Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - February 6th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    I am interested in profession balance, can almost say exclusively.
    Since I play only one TL7 toon that is somewhere on the bottom of the food chain, and booster doesnt provide any content for lower TLs, I am not going to get it until I know exactly what it gives me personally for my money.
    Yeah, some info of its contents would be real good at this point

If the booster has a lot of stuff in it but only 1 piece of armor and 1 nano is interesting to me in total then I'd feel almost blackmailed having to pay for it just to keep my main up to date. >.<
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Maybe you should go test out the content on test, I was reluctant at first to get it but now having experienced the content I'm 100% going to get the booster. The content is fun and enjoyable by everyone.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post

If the booster has a lot of stuff in it but only 1 piece of armor and 1 nano is interesting to me in total then I'd feel almost blackmailed having to pay for it just to keep my main up to date. >.<
    Items are not the only thing that is content. If you only think of the content as a way to get items then you will be hurt and bored with any game.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post

Thats about my point. And no, 2% better ql 300 symbs and 3% different token board for me is not enough.
    Guess I will just have to wait and let others test it for a while before I decide based on their experience this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Maybe you should go test out the content on test, I was reluctant at first to get it but now having experienced the content I'm 100% going to get the booster. The content is fun and enjoyable by everyone.
    Technogen, all I am interested in is how my profession performs in that content. If I dont see any actual benefits for fixers in it I wont find it worth my money then.

I am kind of person that will rather change a game than reroll.

Items are not the only thing that is content. If you only think of the content as a way to get items then you will be hurt and bored with any game.
    I'm not saying only items is content for me. Just saying IF the only things that interested me where some boots and a cool trader nano or shotgun then that would not be enough to justify paying for the booster, but I'd probably have to do it anyway if that nano or shotgun was really helpful. Just to keep my main up to date with the rest of the PvP'ing population.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Technogen, all I am interested in is how my profession performs in that content. If I dont see any actual benefits for fixers in it I wont find it worth my money then.

I am kind of person that will rather change a game than reroll.
    Well I'm an engineer, you know not exactly PvM over powering solo profession but I'm able to do the solo content and the team content.

Get on test and try it out, If you're expecting some great renovations to all the professions from the booster then you're out of luck. If you're expecting some great game play additions that are fun for soloing and team then you'll enjoy the booster.

Buying the booster for items is stupid as thats NOT what the booster is for.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    The weeks and days seem to fly by so quickly.
    ...snip...
    Totally awsome... all of it

Synch update.... PLEASE let it make a difference... I hate playing my former beloved keeper because of it...

I like the idea with two versions of Pande

Instant perk resets.... Finally.... Just make sure people are stripped of buffs, when done...
    - Maybe an added 5 hour timer that restricts fighting would make sure there's no risk of abuse, while putting no restrictions on twinking. (Exception being traders/agents maybe that use/need drains for twinking)
    - Price: 20mill
    Would make for decent credit sink, while allowing lower level toons, twinks and new players alike to use it.
    - Maybe make the price a bit dependant on level also...?

PS.
    For next friday with Means....or just for some post on the forum.... well, just something.

Could you please take a stance somehow with regards to neutrals and how they are to develop from your point of view, or as the current DB rip seems to hint at.... degenerate relative to clan/omni.

Lotsa current and past threads/posts on the issue. Don't think it's necessary to go more into it here.
    Last edited by Mekh; Feb 6th, 2009 at 19:39:13.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

That's exactly what I am saying (I know you weren't talking directly to me). IF we don't find the solo and team content you speak of interesting, then the booster is not worth to buy, for us.

Which is why we are wondering exactly what is in the booster. You say we can go on test and try it out and that's fine but I don't want to. I don't want to try MMO content before it is released to the live servers. I want to experience it fresh as it arrives on live servers.

All I want personally is a couple of pointers. Like if this team content is an instance then what level range is it and how many do you need for it? That's all the info I want. What is the solo content? I don't want to know where it is or exactly what to do, just want to know the basics of it so I can imagine if it sounds like fun or not.
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Feb 6th, 2009 at 19:39:16.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Well I'm an engineer, you know not exactly PvM over powering solo profession but I'm able to do the solo content and the team content.

Get on test and try it out, If you're expecting some great renovations to all the professions from the booster then you're out of luck. If you're expecting some great game play additions that are fun for soloing and team then you'll enjoy the booster.

I only want to know what will my fixer get PvP wise.
    If I wanted PvM I would play some other games that have it way much better than AO; sorry to be blunt.

And yes, what Wrangeline said.

nice update, thanks.

A bit disappointing to hear you even implying that the end of 09 might be the release date of the graphics engine, since that is clearly one of the best things AO has going for it in terms of attracting more players, but I guess it can't be helped? Obviously better to do it right than rush it.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

I only want to know what will my fixer get PvP wise.
    If I wanted PvM I would play some other games that have it way much better than AO; sorry to be blunt.

And yes, what Wrangeline said.
    Then the answer is Nothing, as the content is PvM not PvP.

<@Kintaii> L2P

like who doesnt already know this booster will be titled "Mitaar Hero"

and it will come with a usb Mitaar.

and you use it to duel mobs and bosses in the new zones. to see who can lay down the best jam.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

25-50 mil like some people are suggesting is way too much for a PR.

Some players don't have this kind of creds, and charging this much is completely unfair to newer players.

1-5 mil with a 24 hour timer sounds good to me.

nothing can be abused, since the timer would be plenty long enough and would allow more time for playing and less time for afking.

Perk Reset

On the subject of what the perk reset and time out should be.

First it should be a full reset of all your perks. Period.
    Second the cost should be scaled to the person not a flat fee. So lets say 3mil per perk that you have trained. So a 220/30/70 (all trained) would cost 180mil while a 100/5/14 (all trained) would cost 45mil.
    Third the timeout or cool down should be trained perks * 1 hour. That would be 100% faster than current jsut like means said.

This method would allow people to reperk faster and the cost would be inline with what people can afford and yet be a good credit sink. That 220/30/70 toon would require 360mil to double reset and 180 hours between resets. Ok to take the example of the player needing 22 perks retrained out of there 60 I can see the cost being seen as high but then again they dont have to retrain all 60 for the interim setup do they?

I just like this as it scales with level and perks. At some point a flat fee will feel like a penailty at low level twinks while it seems fair for 220's. Yeah scaled by number of trained perks sounds good.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Full perk resetzomg!!!

5m per Title Level
    TL1 - 5m
    TL2 - 10m
    TL3 - 15m
    etc...

I am thinking that a 72 hour lockout would be sufficient.

This gives players a more than adequate amount of time to twink on their symbs & gear and then get back to playing that character.

To arrive at 72 hours I considered that some characters will need to move perks around after putting in symbs and/or other buffing equipment to re-equip weapons (Multi-Ranged/Melee perks), Comp Lit based items (Beast armors, DB bracer, alba gears), and for other types of minor tweaks that come along with upgrading our characters as we go. Not everyone will need that much time but it is also lengthy enough to deter potential abuse.

Thanks for the info!
    Last edited by Gracee; Feb 6th, 2009 at 20:26:51.
    Gracee e : Blooop e - SPIRIT

50m and minimum waiting time of 5 days would seem ok on perk reset
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    On the subject of what the perk reset and time out should be.

First it should be a full reset of all your perks. Period.
    Second the cost should be scaled to the person not a flat fee. So lets say 3mil per perk that you have trained. So a 220/30/70 (all trained) would cost 180mil while a 100/5/14 (all trained) would cost 45mil.
    Third the timeout or cool down should be trained perks * 1 hour. That would be 100% faster than current jsut like means said.

This method would allow people to reperk faster and the cost would be inline with what people can afford and yet be a good credit sink. That 220/30/70 toon would require 360mil to double reset and 180 hours between resets. Ok to take the example of the player needing 22 perks retrained out of there 60 I can see the cost being seen as high but then again they dont have to retrain all 60 for the interim setup do they?

I just like this as it scales with level and perks. At some point a flat fee will feel like a penailty at low level twinks while it seems fair for 220's. Yeah scaled by number of trained perks sounds good.

180mil??? 360mil???

seriously?

Why do people insist on puting pointless hinderances into the game?

The only reason a person would want it to cost this much is because they have a buttload of creds and have no consideration for people less well off.

1-5 mil is reasonable. for the whole thing, no scaling. flat fee.

180 hours????

Do you enjoy not playing the game???

i mean really...

I'm liking the per level, but at 220 we're talking 220m for a Full perk reset.

Maybe 250,000 credits per level that comes out at 55 million credits at 220.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Nanopwnerx View Post
    Why do people insist on puting pointless hinderances into the game?
    Well it's more of a credit sink is why, I can see why a high cost would be good for the economy, but yes I agree that it needs to be obtainable to people whom don't farm credits, and not make players want to go buy credits from a farmer.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast