Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ack, here is one fix that needs to be adressed

essence needs to get a hot element that builds agro non-stop like doc hp buffs. we need team heals that make the mobs think we healed the rest of the team for a combined 500k hp.

Hey Nieth, where did you get that Library of Foul Language? I would like one (although I don't have any complaints about aggro lately.... could be the chaining rage and challenger)

LMAO,
    Sheilabeela, how could you NOT find them, they drop off of every bloody cyborg in PW. The QL 200's drop offf the Cyborg Generals in the cyborg base in the NE of the zone. Its an ok taunt, but honestly doesn't work that well on mobs without you doing SIGNIFICANT damage, hence-useless.
    "An enforcer is judged by the strength of his will, not by the force of his beam or his blade."

Thnx Horn. Haven't hunted Borgs in many months but on second thought probably won't bother with the thing

bump our worthless taunt
    RK2
    BigStupid
    ChasyLane

Originally posted by Thyrra

we need team heals that make the mobs think we healed the rest of the team for a combined 500k hp.
    That is a fabulous idea. A pretend team heal that has the graphic and taunting effects of a team heal, but does not actually heal. Might also be useful to confuse opponents in team PvP.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

hehe, i can imagine it:

badGuy1: that is a big doc over there!!
    badGuy2: we sure its a doc?
    badGuy1: it just healed, kill it

LoFL

I've tested the Library of Foul Language in a few missions with a good team and can't say its any better or worse than the Da Taunter! It wont steal the aggro from a team member who does more dmg than you no matter what. I have to do alot of dmg before it works, and then it might just be the dmg that takes the aggro not the LoFL. It does 37 dmg so you could use it as a dmg shield without aggroing calmed mobs. But, its not working very good.

Then again, if we could get aggro the whole time, wouldnt that be too much control? Not sure how they should make the taunting better. Anyone tried use the anger nanoes with da taunter or library fast? Does it work, build aggro faster?
    "We are not retreating - we are advancing in another Direction."
    Member of the Dragon's Claw - Mercury Dragons

Beach - ".... this is a hospital.... observe silence.... "

Thumbs down LoFL

I wanted to buy a LoFL, saw varying QL ones auctioned in the Omni shopping channels. The seller spammed like 10 of em at once, I wanted the middle one that was QL 80 or so, asked him and he wanted over a mil credits for it. Hate when everyone assumes that whatever your playing isn't your main and that you have a lot of creds

Recently upgraded my doc's weapon and am getting even more aggro now. Out of people my level, I've seen agents and NTs regularly pull aggro off of me. Some Advs and Soldiers can, too. But the Enfs I've teamed with can almost never do it.

Then I realized that the new pets are obstructing enfs from even trying to get aggro. No one wants to waste time fighting the worthless pets, so we don't want to do any damage to them. But if the Enf mongoes, we have to deal with the pet, too. So here's a recent change in the game that works directly against the best tool Enfs have for gaining aggro.

You guys need to do some more yelling about this.
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Shadow Ops

Originally posted by Hypos
    Recently upgraded my doc's weapon and am getting even more aggro now. Out of people my level, I've seen agents and NTs regularly pull aggro off of me. Some Advs and Soldiers can, too. But the Enfs I've teamed with can almost never do it.

Then I realized that the new pets are obstructing enfs from even trying to get aggro. No one wants to waste time fighting the worthless pets, so we don't want to do any damage to them. But if the Enf mongoes, we have to deal with the pet, too. So here's a recent change in the game that works directly against the best tool Enfs have for gaining aggro.

I have been having a lot of fun with my doc lately, I normally come and bump this when I am frustrated on D, have not played D in quite some time now
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Yep. I usually don't dare to mongo anymore. The NT on the team don't like it when I do that. Especially not after the calm-changes....

not only is there the occational add to worry about.. but there's also adds with pets.

/s MAKE OUR SINGLE TARGET TAUNTS WORK BETTER!

Yep, this is definitely true. I never use mongo anymore, except on boss if we kill all the guards first. Anyway, tool nr 1 for gaining aggro is a no go atm. Beef up our single target taunts!
    Best regards,
    Kanatach
    Kanatinka
    Kanataz

"This existance of ours is as transient as autumn clouds
    To watch the birth and death of beings is like looking at the movements of a dance
    A lifetime is a flash of lightning in the sky
    Rushing by, like a torrent down a steep mountain."

Well... As an Enf I use mongo for the HP. If I can safely run it before I attack that is.

But I've tried playing a bit with a (now level 22) n00b doc. And regular heals seems to aggro just as bad as mongo at times. So if "mongo ain't a heal" then "heal ain't a mongo"... ;P

K.
    Shane "Kavanagh" Sosnowski

Woot for this idear

Im up for this, so much I actually posted for once

Being a NT with very low health, I'd love to have Enforcers able to pull aggro off me at will. Unfortunately, doing this would help NTs which is against Funcom's policy .

I wonder how much Izgimmer's Enveloping Flame taunts. I'll bet any enforcer 20mil credits that I can run into a room with a team of enforcers and pull aggro with one nuke. Oh, and another 20mil if you can pull it back off me

Bump for more Enforcer taunt points.
    Waithe 133 Enforcer (my new main character)
    Nediar 180 Nano-Technician (boring. semi-retired)
    Uberned 127 Meta-Physicist (retired. pet pathing is "teh sux")

Nediar @ level 171

Went with a bunch of guildees to help defend an allied guild's towers yesterday. The gas dropped to 5% so I gave a yell over guild chat for people to be careful - no AoE nukes and no mongo near towers.

Another recent change by FunCom that hurts mongo.
    Shadow Ops

The gas dropped to 5% so I gave a yell over guild chat for people to be careful - no AoE nukes and no mongo near towers.
    Quick game of Hang man

Guess
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

Bump !

Yes, we should be the tank, we designed for it, this is our only job and occupation, so give us the taunts, plz, give it us !

An Ma friend once asked me if she should stop hitting to let me taunt... Doh!

/s I Want to tank, give me a real taunt !
    Thib - 218/15 Troxforcer - Slowly getting back in action.
    Jhec - 190/0 Nanogimp - retired for a moment.

Back to play Dec. 06 after 3yrs break, not sure i'll stay tho.

Heh, just wait until you start pulling aggro from 2 rooms away through solid walls for no apparent reason at all. There are some seriously weird things with doc aggro.
    haven't quite finished reading the thread...and sorry to bump it again just wanted to add...docs aren't the only ones. I have numerous weird aggro situations.

In a team with my trader friend, I was in the same room as the mob...walking towards it trying to get it's attention trader was in the previous room....he gets attacked. This happened REPEATEDLY throughout the mission in situations where it just shouldn't.

during a fight where my bot (im an eng) takes down 3/4 of a mobs HP while i hide in the other room...and do absolutely NOTHING - no healing, no casting no damage....if i then make myself visible at the end of the fight...I get aggro.

If my bot has aggro and im near-by and i sit down - i get aggro - when i stand up - i lose it.

When im in a team of 6 and several people are in front of me going into the next room where theres a mob, i often get aggro, even though there are two people directly in-between me and the mob.

Aggro in general is screwed up in my very humble opinion....fixing enf's ability to hold it is one aspect of the larger problem that aggro sometimes makes no logical sense.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast