Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New GUI: Uncluttered

Thanks I was kinda wondering but I've spent the whole day redownloading, reinstalling, and repatching so i haven't had a chance to use it.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

I've repackaged the GUI and the link in the origional post now points to the current version. This should work with the 18.4 game patch. Due to the changes to the GUI in the patch, however, you may have to reinstall the basic game GUI, patch the game up to the latest version, then re-install my GUI. As I said earlier only replacing the CharMenu.xml file should work, so you shouldn't have to completely reinstall, but I'm just covering all the options here.

The one thing I couldn't get working is a button to open the itemstore, if you want to view the store you can go to the F10 menu, bind keys, and bind the command to open the store to a combination of your choosing.
    Hello and welcome to The Internet. Please leave your common sense, decency and humanity with the doorman. Have a nice stay.

Squad Commander and resident Shade of When I Grow Up

Is your GUI getting in the way of playing AO?
    Do you want to be able to take screenshots quickly and easily without hotbars, wings and chat windows getting in the way?
    Are you getting tired of that blue colour scheme?
    Try using my Uncluttered GUI!

I strongly recommend repackaging your GUI to fit with the new standard.
    Your GUI .xml files should go under cd_image\gui\clutterfree. Should not touch the default folder.

Your GUIGFX.UVGA / .UVGI files should be renamed clutterfree.uvg*, and the variations should be renamed "clutterfree blue.uvg*" and "clutterfree red.uvg*". You can store these in cd_image\gui\clutterfree\Archives\, for example.

If you want a fast mirror for these files, you might want to consider announcing a release at http://aodevs.com/, attach the file to the announcement thread and link to that from here.

You should probably add a script which enables the GUI for the user; example: clutterfree.txt:
    Code:
    /setoption GUIName "clutterfree"
    /setoption GUISkin "GUI\clutterfree\Archives\clutterfree.uvgi"
    You can then tell people to extract things to the right places, log into the game (if they didn't already), run that script, then relog.
    Last edited by Demoder; Nov 26th, 2010 at 12:48:32. Reason: No reason to have the archive outside of the GUI directory, really.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123