Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Hi Means

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    Remember FP doc aint as awesome anymore.... Or are you now saying that RI doesnt effect you often enough for it to make FP doc worse then another FP?

Tricky situation aye... Ether FP doc is still fine and then so is RI, Or fp doc is worse now and you might have to admit that using something else would be about as effective if not more but that takes you having to adapt... ouch... choices choices..
    FP.. False Profession has ALWAYS been a bad choice for Doc; it has a -2K nanoInit debuff, a cost modifier of +150% and -25 to all nano skills
    You are simply too slow with the nanoes that way and will drain your nanopool in no time.

Mimic "only" has a nanoInit debuff of -750, a +15% cost modifier and -140 to all nano skills.

As with all Agent nanoes that are mimicable, they are from before SL, AI and LE launched. Meaning thy are even less powerfull in comparison with real professions now than they were 4 years ago, as perks and research have give the real professions modifiers eg. reflection, absorbtion and heal%.

The tools the agent uses are getting weaker and weaker by comparison.
    The highest non-CH heal we have is the QL 165 Lifegiving Elixir that heals 693-1,283.

Then there is Total Mirror Shield Mk X a QL 146 nano.

Are those the QLs of tools you use in your endgame 220 PVP?
    You really suggest that with defenses of that low a QL, especially compared to other professions, that there are other options than a 10K heal?

Please list the profession and nanoes to mimic at endgame PVP.
    I look forward to your answer

Kind Regards
    Ariensky

PS. Metaing should come to the forum and post her/him-self, that would make it an official reply.
    Hmm weren't there some perks that was changed out of the blue. They had worked since SL launch, but suddenly were claimed to "not work as intended" 4 years later?
    Those perks even had a description that matched the effect.
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

RI, was obviously intended to block CH, the coders went in there and did that purposefully by giving it the stacking order it has. The reason so many agents are so mad over this nano (besides the fact that it takes away CH) is because A) It wasn't announced, discussed or even mentioned; just put in a patch without any warning or notice whatsoever, which consequently drastically affected the agent class (dejavu to the exact same thing which happened to 'The Shot,' being changed back and forth - multiple - times...). Being 'nerfed' is annoying enough as is, but when it's done without warning it's just even more frustrating. And also.. B) because, much like some nemesis nanos, the landing rate on this seems absurd. With 3.3k+ Nr on full def. I've had a soldier land this on me far more often than not... something doesnt add up there.
    Bottom line: This nano sucks and I hate it; but it was and is obviously supposed to block CH.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcradle View Post
    RI, was obviously intended to block CH, the coders went in there and did that purposefully by giving it the stacking order it has. The reason so many agents are so mad over this nano (besides the fact that it takes away CH) is because A) It wasn't announced, discussed or even mentioned; just put in a patch without any warning or notice whatsoever, which consequently drastically affected the agent class (dejavu to the exact same thing which happened to 'The Shot,' being changed back and forth - multiple - times...). Being 'nerfed' is annoying enough as is, but when it's done without warning it's just even more frustrating. And also.. B) because, much like some nemesis nanos, the landing rate on this seems absurd. With 3.3k+ Nr on full def. I've had a soldier land this on me far more often than not... something doesnt add up there.
    Bottom line: This nano sucks and I hate it; but it was and is obviously supposed to block CH.
    thats debateable as you can see very clearly lol the supposed to block part i mean.
    funcom and others say lots of things have been working as intended. im sure you are around long enough to know better.

Quote Originally Posted by torakx View Post
    thats debateable as you can see very clearly lol the supposed to block part i mean.
    funcom and others say lots of things have been working as intended. im sure you are around long enough to know better.
    First phase is called denial, and you're doing great

Metaing pretty much cleared it up, now go spam somewhere else.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    Metaing pretty much cleared it up, now go spam somewhere else.
    Funny, I don't recall seeing Metaing post anything on this issue.

This is how trolls make bull shot fact for the lynch mob.
    why Why WHY ?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by agentgimpy View Post
    Funny, I dont recal this being an 18.0 issue either.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

were asking fro it to be fixed for next patch.....

it doesnt need fixing, its working as intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

This is how trolls make bull shot fact for the lynch mob.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    Its official

I asked Metaing to pleas clarify it.

Quote: [Metaing]: since nobody from FC have said it is bugged, you should assume it is working as intended

Quote: [Metaing]: and giving agents new FPable nanos, wasn't done for agents to stay Doc even more

Now this doesn't mean that Doc isnt the best FP for you, it means that when RI is in the game you have to withdraw that from the Doc FP "benefit" scale, and THEN decide on what FP thats the best one for you... If you find that its still FP doc DESPITE RI being in the game, then good for you...

Thank you Metaing for finally clearing it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uaintseenme View Post
    Much as i hate to agree with Tim about anything at all, I was standing on the platform in ICC when meta proclaimed RI as working as intended.
    Go read page 3.

If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Die thread, die!

(Unless you speak German, because then it would mean "The thread, the".)

Go read page 3.
    I still dont see a post by Metaing.

Page three of what thread?
    why Why WHY ?!?!?!

I still dont see a post by Metaing.

Page three of what thread?

Metaing responded to a player who actually took the time and effort to go and talk to him about it on test.

Metaing said that player could quote him.

If that player was lying and faking quotes from FC staff, that player would now be banned and the posts deleted.

Stop being a ****.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

sure he said they can quote him..because a quote isnt an official response.
    easy way out for him.

I have no reason to believe Rktim would lie about something like that or to fabricate a devs response from mIRC/ingame or whatever the source chat-software was.

The devs response wasn't really "official" though. It sounded like he didn't know the answer either. He just said that if FC haven't said that something is wrong, then there most likely isn't anything wrong.
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Jan 23rd, 2009 at 12:59:11.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    I have no reason to believe Rktim would lie about something like that or to fabricate a devs response from mIRC/ingame or whatever the source chat-software was.

The devs response wasn't really "official" though. It sounded like he didn't know the answer either. He just said that if FC haven't said that something is wrong, then there most likely isn't anything wrong.
    I think it was more to establish a general rule so that people wont come running asking "Is it a bug???" every 5 out of 6 items and expecting to get a answer..
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

"since nobody from FC have said it is bugged, you should assume it is working as intended"

That's what a developer said? Really? We can take that as official too?

I should assume then, that if funcom doesn't declare publicly that doing something is a bug, then it isn't and it's working as intended?

And he/she wants us to take something quoted in the forum that was supposedly said from him/her in vicinity chat as an official response?

Sorry, but the only way to convince me that it's working as intended is if someone from funcom were to go and edit the description and the technical stats of that nano.

That's the easiest and most correct way to end this discussion. And seriously how much time would it take?

The OPness of that nano would be another discussion though

I agree that the statement is somewhat vague, but think of it this way.

Any developer work to eliminate bugs. FC is aware that RI is in the CH line and blocks CH. Mainly because they (Metaing) was asked directly and commented, but also the gazillion troll threads all over the forum. I'm not a programmer, but I dare say that this might be the easiest bug fix ever if it indeed is a bug, and as such the fact that it hasn't been patched yet implies that it's not a bug, since I can't think of a reason why the devs would keep such an easy-to-fix bug in game.

The circumstancial evidence of RI working as intended seems overwhelming.

btw, I think you can take anything a developer say in any medium as official, otherwise they wouldn't say it and it would damage their standing more than benefit it.

its overpowered simple as that. it needs to be changed wether its a fix to a bug or not.

"since nobody from FC have said it is bugged, you should assume it is working as intended"
    so using an exploit as soon as FC is not aware of it is not exploiting ? cool.

(edit: not speaking about RI in particular here, /me want to avoid flames)
    Gi "Kerius" Mp
    Coolest MP ever !

The circumstancial evidence of RI working as intended seems overwhelming.
    Are you a lawyer?

What if someone wrote that they would rob a bank.
    Is that enough circumstantial evidence that they intend to rob a bank?

We have the same problem here, there are no "overwhelming circumstantial evidence" pointing more in one direction than the other. That is why a clear official answer would be nice.

[Ariensky]: since nobody from FBI have said I lied, you should always assume I am correct
    Sure, it is the nicest thing to always assume the best, but does the above quote make you 100% sure that all I say is 100% correct, all the time?
    You should not. When you deal with information and humans you should always cross-reference to get a higher reliability of your information.

When someone for years have been silent, it does not mean that everything is ok, just because they deny talking about it.
    Is a politicians that speaks about nothing a good officer of the state, since there obviously is no problems that are commented on.
    Sure, a silent politician says nothing wrong, but if journalists in there eager ask another politician from the same party and he replies, the silent politician is cornered, if his friend was telling the wrong thing.
    He either has to correct his friend publicly
    Admit he has made a failure himself.
    Publicly announce his friend was right.
    Keep quiet, letting people assume the wrong thing.

When no one talk about being beaten, does that make beating right?

[Ariensky]: I am always right
    Is not a failsafe.

The text of RI says one thing
    the effect is something else

I see no "overwhelming circumstantial evidence".
    The text and how the CH block was coded, compared to other CH blocks and the low casting time compared to other CH bloggers to me hint that it was put in the wrong line. I do not find it to be "overwhelming circumstantial evidence" of the original intention though.

So when Chernobyl blew up it was intended?
    we can all see the effect.

We can not fix the fallout of Chernobyl even if we find out it was not intended.
    But we can improve the future, learn by mistakes, if we admit making them and analyze what went wrong.

Clearly something is wrong with Remedy Inhabitor.
    1) The nano text
    2) The effect

No matter what the result is, someone should learn by the mistake, by seeing how it got that way, and at least learn to fix it sooner, instead of just saying nothing.

I know what I would like the most.
    But we should all be objective and look at the evidence.

Kind Regards
    Ariensky

PS. Just to be sure everyone gets the story right:
    The silent politician is AO Administration.
    His friend that speaks up is Metaing.
    He might have the same intention as AO Administration, though I think it makes the situation worse that half-official answers are leaked to players rather than posted on the forum and fix the bug (description or effect).

PPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    You could do something crazy like pop the heal pet, TP, go doc and spam LE on yourself, but I suppose that's unworkable because then the agent has to do more than hit one button when they're about to die.
    The heal-pet is automatic.. it would still just be one button.
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast