Who is Omni-Tek? #Omni-R&D
February 01, 29483 - Eto Demercel [Global]

OTPC - Omni-1 HQ - Eto Demercel interviews Director Channing McVert

Being ready to face the challenges that await us in Rubi-Ka´s more remote areas and being able to confidently face the problems that the war against the terrorists, who call themselves the Clans, throws at us. Always having the newest weapons and protective gear at our disposal. Being the leading company in all fields of research, never letting the competition catch up. That is what Omni-Tek does and what we are used to. Still, the future is undetermined. What will it bring? What comes next? Two questions I just had to ask Channing McVert, director of Omni R&D.

Research und Development, two reasonably easy and very understandable words. However, influenced by bad Holovids the reader might have the image of an absent-minded scientist who simply mixes ingredient A with ingredient B and by chance ends up with the big breakthrough he was working on. The truth, of course, looks completely different as I was able to find out on site, thanks to Director McVert.

Sharp tongues denounce Director McVert as arrogant, detached and living in a world far from our reality. Maybe it can appear so for the uninitiated observer, but let me assure you that there is no truth in such claims. In fact, when you are in the presence of and talk with the Doctor of Medicine, one has the impression of standing in front of someone who knows the problems of our time, someone who understands the world on a deeper level and someone who does everything to let this immense knowledge flow into practical applications.
For example, if he gets asked by a colleague about an especially difficult problem he will always take the time to think about the issue and to make some suggestions without exploiting his position. Should they make some suggestions he will listen to them and will adopt them, should they look promising. He always deals with his peers like an equal and with respect.

The most impressive thing about this man, who moved as an eight year old with his family from Omni-Prime to Rubi-Ka, is the glow you can see in his eyes as soon as he is immersed in a technical discussion. I don't want to belittle it by my words, because one has to experience this by himself, but it seems like a flare-up of childish joy to occupy himself with a new problem and being able to put his whole energy and heart into solving it with others.

I hope you will forgive me, that I won't bring you an example for one of those discussions, as even the most trivial question that Director McVert was approached with on this day, was incomprehensible for me and until that point I had prided myself with being at least a layman in all scientific areas.
Even though my ego took some damage from it I am glad that these capable heads are deciding our family’s future and leading us into a new wonderful and glorious age.

What is the future going to look like and what can we expect from Omni-R&D?
Just like in the past, Omni-R&D is working under high pressure on new weapons, armor and protective devices for our fighting troops as well as working on safety systems for all employees, but that is not all. Furthermore every single nanoprogram, which gets used on Rubi-Ka, is exclusively developed by our own Omni-R&D. An infinite winning margin before any competition, as no one else on our beautiful Rubi-Ka has something comparable.

Be it mechanical Battleunits (called Mechs for short) or a new set of nanoprograms for combat operations. R&D is the only source for all this technology and we all can look proudly on all the acquisitions and discoveries that are still waiting for us. Unfortunately I'm not allowed to give any details, but what I have seen, elevated me to such high levels of amazement that I never deemed possible. The future can come, we are more than ready. Just like it always has been Omni-Tek will be in the possession of the most modern and best technology in the universe. Thanks to the rigid securitymeasures there is not a single incident of espionage or otherwise leaked information that has been known as long as director McVert has been in office. Even those, allegedly, strong and smart claners have never managed to get their hands on information or the knowledge of R&D.

It is Channing McVert, a man who is, despite a 30,000 year old family tradition, living with one foot in the future who will codetermine this future for us. Just as his family has done for 1000 years in a row in the executive suits for us. Allow yourself to dream and maybe your dream technology will become reality, thanks to R&D. This has already become reality more often than you would expect.

Eto Demercel for OTPC

Attached Images:
Director Channing McVert