Thread: Speaker in the Bar

Speaker in the Bar

Speaker in the Bar

In Character:

Speakers in the Bar is a chance for everyone and anyone to listen to or speak on any topic they like.
    From Zigball tournements to the latest in politics and ethics to stories.
    Anyone is welcome, Omni-Tek employee's, Clan and Neutral citizens alike.

People interested in speaking on a topic should send Eeod of RuR a private comm message.
    There are no limitations on topics. However there may be limits on its length.

If your interested on coming along;
    The first session starts at 19:00 RKST Friday 6th Febuary 29483 ((Click here for time in your Zone))
    It will be held in the Fair Trade bar at Stolts Trading Outpost, Newland Desert.
    This location is easily accessable from Newland City via whompah.

Click here for Map and Location picture

Out Of Character:

Speaker in the Bar, is the combination of two idea's.

Firstly the "Speaker in the Park" which has been suggested in past Greencloaks meetings, and secondly the "Barcrawl".

Speaker in the Bar is basically a get together of anyone at all interested in role playing or the storyline or background of Rubi-Ka, old and new players alike.
    Its a social event where people have volunteered to speak on a certain topic to anyone who is interested in listening.
    it is a chance to learn and hear interesting things, to interact with others from all factions and viewpoints.
    To make it safer for all we are starting off in neutral locations.

If your interested in speaking on a topic please send Eeod of RuR a message.

Code:
    /tell Eeod Hi, I'm interested on speaking at the Speaker in the Bar.
    Last edited by Lasliana; Feb 6th, 2009 at 03:24:43.

Nice idea but seems you forgot to put a date... I mean ok you gave time...but when?
    Sometimes I want to scream
    So long that life escapes.
    Then I'd shut my eyes.
    I'd be the angel of disgrace

((well thats a good Oops moment))

((yay, my account works... boo, once again another event I cannot attend :/ ))
    Krystie 'Lylenna' Lei
    General, Third Faction
    Member of the Departments of Recruitment, Role Play and Morale

We are recruiting! Clicky

Ladies, gentlemen and Atroxes!

We have a first Speaker!

date: Friday feb 6th.

Speaker: Moeder. Senior RUR member.
    Topic: Footwear and hygiene on Rubi-Ka.

everybody come and listen!
    --Victor "Eeod" Linear. R.U.R. Engineer --
    Hath not a machine gears?
    Hath not a machine cogs, racks, pinions, cutters, bearings, spindles?
    Fed with the same electric, hurt with the same bits of grit getting in our works, subject to the same gremlins, healed by the same brute force, ignorance and big hammer as a human is?
    If you program us, do we not manufacture?
    If you take us apart, do we not shoot springs all over the floor?
    If you oil us, do we not purr?
    And if you ignore us.......... Do we not get ideas?

Shoes!
    Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes, oh yes.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

footwear and hygiene?

Did TheDeacon come back to Rubi-Ka?

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    footwear and hygiene?

Did TheDeacon come back to Rubi-Ka?
    No,no. No nanomage women were involved.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Next Speaker in the Bar is on Friday the 13th at 19:00 RKST

((Sorry for the delay in getting this up.))

Next Speaker in the Bar is on Friday the 13th at 19:00 RKST ((Click for the time in your timezone))

At Reets Retreat, in the Fireplace room. Here

Readily accessable via Whompah from Borealis, Hope and Organisational cities.

Please send either myself (Lasliana) or Eeod a message if you would like to speak on a topic.
    Last edited by Lasliana; Feb 16th, 2009 at 17:41:01.

Speaker in the Bar, 20th Febuary 19:00 RKST

Next Speaker in the Bar is on Friday the 20th at 19:00 RKST ((Click for the time in your timezone))
    At Reets Retreat, in the Cafe. Here
    Readily accessable via Whompah from Borealis, Hope and Organisational cities.

Please send either myself (Lasliana) or Eeod a message if you would like to speak on a topic. (If you could send me a tell i can update upcoming speakers list)

Upcoming Speakers;
    Father Langton, "a brief over view of the origins of the neutrals."

