Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Other than bug confirmation:
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion
    The Professionals is a one-way (players-to-Funcom) feedback program which exists to
    - inform the Anarchy Online development team of the players' wishes for future development within their profession.
    Apparently that includes locking threads.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

We can discuss directly with FC about new content, bugs, wishes etc.
    RK1 - Malaxia - NM Bureaucrat (220/30/70) - Master of soloing
    RK1 - Telbruk - Solitus Soldier (220/30/59) - Mostly harmless
    RK1 - Telbewbs - Solitus Doctor (220/30/65) - Raiding assistant
    RK1 - Telbot - Atrox Adventurer (59/4) - Lovechild raid bot
    RK1 - Sumonia - NM Meta-Physicist (83/6) - Mochies totem
    RK1 - Coustaille - NM Engineer (52/0) - Totw Twink
    Test - Mala - Solitus Agent (220/30/70) - Council of Testers

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Everything you need for your crat is here
    Testlive fun : MMOATP and more! Join us!

Amagad they're doing PvF!
    ᖧ-Flynicist-ᖨ
    Grenade

Rushing where angels fear to tread.

i've been tempted for past weeks to make a post about "What Are the Professionals".

And i know things are a bit sketchy to regular players, since theres not much up-to-date, let alone many public-statements about our "powers" or roles.

The primary role we have, is acting like a funnel (a liason to say..) between our respective communities and FC. to further help with this, we're responsible for trying to maintain a public wishlist and buglist.

With attempting to maintain such, we have limited privleges on Testlive, where we can usually request (being nice, and such help as well) new items that have an effect on our professions to test, and give any feedback about these items to our community and/or FC.

When it comes to the forums, yes, it can be said we were originally given moderator status primarily for stickying certain discussion posts. However, even the community team of the time (and this has been ever so many years ago.. yes.. before my time even) realized that the professionals could help with minor moderation of their respective forums.

The conflict people have seen is due to the mix of conflicting NDA agreements all volunteers must agree to. and no one at FC has taken the time to fully review all rules that cross NDA agreements, and attempt to unify them so that everyone better understands whos authorized to do what. it somewhat becomes a "we said, they said" with neither being able to show their proof, due to the legal agreements.

What is important now, is that we beleive we all have worked out these differences (along with some FC officials) and things should be going peachy now.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

A funnel, thats great.

I had the funny idea they where a filter, that wouldn't be good, you know?

So, how is it going?

What does FC think about our latest suggestions about our profession's improvement? Can we get a summary?
    Proud member of Shadow Ops

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion
    The Professionals is a one-way (players-to-Funcom) feedback program
    My emphasis. Just checking that your expectations aren't too high.

X

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech View Post

X
    Ah. Nerf.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

Quote Originally Posted by viandante View Post
    A funnel, thats great.

I had the funny idea they where a filter, that wouldn't be good, you know?
    clearly, i cant speak for the other current prof professionals, however, you can be assured that the MP Profs have on many occasions have brought up ideas to FC we didnt care for personally. sometimes its in hopes they'll agree with us, and sometimes they like it, and annoy us.

Quote Originally Posted by Klodders View Post
    So, how is it going?

What does FC think about our latest suggestions about our profession's improvement? Can we get a summary?

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech View Post

X
    If and When(tm) we ever get info from FC that is deemed "non-NDA", we always share it.

if we had some dedicated FC Community staff for AO, i'd love for them to start back up the old Q&A that use to be done. maybe not as frequent as the old method. but just something to get some info back out of FC and to the players about more specific issues than whats covered in the FWM posts.

- Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

The main reason why I care about the summary is, I don't intend to level up flavor of the month prof, so I would really like to know why should I keep on paying for this game (free 30 day offer about to end), if I intend to play as a MP.

What's there to come in the future, for MPs (except AS nerf ofc)?

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    The primary role we have, is acting like a funnel (a liason to say..) between our respective communities and FC.
    My God! You're all little Famine clones. The horror!

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    My God! You're all little Famine clones. The horror!
    hey! thats an insult! (to me, not femine!)

- Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by Klodders
    What's there to come in the future, for MPs
    We'd all like to know that I guess.

X

Hey, at least there's the chance we'll get to SEE and HEAR what's coming our way before it actually makes it to live so we have an option of saying 'no, this isn't what is gonna work' etc.

I suspect all 3 pet profs will be in the rebalance at some point at the same time.

Though with all our various ideas and suggestions on what we think the prof should get, and how it should be rebalanced, I think a lot of us want some sort of feedback from FC on our ideas and thoughts, since we seem to have so many of them. I know I'd love to hear what the devs think of our ideas and if they might make it into the rebalancing in some form.