Thread: Pick up item

Pick up item

I'm sure many people have been annoyed by the R binding to this action in the last patch and sure it's simple enough to change that yourself, but that's not the reason I'm posting this.

I was wondering whether there is any need for this action to be listed separately and have its own default binding. As far as I can work out, 'Use item' does exactly same thing for things you "can't actually use" ...iirc a nano on the ground would get uploaded if you 'Use' and match the requirements, but then again you still have the option to double click to pick-up.

"pick up item" is there for those who don't want to use the mouse that much. It's also nice to use if you have to click through multiple items which are in the way to select the right item.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    It's also nice to use if you have to click through multiple items which are in the way to select the right item.
    yea i get that, but in those occasions you can just use 'Use item' and get the same result

Quote Originally Posted by zorxer View Post
    yea i get that, but in those occasions you can just use 'Use item' and get the same result
    As you said, this doesn't work for items which has an "on use" action, as it would perform that action. Therefore, it needs a separate key binding.
    One could of course argue that using the "use" action on something which can be picked up, shouldn't execute the 'use' directive of the item.

btw; Shouldn't this be in "game suggestions"?
    Last edited by Demoder; Nov 21st, 2010 at 15:48:38.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::