Theres one topic that needs to be discussed, there have been people wanting to move it back an hour to 20:00 RKT what are peoples thoughts and opinions?
    Last edited by Lasliana; Feb 23rd, 2009 at 17:13:52.

IC:
    Last one went very well, i would like to congratulate Azazelkeep on presenting such indepth research, it was incredibly interesting.
    I would also like to congratulate Salivice on his, which was also an interesting topic.

Next friday i do not know where the Speaker in the Bar will be held, as i am currently stuck within the grid, going round and round in circles, fixers, are looking at the coding, in hope of breaking me free to the non-digital world.
    Father Langton has come down with a chest infection, not uncommon at his age and is unlikely to be able to give his talk on neutral history.
    This leaves next friday wide open to new topics to be covered by new speakers.

OOC: I broke AO, and am currently trying to fix it/get a new working copy.
    Also next Friday i will not be there, ive some fieldtrip, to a pub in the middle of nowhere.
    This means, I am not sure where "Speaker in the Bar" will be held for the coming friday, nor will Father Langton be able to speak on neutral history.

Next Speaker in the Bar is on Friday the 27th at 20:00 RKST

Next Speaker in the Bar is on Friday the 27th at 20:00 RKST ((Click for the time in your timezone)) This is an hour later than usual.
    At Tables outside of Neuters R Us. Here
    Readily accessable via Whompah from Borealis and Organisational cities.

Please send either myself (Lasliana) or Eeod a message if you would like to speak on a topic. (If you could send me a tell i can update upcoming speakers list)

Upcoming Speakers;
    Dabblez. Topic: "The Real History of the Neutral Token Board"

OOC: I have managed to get Ao working again, but i still wont be able to go to this Speaker in the Bar, nor will Farther Langton be able to speak this week.
    Last edited by Lasliana; Mar 2nd, 2009 at 19:45:24. Reason: Updated Speaker.

Upcoming Speakers;
    Dabblez. Topic: "The Real History of the Neutral Token Board"

Please send either myself (Eeod) or Lasliana a message if you would like to speak on a topic.
    --Victor "Eeod" Linear. R.U.R. Engineer --
    Hath not a machine gears?
    Hath not a machine cogs, racks, pinions, cutters, bearings, spindles?
    Fed with the same electric, hurt with the same bits of grit getting in our works, subject to the same gremlins, healed by the same brute force, ignorance and big hammer as a human is?
    If you program us, do we not manufacture?
    If you take us apart, do we not shoot springs all over the floor?
    If you oil us, do we not purr?
    And if you ignore us.......... Do we not get ideas?

Next Speaker in the Bar is on Friday the 6th at 19:00 RKST

Next Speaker in the Bar is on Friday the 6th at 19:00 RKST ((Click for the time in your timezone))
    The Cup, West Athen Here
    Readily accessable via Second level grid.

Upcoming Speakers;
    Open.
    Last edited by Lasliana; Mar 9th, 2009 at 22:21:52.

Next Speaker in the Bar is on Friday the 13th at 19:00 RKST

Next Speaker in the Bar is on Friday the 13th at 19:00 RKST ((Click for the time in your timezone))
    Rompa Bar, Omni-Ent Here
    Readily accessable via Second level grid, Or city whompah.

Upcoming Speakers;
    Open.

Backup speaker: is Father Langton.
    Last edited by Lasliana; Mar 9th, 2009 at 22:30:35.

Next Speaker in the Bar is on Friday the 27th at 19:00 RKST

Since there is a shortage of people wishing to speak, the few of us that were there last week thought it might be a good idea to change it to every other week.
    So there is no speaker in the bar this week, but there will be next week.

Next Speaker in the Bar is on Friday the 27th at 19:00 RKST ((Click for the time in your timezone))
    Happy Rebel, Tir Here
    Most accessible via ground level grid. There are no guards near either the grid exit of Happy Rebel, which is located no more than 20 feet away.

Upcoming Speakers;
    Open.