Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - January 23rd, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    I still think that MPs deserve green flying monkeys. Means?
    Don't you allready have a green monkey? it might not be flying but ...
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Can we get a " classic " Server without LE on in ?
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    Knockback would fix that.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Pix or it never happened.
    NSFW content, not allowed on forums.

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    It was promised by the man himself that they will be released and that they will be flying ones.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    I actually live no more than 1 hours drive from Århus and have some family living there...
    We could treat him with a beer there... Hehe
    Kintaii visited, we got excessively drunk <3
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Kintaii visited, we got excessively drunk <3
    did he punish you with kareoke?

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

So is this Denmark visiting business trip? as in you going to get the server hosted in Denmark? (would be sweet latency if that is the case )

So who is this new Hosting partner? The last move were not without problems.

and which steps have been taken to secure that the new hosting partner dont have issues with hosting our beloved game?

I look forward to test the mines, and see if they will bring anything usefulness into the game. how are they going to work if u plant em while enemy is in radius of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    But they're not putting AI armour in the game -again-. If anything a higher supply evens out the playing field, which nullifies the overpowered nature. Something is only over powered if you have it and your opponent doesn't. If you both have the item, then the power is equal.

Anyone serious about PvP already has the AI armour they need or are currently working to get it. Either way, they'll have it. So the only real change will be what we saw with the advent of S10, cheaper bots and a more ready supply.
    Meh...I guess that's one way to look at it
    Almadena

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Knockback would fix that.
    That made me chuckle actually... nice thought.

It was promised by the man himself that they will be released and that they will be flying ones.
    Aye, release em flying monkeys. They all be runnin like a lily-livered lass in excitement while we be splittin da booty.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Ok, quit it with the flying monkeys*shudders*

If they make it in game I am turning this doll into a pin cushion!
    210/18 Solitus Ranged Advy RUSTINEL * GARRZ Soldier Solitus 166/21
    145/18 Solitus Engineer DROIDAGE * AVYLORAN Keeper Solitus 161/14
    97/10 Solitus Metaphysicist MEHFIS * ZHERE Nanotech Nanomage 85/9
    Operator SCARCITY Fixer Opifex 49/5 Only TL2 Fixer solo title 7, all servers
    The Smuggler's Tale
    New Beginnings

Advisor of Shattered Dreams and Lumen Orien

Co-founder of Lumen Orien

The instanced nature of these playfields will make it impossible to have player owned shops...but the city bonuses and alien attacks should now be available to everyone. This is a long way from completion but at least work has begun on this issue that has been with us for a long time. "Normal" cities will still retain value due to their size and their player shops...but more AI content will now be available to all. I'm hoping we can also grant fr00b access to the org HQ's at the same time.
    To be honest, please just get rid of everything related to Player Shops, and build a huge, neutral (this cannot shop from "enemy faction" is stupid when neither the storyline nor gameplay stops Omni and clan from being best of friends) auctionhouse in ICC or Borealis.

Quote Originally Posted by ziliath View Post
    build a huge, neutral auctionhouse
    I dislike auctions. The current system on Rubi-Ka is way better; there you can buy it and get it right away.
    You will not have to wait and bid.
    Furthermore, as a seller you can keep the wares in the shop indefinitely.

If you like auctions and waiting, you can use the forums.
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Thumbs down

I think what he meant by auction house, is merely a large marketplace, which sucks tbh. many of the games i've seen these in you actually have to sit at your shop while afk :P wich reallly gets old, like wtf i can only sell phatz while sleeping :P

I think if we could just use GMS to instantly obtain the item with out running all the way to BFE and back, anyone ever ran to CoT on a lvl 60 enfo :P im sure that alot more peole would buy things then, i know that even I have turned down really good deals cause it wasnt worth the time to walk somewhere or higher a fixer to zip there

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    I dislike auctions. The current system on Rubi-Ka is way better; there you can buy it and get it right away.
    You will not have to wait and bid.
    Furthermore, as a seller you can keep the wares in the shop indefinitely.

If you like auctions and waiting, you can use the forums.
    To each their own, if you don't want to use said Auction House (if it were added) then you wouldn't have to, others who do like the idea could. If you want to use the forums instead of an Auction then do so, but don't try to push your preferences on others. To my mind Auctions are a good thing, they promote bidding wars (good for the seller at least), a gathering spot, and a place for people without a city or the time to sit in Bor spamming shopping, or the will/knowledge of posting on the forums to go someplace in game (a lot of players [even paying ones] don't care for the forums, and besides that; why should we need something external from the game to sell in game stuff?) and sell their wares.

Funcom could add a tax, fees (like posting an item costs xxx cred per QL, and xxx cred per day posted; renting the slot) that act as credit sinks. If the place is popular enough and the rates not something totally negligible (but not so high that lowbies/newbies can't afford it; vets while not always having say 5m [random number] can easily farm it quickly) then we could filter out some cred from the economy ^_^
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Profession Balancing Act:

Certain professions currently need more attention than others. We will be conducting a thorough profession review early this year, sharing our findings and acting on them in an upcoming profession "tweak" patch.

My ears perked up..but im ADD...quick before I lose interest tell us how youre gonna fix advy's!
    Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    Yes. I'm a total idiot. Please don't quote that last sentence out of context
    Well Duh lol.

I have chronic dyslexia of the keyboard..

Zen.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenWon View Post
    My ears perked up..but im ADD...quick before I lose interest tell us how youre gonna fix advy's!
    Thanks for the laugh =)
    Gimp army from outer space:
    Falkvinge.::.Synneve.::.Gothangel.::.Devilbunny.::.Ulcerosa.::.Alywen

He should have specified: Ranged advies

Quote Originally Posted by ZenWon View Post
    Profession Balancing Act:
    Simple.. nerf them.. feel the <3
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

Quote Originally Posted by Camar View Post
    He should have specified: Ranged advies
    *Droolz*
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast