Thread: Earn Interest on Credits

Lightbulb Earn Interest on Credits

Idea that your bank can also store credits you enter into it, and you can earn interest on the credits in the bank. Amount of interest earned could be based on something like comp lit skill.

Yep.

Cuz the best thing for an inflationary economy like AO's is to put *more* money into the system. Especially on a percentage basis where people with the most money make more money than people with less money.

Definitely no-go.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

yea, no go... altho some lowbies would find it a good idea, it would only end up in extreme inflation... ql100 guns going for 50mill and so on when the hilvls get 100mill in interest pr. day...
    just think of what a craft hard armor thing would cost then... scary...

ok how about when you reach a certain level you cant put money into the bank anymore, or the interest screws you by rolling back the credits to 0! interest would start at 100% and go down by 1 per level or maybe 2 per level. what about taht?
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

Originally posted by Cronos
    ok how about when you reach a certain level you cant put money into the bank anymore, or the interest screws you by rolling back the credits to 0! interest would start at 100% and go down by 1 per level or maybe 2 per level. what about taht?
    nice idea, but people would just make a level 1 alt, and give them 100000000 credits to stick in the bank

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

And the rich get richer..

I'm all for this idea.. *eyes her credits*

--K

funcom should cut prices on evrything in half... would make it much easier for evryone to get what they want... that someone would suddenly be with much more creds that way could possibly be fixed by removing those creds... they said they could track the duped creds so why not track creds from transactions of items so rediculously expensive like grid armor and armor shapers...?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Talking

I know in the grand scheme of things on improving the game this doesn't seem very important. Just struck me as an interesting concept since that is what normal banks do. It would make it more like the real concept of a bank. And the rich do get richer in RL, don't you know that yet? lol Anyway, just thought I'd throw the idea out there and see what you guys thought. Not a big deal one way or the other since there are much more important improvements that need to be made to the game.

-->longjohn74.
    yes, that is how it works in RL, but in rl everything is not sold via auctions where ppl will keep outbidding eachother, making evrything ridiculously overprised...
    also known as inflation... funcom should do what poland did when ppl had to pay a million for a slice of bread...
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Limited interest

As a possible compromise, you could get interest only on up to 10,000 or 100,000 credits. That'd be enough to keep lowbies moving along without making the uber elite rich even richer.

Still, I'm not sure that'd be worth the programming time. It'd be just as effective to double to loot value found on leets.