Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New GUI: Uncluttered

I downloaded this GUI last night, and within 5 minutes I knew I was keepin it. Good work.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Mar 6th, 2009 at 03:08:38.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Have you updated this for18.0 yet?

The only suggestion I could make to improve it (for selfish reasons, obviously) would be movable mini buttons. If I could move them anywhere (or please point out to me where you can, if such is the case) that would make my millenium.

Fantastic work.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Mar 6th, 2009 at 03:08:52.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Hitbutmiss View Post
    Have you updated this for18.0 yet?
    I havn't updated per sec, but the GUI works fine with 18.0 with only one exception: the Omni symbol on the battlestation map is now a pink square. I do know how to fix that though, so a solution shoudn't take long.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    The only suggestion I could make to improve it (for selfish reasons, obviously) would be movable mini buttons. If I could move them anywhere (or please point out to me where you can, if such is the case) that would make my millenium.
    I'll look into this, but to be honest it isn't going to be easy. It's been a while since somebody's asked me to do something challenging though, so I'll do my best.
    Hello and welcome to The Internet. Please leave your common sense, decency and humanity with the doorman. Have a nice stay.

Squad Commander and resident Shade of When I Grow Up

Is your GUI getting in the way of playing AO?
    Do you want to be able to take screenshots quickly and easily without hotbars, wings and chat windows getting in the way?
    Are you getting tired of that blue colour scheme?
    Try using my Uncluttered GUI!

In case you want easy things to do, too, how about making a less harsh color scheme with smaller or resizable hp/nano/xp/axp bars.

ahhhhh i'm blind!!!

red bg is dangerous...other than that...nice work!

Well Version 1.4 is up. Unfortunatly the only change is getting rid of the curved health, nano and xp bars and a slight adjustment to the tone of the blue colour scheme. Lets face it, the old bars didn't look so hot, especially at lower resolutions. And the new bars are shiny! There's a new screenshot of them in the origional post.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post

Fantastic work.
    Unfortunatly, this is impossible. The GUI appears to be hard-coded so that the dropdown menus used with these buttons can't exist inside a window.

Speaking of hard-coding, I've been looking for a way to make the attack/nano/perk bars movable with no success. I'll carry on looking but I don't expect to make any breakthroughs. If anybody has made any progress with moving these bars please contact me and I'll follow up on whatever it is you've done.

As normal, a patch is avalible here to update to the newest version. Just paste/extract it over the files in your origional download as usual and follow any instructions from there. Alternativly, if you liked the curved bars keep the origional files so you can use them again if you want to roll back.

If anybody really liked the old bars leave a message here, email me, PM me, whatever and I can put them back into the next release.

Enjoy.
    Hello and welcome to The Internet. Please leave your common sense, decency and humanity with the doorman. Have a nice stay.

Do you want to be able to take screenshots quickly and easily without hotbars, wings and chat windows getting in the way?

wtb tick marks on the new bars (which are otherwise excellent) and on the sliders (agg/def, missions, etc) like in dovve's... and again, a less abrasive color scheme

A quick patch to V1.4.1 here, which introduces the ticks back to the bars, as well as a mystery surprise!

Ok, the mystery surprise is actually a brand new colour scheme: a low-key grey with a few bits of dark blue. I'm loving the "magic wand" tool that I have somehow only just discovered, it makes creating a "new" colour scheme a matter of hours, instead of days. There's a new screenshot in the Origional Post of it.

There arn't any ticks on the sliders yet, they didn't fit with the scheme. That's a patch for another day, along with changing the cursers, when I can decide what they should both look like.

Link to the patch here.

If you could bring the option to have the curved bars again it whould be great. Alsow whould be welcomed if you could bend them just a litle bit more cose they are kinda cool for pvp ( just have seen some1 using them in BS and they was like perfect in there). Well as as for rest what i can say... good job mate, bealive me players in AO apreciate your work even if not all of them leave post's here, i personaly know 9 ppl who changed on your gui yesterday and they are just thrilled. You could proly aply to a funcom job I am prety shure they could use your skills.

Thanx on behalf of my friends in game and keep it up

Wow it's been a long time since anyone posted here. It's great to know people still use my GUI though; there's no better feeling than hearing that somebody enjoyed something you worked hard on.

I can do curved bars, but I have to warn you that if you saw the video at low res they don't look as good full screen. AO has a filesize limit on the individual files that make up the graphics package and this means that curved bars are quite obviously lots of straight bars slightly offset from each other.

Oh well, I'll put a choice of packages in and you can change back if you don't like them .

I'm a bit snowed under with work for today (just bought my own website for the first time and am setting it up) but I should be able to change one file (well.. technically between two and eight depending on the exact design, but now I'm just being fussy) on wednesday (free day from Uni woo!). Also, yay for brackets (you kow who you are Matt)!

As for applying to FunCom... well let's just say it's not on my "never" list, however I'm not doing a computer games degree and you need a VERY good portfolio to join any computer games company without one, especially a team as small and elite as AO's. On the flip side... another two years at Uni may be worth it for a dream job no?
    Last edited by Scabadus; Oct 12th, 2009 at 17:57:22.

One thing I've always wanted from a Custom GUI in AO is hp/np/xp/axp bars the exact height of 10 buttons on a hotbar, vertically. But its been a long long looong time since I've farted about with any kind of gui making. Though I made all sorts of gastly horrific things for Winamp, back in the day.

Plain, notched, its purpose obviously to go flush against a hotbar and occupy a vertical area that a hotbar is already occupying, freeing up just a bit more screen space.

Gief those in your next version. You'll have one more GUI-slave to do you're bidding. Well. Probably not. I'm connected to AO with an IV drip these days, too busy for bidding.
    Gone. Total Levels: 3993 AI Levels: 343. Gear: 200-220B

OK I'm a day late.. sorry about that. Ever been busy at your computer and start to feel a bit hungry, so you look at your clock to see when you can eat without seeming too gready and realise you should have been in bed two hours ago? Yeah I did that yesterday >.<

Anyway, got everything done in the end.

I still don't think the curved xp bars look as good as the normal ones, but if you like them then I'm not stopping you from using them

Anyway the main post is updated with screenshots and download links, so I won't post them here too.

Enjoy.

--UPDATE--

The origional Curved Status Bars had a mistake in it where your nano bar didn't go down as you used up nano. This has beed fixed and the link in the origional post points at the right file, though the file is now called "Curved 2", which may look a little odd. If you downlaoded the curved bars file between my last post and this one, please re-download it.

To anyone who uses this GUI and doesn't check the other parts of the forums regularly, the mail system hitting Live tomorrow (at time of posting) will not work with custom GUIs. I will be sorting out a patch hopefully withing a couple of hours of the game's patch going live, until then I give you this piece of advice from Scenenheard for making it work:

Quote Originally Posted by scenenheard View Post
    For the mail system to work with Custom GUIs you need to do the following:

1. Copy the files MailWindow.xml & MailMessageWindow.xml from the "Default>Views" folder into the "Custom GUI>Views" folder

2. Copy the default CharPrefs.xml file into the Custom GUI folder
    I can't get onto Test for several reasons so havn't been able to verify this personally, but I don't see any reason to not give it a go.

OK so there doesn't seem to be any need for a patch for my GUI. I crashed once, the very first time I opened my mailbox with new mail in it, but subsequent times under the same circumstances have not crashed me. Mabey I got lucky, mabey FC changed something to make custom GUIs work at the last minute, I don't know, but under my testing everything worked perfectly (apart from that first hiccup).

Too red for my taste.
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Still love this GUI. Wonder if it's gonna work with the latest patch....
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Unfortunatly this doesn't seem to be working with the new patch. I'll take a look at it in the morning, but it's late here right now. This Link will take you to the thread in the 18.4.0.2 forum where you can download a clean GUI to play the game with while I fix mine. That link will take you to the thread, it's not a direct download link.

EDIT: Seems there's actually only one file that's incompatible, if you download the clean GUI, extract the files and copy the file CharMenu.xml (located in Anarchy Online\cd_image\gui\Default\ActionMenu\CharMenu.xm l) you can paste it over the same file in my GUI and the patch should complete successfully.
    Last edited by Scabadus; Nov 18th, 2010 at 03:41:45.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast