Thread: [ALL] OTPC: Who is Omni-Tek? #Omni-Com

[ALL] OTPC: Who is Omni-Tek? #Omni-Com

Who is Omni-Tek? #Omni-Com
    January 18, 29483 - Eto Demercel [Global]

OTPC - Omni-1 HQ - Eto Demercel interviews Director Lani Wannja

Every and all communication paths, the Grid and our reclaim data, some will already have a guess whom my second visit was for. Right, Omni-Com's Director Lani Wannja generously took the time to answer some of my questions and allowed me some insight into her fascinating workday.

Last week I introduced you to the person that allows us conventional travel and runs all transports. What would be the more natural progression therefore than to meet the person that allows you amongst other things to read this article at all?

I met director Wannja in her office and it is a very extraordinary, huge computer screens cover the walls and the desk is nothing but a single gigantic computer console. Silence you will never encounter here, there is always a slight buzzing to hear. It mirrors only too well our restless and wakeful planet. This bureau does not know any respite. Who ever walks into this room does not doubt for a single second that Omni-Tek holds every planet wide and interplanetary communication strong in their hand.

Just as industrious, almost restless, appears the keeper of this data and machines. She is the first to arrive in the morning even before the morning shift and the last to leave while the night shift is already lying in their beds. There is no exception from the norm in the grid or reclaim system that the almost piercing bright notum-blue eyes in their slightly fragile appearing body would not catch and that will not be immediately be taken care of.

Director Wannja lives for this job and lines up everything else behind. She is an example for her colleagues and is, as to be seen in the daily meetings, respected and treasured. This reputation and esteem does not come from nothing, she has acquired it by her logic and keen perception and her ability to make the most difficult decisions fast and correct.

There is only few relaxing moments she grants herself, one of them are her regular visits to her parents in Galway. These unfortunately do not occur as often as she would prefer but her work has absolute priority for her.

There are many people that envy her, but they don't understand director Wannja's commitment and dedication and they depict her as a heartless working machine, which could not be farther from the truth. She is a warm and devoted person, who puts her work for our welfare above everything. This includs even her own health, as a nearly constant and ceaseless coughing attests, something which was kept uncommented.

Remember this the next time you use the grid or the reclaim-system or send a message to your relatives. And you can be assured that everything human possible is done for your safety.

Self-abandonment, commitment, never ending service for Omni-Tek - all this emanates from director Wannja. I can only hope that her role model will motivate us all to give our best and to exceed.

Eto Demercel for OTPC

Attached Images:
    Direktor Lani Wannja

Well...I sssuppossse forrr a Dirrrectorrr of Omni-Tek...you could go a whole lot worrrssse, couldn't you? *soft snicker*
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu