much prep time and buff swapping for me. I could be quite happy with just Comp Masteries +wrangle to get what I need.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by theobelisk View Post
    you can turn that effect off
    BTW, I think I may have overlooked the tool that turns that off. Where exactly is the toggle for that? The scent sensor's job is to keep my pred out of OE.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast