Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Friday With Means - January 16th, 2009

btw just popped into my mind:

new BS layouts? its really not huge work, and would revitalize BSing and provide a more versatile bs experience.
    are there any plans on the table?

btw would be a nice addition to the booster, because what i have seen on test... well... probably not enough content to make me pay €20 or so...

edit: one of the new outzones looks like just another apf... at least it looked like so far. the same aliens, the same annoying regen towers... at least it looks soloable, so it may be considered as tl7 sec10. or am i missing something? there can be great potential (story and whatever RP-PVM wise) in these new playfields i hope FC wont screw it up

ps: and WTB it on PlanetMap already!!!!
    Last edited by rimorsimon; Jan 18th, 2009 at 16:32:43.
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This week brought the first version of the "Xan Boss" into game. I'm looking forward to testing out the instance with some of you in the near future. All the rooms/playfields/missions etc are now there...now they need to be connnected together correctly with no gaps and I think we are in business!
    Am I the only one who caught this?

We know there are bigger things then us at play on RK. We discover, on Rubi-Ka, one of our Oldest Ancestors and we're going to go pwn it?

I truly hope that the Boss itself is not really a Xan, or it has some damn good reason to want to kill us.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

No, I brought it up, I think he means "Xan" as in the PF not "The Xan" as in the race. If it's a Dust Boss, I'm 100% positive it has to be Roman, if it not the Dust boss *shrug* I'll get some time this weekend and see if I can't get on test and raid for it.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

I still don't see any SB issues resolved.

Other than that, thanks for the update once again.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

You mean Omni SB Root? That was taken care of by removing roots and making the OS not insta gib.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    I still don´t see any SB issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    I truly hope that the Boss itself is not really a Xan, or it has some damn good reason to want to kill us.
    Its probably pissed at the over zealous RPing that goes on
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    You mean Omni SB Root? That was taken care of by removing roots and making the OS not insta gib.
    Really depends on how it's done. If the OS removes the root at 0s and then does the knockback/damage at 5s then it really wont matter. With lag/synch issue it will catch most rooted people. Problem is still there with 1 side more vulnerable to OS.

Maybe give the targeting beacon an area root removal aura. Would require some thought and planning to OS.

Also the 30s UN-REMOVABLE snare is to long. The OSed side will be killed easily if spread out AND snared. If the snare is to large and makes moving to slow it will have the same effect as insta kill OS. People will quit doing NW if they arent having fun. Most do NW for pvp - not towers. If they spend 10% of the time pvping and 90% rezzing/flying back to fight then they will quit doing NW (which is why noTL7 NW now). If they spend 20% of the time pvping and 80% walking back to fight while snared then they will quit NW.

I think you should really make sure you have the OS tweaked before going live. I believe many TL7 clanners (rk2) would go back to NW if they thought it was fair and they werent going to be insta killed en masse. But if you dont do it right this time I think many will just give up on NW for good. I suggest when the new OS goes live you DONT make it tough and then plan to tone it down in future patches. You should err on the easy side and make it gimpy and plan on making it harder in future patches.

Quote Originally Posted by omutb View Post
    its probably pissed at the over zealous rping that goes on
    </3
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska View Post
    Roll a pet class.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by krumpfwild View Post
    What about giving some love to 1hb/2hb perklines ? Or is that a too strange idea ?
    Yes please, we haven't forgotten! When synch/the booster + other important issues are out the way we will be hassling you again. (ETA on both please btw?)

I wanna crack some skulls!... *thud, thud, CRUNCH*

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    No, I brought it up, I think he means "Xan" as in the PF not "The Xan" as in the race. If it's a Dust Boss, I'm 100% positive it has to be Roman, if it not the Dust boss *shrug* I'll get some time this weekend and see if I can't get on test and raid for it.
    Techno/Trouser, feel free to investigate, but please no spoilers (or at least write spoiler in big letters so I can scroll past). I enjoy exploring new PFs/content etc when they hit live. Cheers!
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    </3
    Pfft, you know I just jest
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

granted, the OS wont kill you anymore ... (if full HP), but I agree that the 7s to 5 s will not have the same effect at TL5+ wars than at TL3 or lower one ...

try to run away from an OS at level 15, even with a GSF... it's already not "easy" ...

btw, same issue with BS ... low RS at lower TL makes it a pain and explain maybe the lack of TL2 BS action....
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post

Other than that, thanks for the update once again.
    Would be nice with a complete re-work of all the SBs or just a complete removal.
    Biggest lie of the century

Quote Originally Posted by Mavritanic View Post
    Make clan PvP zerg-bot is destroy pvp-action in AO.

Tnx!

Quote Originally Posted by Zadamm View Post
    Hi,

The 7s -> 5s changes worries me a bit from the view point of lower lvl notum wars.
    It will become even easier for people outside the range of the field to defend the field.

Previously one could attack a low lvl field, tl6-7 came to OS you (this shouldn't happen, should be in the level range of the field). You would have a good chance to avoid the OS.

Now the same happens and you have much less chance to avoid OS.
    ->The problem with people able to plant markers to fields outside their pvp range becomes more apparent.
    -> Fix it?
    Try this in the next build on Test.

"You must be in a land control area within your PVP range to perform this action!"

Thank you for the reminder on this issue.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

"You must be in a land control area within your PVP range to perform this action!"

Awesome news And I mean really!

Thumbs up

Gee. Finally.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    Physics and graphics are sometimes related. In an old game like AO it's quite possible. So unless we get some data from Means we can only take bets.

Edit : It's gonna asked 30 times to this thread anyway.
    Go Google Ogre Game Engine and you will know it is just a rendering engine.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska View Post
    Good, you won't mind while the rest of us ask for our imaginary fix then - go read the last FwM.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Stop being obtuse, do you mean the omni-soli sb? because if so that was delt with at the same time.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast