Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - February 6th, 2009

Pre-order for €/$9.95 plus 1000 service points

Times two...

EDIT:
    Oh what the h... times three
    Last edited by Mekh; Feb 10th, 2009 at 19:22:30.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Odd that I never even got an email about the pre-order.. let alone about the booster... I still receive AoC newletters (and I never played). FC needs to fork AoC $$ to AO marketing. [lucky I am a loyal customer ]

BL: the advertising is a bit on the poor side :-/
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

Quote Originally Posted by Apothis1 View Post
    preordered.....this hoverchair better be kewl......
    I can only agree with that statement, rather costly ingame item, for those not having 200+ toons.

Here are the pictures released so far:
    Render 1
    Render 2
    With means
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Q - "How is the new perk reset system going to work?"

A - Speaking with an NPC and paying a modest fee will clear your current perk setup. You will be unable to speak with that NPC for an as yet undecided amount of time. This will at a bare minimum be 100% faster than the current time a complete reset/equip/reset takes.
    The exact amount of time until the NPC is willing to grant this service again is up for discussion/flaming.

48 hours,

Day one to twink
    Day two for rest and finishing up anything you might have forgotten
    Day three back to using the character

48/2 = 24 perk resets total if you reseted every 2 hours on the hour. That is a general number of perks you would have to reset for twinking asside from full on 300 symbs or something so seems good imo.

BTW unless the xan symbs have changed there was vehicle skill mods present in them. Does this mean we can expect new vehicle content?

Quote Originally Posted by Ittledoc View Post
    Odd that I never even got an email about the pre-order.. let alone about the booster... I still receive AoC newletters (and I never played). FC needs to fork AoC $$ to AO marketing. [lucky I am a loyal customer ]

BL: the advertising is a bit on the poor side :-/
    The "proper" marketing goes out on Friday. Video with me (sorry to subject you all to that.) emails, and I believe an exclusive interview at MMORPG.com. We just thought we would throw the preorder up on the account pages...why not?

After this booster is out I'll be looking into more direct ways of promoting AO...As soon as I have any details I'll discuss it here with all of you....so you can all co-design it with me :P Some day in the future I think it might be fun to let the community pick which designs we proceed with next...or better yet have the best "player submitted" one voted on and made....could be fun.

And yes...give us that fat AoC marketing money!
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Take it out of the extra sub money you fleece Europeans for.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

bump for that

Il hope you will do some real good marketing to get as much as possible new players with release of new engine.
    Ornaola - MA - 220/28/70 "teh main" - Equip <3
    Ornael - Soldier - 220/20 "twinky" - Equip
    Kitaniya - Doc - 220/22 "cute doc" - Equip
    Astonon - Enf - 208/17 "enfo" - Equip
    Ornaila - Crat - 217/16 Busty Beauty <3 - reroll
    Ornaenta - NT - 170/12 ''nuky nuky''

THIS IS SPARTA!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Take it out of the extra sub money you fleece Europeans for.
    In the larger scheme of things...sometimes living in Europe is worth a little extra...don't you think?
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

In the larger scheme of things...sometimes living in Europe is worth a little extra...don't you think?
    lol.. I am wearing shorts and T-shirts... riding my motorcycle and eating dinner... outside... I love Florida... 70-80 F... in the winter
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

Paying more for AO, doesn't get me anything extra out of living in Europe.

I pay a little extra than Americans do for food and the food I get is better.
    I pay a little extra for my car than Americans do for theirs and the car I get for the money is better.
    I pay a little extra for my choice of MMO than Americans do for theirs and the MMO I get for the money IS EXACTLY THE SAME.

Americans actually enjoy better routing to the AO servers for their less money...lol.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

I pay a little extra for my car than Americans do for theirs and the car I get for the money is better.
    I lol'd

Paying more for AO, doesn't get me anything extra out of living in Europe.

I pay a little extra for my choice of MMO than Americans do for theirs and the MMO I get for the money IS EXACTLY THE SAME.

Americans actually enjoy better routing to the AO servers for their less money...lol.
    think of it as an ocean-crossing fee then. since the ao servers are in america

btw, i paid less for my car, and got a better car.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    think of it as an ocean-crossing fee then. since the ao servers are in america
    If FC owned the transit links, I'd say no more about it.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

I havent read all replies to the placing of the NPC for the reperking but as perks are related to SL and AI id say id place it in Jobe and LE. All can acces Jobe real easy since the whompa is in every major faction city and for LE, everyone passes it at some point.

Hear alot about the perkreset system but tbh it doesnt realy interrest me that much. What interrests me more is that at one point i heard mentioned on Forums about Rubi-Ka expanding. Even in the DB-Quest, Constat and his in Newland based alter ego with a mad face and strong voice, mention about the Dustbrigades being based in the outlands where no man has gone before the only ones who can atm are the fearless Unicorns. The Unicorns have stayed the same over the time being but the players have gotten new stuff like alien armors ofab armors (penultimate which means it isnt the best, wheres the upgrade to ultimate? but thats another point).

Comes down to is that plan of expanding Rubi-Ka real, is it coming with the patch (havent seen on test). Cause Unicorns arent the same warriors as they were before compared to the players, id think its time the omnis expanded their realm which in line of the story would spread the omni force over a larger area. Preading over a larger area means ur defences weaken so clan can march up a little so balance of clan/omni would stay the same. We just explored more of Rubi-Ka.

I think Anarchy Online used to get great reactions of ppl because of the great storyline theres few games around that come close (none i know of). Also i think the story line has been snowed under by the ammount of stuff weve gotten. I mean LE, we get a big lazer, why? Make the story fit again shift it a little so it keeps moving and bring back ARK Newsflash ingame. Roleplaying used to be a much bigger factor in here. Id think it could get old players back interrested if atleast the story is catchy and maybe that same sirup will catch some new fly's (how ironic im called Metafly yeh yeh).

Altho im sure this post will get snowed under like many of my posts have already i just thought id throw it out.

Altho i do remember i posted about a double pande one for raiding and one like excisting, just dont know if it was me who gotcha thinking or if someone else had already beaten me to it, i still support that thought tho nice move id say
    Last edited by Metafly7; Feb 11th, 2009 at 00:07:23.

Tell 'em to get something up on the AO homepage; I learned that the preorder was available via ao-universe
    Rootcommand Level 219/28 Omni Solitus Fixer
    Diosdemuerte Level 213/18 Omni Solitus Soldier
    Dicenslice Level 220/21 Omni Atrox Keeper

~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~

So, when it's gonna become free of charge, like NW?
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Some day in the future I think it might be fun to let the community pick which designs we proceed with next...or better yet have the best "player submitted" one voted on and made....could be fun.
    Does this mean I need to make Blanket of the Gods easier to read?
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

I appreciate you responding instead of just avoiding the subject as previous GD used to do, but don't you think such topic as unfair pricing deserves a serious response?

This isnt really any complicated - we are paying a lot more, for the same product, and there isn't any good reason why we should.

If you did some customer base analysis, you'd propably find out plenty of people have quit this game because they didnt like being overcharged, and that large part of European playerbase are people from countries where average wage is 300-500 Euro/month , meaning 95 Euro a year for several accounts can be quite a pain, and 95 USD would be considerably less.

Hmm... Means? Is the autosend of verification emails to hotmail addresses still not working?

I'm not 100% sure but didn't it say at the bottom of the screen, after completing the preorder, that "an email is sent out to [youremail@yourhost.pew]" ?

One of my accounts is tied to a hotmail address and I havent recieved any emails from FC since the 4th of July 2008. (Anarchy Online Newsletter - Issue 02‏)

I know there were an issue in the past with autosent emails from FC to hotmail addresses. I did alot of testing on the subject and I reported it all to support. I just don't know if it was related to hotmail or to FC :P

Could someone confirm, i.e. copy paste, from their preorder verificationthingy on the AO account page. And have you people gotten an email after preordering?

Edit: I'm at work atm and I can't remember the password for my other email at some other host
    Last edited by wormx; Feb 11th, 2009 at 10:10:26.
    Stars "Wormx" Monkey 220/30/70 3rd opi fix on RK1, 7th on all dimensions to hit AI30 Thanks for all the raids : )
    DanceMeTo "Summerglow" TheEndOfLove 220/27/67 Opi Fixer. Yes, I like fixers.
    LifeIs "Winterglow" NoCabaret 150/14/42 Opi Fixer. Waiting for more hits with the nerfbat.
    Doctor "Wormx6" Panda 220/20/55 Atrox doctor, dinged 220 off Thrak key quest : )
    Mr "Ceilingcat" Monkey 220/23/52 Soli MP, hiding in the ceiling, watching...
    Too many other alts to list here...

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast