Thread: Request: Give Trade skills better xp

Request: Give Trade skills better xp

Request: Give Trade skills better xp

In the PR for AO the promise was made that you could play this game and build your character (gain levels) just by trading and construction without having to fight.

This is not true... The experience received from trade skills is not even 1/10 of what you get when doing missions.

Please give this a huge boost so trading is competitive to hunting.

Now it's better than before, plus the xp you get from lock picking and trap disarming.

But, I agree that a more xp should be given when you do plasma, nanocrystals, etc...
    Stercoral.

Circle G Inc. - Your safety is our business.
    http://nattguiden.no/circle-g/

*bump*

But first: make tradeskills usefull. Make any regular item (e.g. stuff you can get as mission rewards and in shops) possible to make with tradeskills AND make it cheaper to construct them than it would be to buy them!
    Archelan, Ancarim Iron Legion

Vandreren (Adventurer) - Arctech (Engineer) - Egori (Fixer) - Sherringham (Bureaucrat) - Kurtwood (Trader)

Also, make the items produced have a quality level and stats dependent upon the skill of the creator.

Someone with 1000 in Weaponsmithing (and the related skills) should be able to build a QL50 rifle with better stats than someone who barely fulfill the skill requirements.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Originally posted by Kzak
    Also, make the items produced have a quality level and stats dependent upon the skill of the creator.

Someone with 1000 in Weaponsmithing (and the related skills) should be able to build a QL50 rifle with better stats than someone who barely fulfill the skill requirements.
    That's pretty much the point of quality levels. Are you suggesting two items of the same type and ql stop being identical? Makes no sense to me - furthermore it's never going to happen unless they redesign the whole quality level system.

The better skill means you can make a better item, e.g. an item of higher ql than the people with lower skill. No need to elaborate on that imho.
    Archelan, Ancarim Iron Legion

Vandreren (Adventurer) - Arctech (Engineer) - Egori (Fixer) - Sherringham (Bureaucrat) - Kurtwood (Trader)

Treadeskill xp

I know that one of the stated concerns has been that there is no risk to making tradeskill items, therefore the xp should be lower than misisoning. How about this:
    1) Make a tradeskill check that has a chance of fumbling. If you have the appropriate items to be used, and you fumble the tradeskill then the item being used is broken. The higher the tradeskill, the lower the chance to fumble. You then will need to get a replacement item. This increases the risk, and should therefore increase the xp reward. If you think this has no risk, imagine fumbling when making a nullity or GA nano!
    2) make the xp tied to the ql *and* the total cost of the completed item. If I need 5 items to make one tradeskill item and at the end I get a coffemaker that gives me 5k experience and sells for 1k how motivated am I going to be to make that item? Especially when the parts cost more than the selling price. That's just an example; I have no idea how much xp making a coffeemaker gets you, but you get the idea. If you spend a total of 100k making something, why not get 50k of experience? there is finaincial risk here, and therefore the xp reward should be greater.
    BigGreen
    Advisor of Rising Phoenix
    www.risingphoenix.org

current setup

Yet another thread about this. Give it up. It isn't going to happen.

carb and dragon armour was a nice first step in increasing the important of tradeskills I hope more items like them are added toi the game in the future

**BUMP**

Make the tradeskills deeper and more worthwhile!!

Make everything perfect. Right after you fix all the bugs.

AND I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN MY HORSIE, DAMMIT!!!!!

Tradeskills

This was something that was promised and never delivered. The XP you get from tradeskills is paltry compaired with the XP you get from killing. Ok, theres no risk involved in building a rifle, so theres a game balance issue there. But realisticaly, we are talking about EXPERIANCE here. That is, learning and observing. Seen in that light, one can learn just as much from the successful compleation of a project as one can from a successful hunt.

Dont get me wrong, I dont want make 50k XP for building something. But the 450 XP or so that one gets now is absurd. It needs to be double or triple that at the very least. Give me some kind of reward for the valuable XP I have to invest in tradeskills. As it stands, there's only 2 viable tradeskills, pharmatech and nano programming. This is kind of silly, dont you think, gived that theres a double handful of tradeskills to work with.
    ++++++++++++++++++
    Swing
    199 Solitus Engeneer
    Omni-Tek, TestLive
    "It used to be that brave heroes would go out into the darkness and slay monsters. Now that we've banished the darkness, we've discovered we're all monsters."

This is a DEAD ISSUE, anyway. Funcom moved this to "No Longer Envisioned" a LONG time ago.

Yes but it would be real nice to see happen heh also
    give Shubalubdub HIS horsie!
    Level 200 Eng

My name was nerfed if you wish to contact me ingame please use superslang

These are great days we're living, bros! We are jolly green giants, walking the earth with guns. These people we wasted here today are the finest human beings we will ever know. After we rotate back to the world, we're gonna miss not having anyone around that's worth shooting.

just to repeat what funcom said last time this was brought up, the main reward of the tradeskills is getting the item, the xp is just a little bonus, so they dont see the need to increase it. SO unless that view has changed, I dont think this is going to get changed

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Re: Treadeskill xp

Originally posted by Strax
    This increases the risk, and should therefore increase the xp reward. If you think this has no risk, imagine fumbling when making a nullity or GA nano!
    Oh whoops sorry i fumbled your disc is gone

Clan shopping 1-50: NS1 for sale.

Tradeskills

It seems the problem now is that people simply cannot get either a significant amount of money or experience. If the tradeskills were a decent way to make money, then people wouldn't make such a big deal about the tiny amount of experience. Its been my experience so far that any tradeskill generally results in a net loss of money. Not much of a skill then.

A good way to fix this is the player-created items that are showing up now. These fairly rare items are attractive to players and can fetch a decent amount in the marketplace, making them much more valuable to make. They don't really make anyone overpowerful, but they do add another option for players

Let's hope Funcom continues this trend. More player-made tradeskills!

Dont bet on it. 99% of there desicions are bad ones. They stated long ago, that they only want people to get XP by killing things. Forget that I am a doctor and heal, not kill. That shouldnt be worth anything.. Only killing.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Re: Tradeskills

Originally posted by Taelyn
    It seems the problem now is that people simply cannot get either a significant amount of money or experience. If the tradeskills were a decent way to make money, then people wouldn't make such a big deal about the tiny amount of experience. Its been my experience so far that any tradeskill generally results in a net loss of money. Not much of a skill then.
    *laugh* Maybe they don't make money at the low end, but trust me, characters who've gimped themselves to concentrate on tradeskills have no problem with money at the high end. There's a reason why people raise all those 'worthless' skills. And it's generally NOT out of the goodness of their heart or for the xp.

Don't really see any need to increase xp on tradeskills. Just add more viable products to be made.

Tradeskills

Well, that's great that they're worth something at the high end, but the current status of anarchy online eliminates any sort of casual player who's interested in tradeskills. For someone like me that plays only a handful of hours a week, getting to level 100 is a very slow process. Tradeskills need to be viable at low levels as well as the upper ones.

^^^^
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"