Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ack, here is one fix that needs to be adressed

ack, here is one fix that needs to be adressed (agro)

Primal Hatred, qlvl139 Nano Taunting for 1664:
    http://v020u46eff.maximumasp.com/AOD...sp?AOID=100209

Mongo qlvl 132 Nano Taunting for 7000:
    http://v020u46eff.maximumasp.com/AOD...sp?AOID=100196
    stole this info from another thread, so dont gimme credit, but I felt it deserved a thread of its own that I can bump periodically.

I dont think we should outdamage every other class, I think there should be a balance between hp, healing and damage, meaning we dont need to do as much damage as some others (read: MA, Solja).

There ARE three tank classes in the game, us, solja and MA, and I have no issues with the other classes being good tanks. We ARE supposed to be the MASTERS of agro.

EDIT: If we dont do the most damage we need OTHER tools to keep agro!!!!! /edit

All else equal an MA and a solja should be able to tank like us... but if we WANT agro, we should get it.

To give a single taunt with such a low hate modifier is absolutly insane. This is a simple fix, does not affect pvp, does not HURT ANYONE (except us cause we get hit more... but hey, we are enforcers).

Just increast the taunts on single taunts... is it really that hard? For example, primal hatred, give it 1000 more taunt points than mongo, make it a cool 8k.

Let us do our job. This is one of enforcers complaints, not being able to control agro, we dont ask for much funcom so please listen.

Everyone post your support for this if you are a true enforcer

Doc's, you need to come here to support this too, so we can keep you safe.

NT's, you know you are agro hounds, you want this change too.

Agents, wouldnt it be nice to be able to hide and AS cause all the mobs are looking at me?

Fixers, do you want to tank? If so start an enforcer/MA/Solja, if not support this thread

Advents are secondary healers, then need to recharge nano, they want mobs on us

Traders know agro as much as anyone, all those nasty deprives and AC's... wouldnt you like to have me do my job too?

Solja and MA, well one of ya gets more damage and solja... umm.. sorry bro, I will support reasonable changes to you too!!!!

Crat's... errr what politician wants to be beat on by a mob roflol

Engineers, your pets will live longer if the mobs are on me.

Meta's like to recharge their nano too, and then the healing pet knows who to be on

It will help everyone... comon lets get this change made
    Last edited by Yazule; Sep 27th, 2002 at 01:33:05.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Bump for taunts.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

i think it's funny how pathetic taunts are
    i would be as well off yelling at my screen almost
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

The original Goddess of Stabbitty Death

Give ya aggro.

note: MA and soldja single taunts are even more borked.
    Seething Resentment QL132 MA taunt
    http://v020u46eff.maximumasp.com/AOD...sp?AOID=100216
    a shocking 1291!

Up them all, and may you guys get the best ones.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Bump for enfs getting aggro
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Originally posted by DaveDread
    Give ya aggro.

note: MA and soldja single taunts are even more borked.
    Seething Resentment QL132 MA taunt
    http://v020u46eff.maximumasp.com/AOD...sp?AOID=100216
    a shocking 1291!

Up them all, and may you guys get the best ones.
    yes, it does NOT have to be class specific... Tanks need agro, though it should be our Forte'... even with the same single taunts though we could still mongo off of ya

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Wink

............juppz!

Bump! for Agro management.

5 second recharge on the Enforcer single target taunts is assinine as well. IF you could spam them till you got the attention you desire, then they they might be an alternative to Mongo.

Mash the Primal Hatred button 5 times and it equals one Mongo. That would work except:

More comparison of Mongo Smash and Primal Hatred:

- That's over 1500 nano for 5 single taunts vs. around 500 nano for one Mongo. No sense using the single target taunt.
    - That's 5 seconds of cast time and 25 seconds of recharge time. You guys need to layer and rage and can't waste all your time taunting.

So, not only do they need to up the Taunt factor, I feel that reducing the recharge would help you do your job better as well.

Good point Bio... shorten the recharge on these.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

I want to be the centre of attention!! Meeeeeee!!!! (Pops a vein)....
    Up the Irons!
    Nunquam Retrorsus!
    Always remember pillage BEFORE you burn!

Legion

ssssshhhh, dont tell anyone thats what were really after...

Single target taunts should cause about half the aggro of a mongo of equivalent levels.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Single target taunts should cause about half the aggro of a mongo of equivalent levels.
    and what makes you say that?

Mongo is an AE taunt, so lets say that in the first room you go into in a mission there are 4 mobs.... 4*7000(each taunt) = 28000 taunt points... half of that is 14k taunt points. If THAT is what you mean than sure.

Otherwise please explain your logic for me please.

my current example shows that 7000/1664=4.2 times smaller. doubling the taunt power will do nothing, by the time i cast 2 taunts the rest of the group has done SOOOO much damage that they dont do a damn thing for me.

They should be MORE, not less than mongo.

You will say "mongo needs to be special".. well mongo is

1) a heal (hot)
    2) a hp buff (the biggest one we got
    3) a hella taunt

So what if our single taunts are bigger, Mongo is still more powerfull.

I should be able to do NOTHING but CAST TAUNTS and hold agro. Now that is an extreme point of view, but it leaves me some room for bartering!

Please explain your point of view to me Kenlon.

I would like to know what level your enforcer is as there has been NO level of my enforcer career in which single taunts have been in ANY way usefull without mongo.

I go into a room of mulitples, someone is mezzing, I cant mongo, just the "rules" with mez you know... so now I have NO usefull tool to get agro. Even against a single mob mongo does not even come CLOSE to garunteeing me agro, I only get it about 50-70 percent of the time (and that is when I chain cast it because I WANT agro).

ROFLOL

we dont even know the effect of "taunt NPC" points.

how many "taunt NPC points" does someone get per point of damage.... how many bonus or mulitplyers do we get for "critical hit!"

I would like to know these things, but not knowing I have to use Mongo's taunt power as a baseline and I think we need MORE TAUNTING POWER.

even in a room where I can mongo freely I cant keep agro

ROFLOL

Re: ack, here is one fix that needs to be adressed (agro)

Originally posted by Yazule

Fixers, do you want to tank? If so start an enforcer/MA/Solja, if not support this thread
    Bump
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

oh, yes. I'm gonna bump this.

Now, I know why the single taunts don't have much of an effect.
    (1/7th of the effect of a lower ql nano?)

Would be great to have an alternative to mongo. Some times, it is sucide to mongo, but I would still like to be able to have useful taunts!

pretty please with sugar on top?

/s HIT ME! HIT ME!

Give us aggro.

Oh yeah
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

...and instead of "aggro" floating over our heads, could we please have a REAL taunt floating there. Like "Yourmother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elleberry!" Or something. That would be fun!

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast