Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sign here if you'd like a PvP server.

ty ms
    Hailieglade 200 Heavy Combat PoP Star - Proud member of Inner Circle - Omni born on June 18th 2002
    ...after you fix cams can we get a 250 lvl cap? or maybe a 5k token board? for some poetic justice...
    BR 15 CR 2 Sniper / Medic / Engineer - Markov

BUMP! Nice idea.
    ~Streaz~
    "Self Proclaimed Fixer God since Jan 2002"

Note: This account was stolen from me by someone I thought I could trust. I didn't realize what was going on untill someone from my guild contacted me and let me know what was happening. Funcom was gracious enough to give the account back to me, the original owner, but the account is deactivated for the time being and my main concern was just getting it out of the hands of an unsavory character. Sorry for the drama.

-Streaz

^
    Hailieglade 200 Heavy Combat PoP Star - Proud member of Inner Circle - Omni born on June 18th 2002
    ...after you fix cams can we get a 250 lvl cap? or maybe a 5k token board? for some poetic justice...

^

I don't think this idea would work, there would be profs not present I think because of unbalanced pvp.

Then don't bump it.

*bump*

kyleb, its all about supply and demand, if a guild or a group of people really needed an implant maker or tradesman bad enough, whos focus was not combat/pvp, they would make one.

or even the general public, if you see no implant makers or weapon makers around, people are going to be paying millions of creds to just to have implants made, which will in turn spark inspiration in more people to make a trade char to make money off of people in dire need of trade items

^

Thumbs up bump

bizump.. it would get the gankers, and the ganker-helpers off RK1 and RK2, reduce server load, and shut the freakin whiners up on here. if you look into it, 90% of the whiners on here are PvPers... not people who play PvM. this game is story-driven, not "i ganked you 4 times in Tir arena" driven.

I would love one then we could get rid of PVP on the other two servers and they could nerf away on the PVP server to balance things out.. Problem is FC doesn't have the resources anymore to do such a thing unless they combine the declining population on the RK1 and RK2 servers to RK1 and turn RK2 into a pvp server but I doubt it would have enough people to justify its upkeep.

Wink

Originally posted by Turin
    Ill bump that one. Not because I would play on it, but because I would just like to get all the pvp whiners/nerf cryers off the RK I play on.
    The *are* releasing a PvP Whiner server. I think it's called Shadowbane or something.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

Go PvP...

Well, I would love a server that was all 25% (or mixed 25%/0%) if the following were done:

1) Fix the current bugs.
    -Nuff Said

2) Overhaul the weapons
    -Go over the list and define about where you want weapons of each type to be. -Make at least 10-12 base weapons of each skilltype based on that baseline (different damage types, trade offs for dmg vs crit vs speed, etc).
    -Delete all the current worthless weapons from the game.
    -Make all standard weapons buildable
    -Let players modify all base weapons (add effects, change damage types, etc) via tradeskills.

3) Overhaul Nanos:
    -Define what you want each classes pool of nanos to be (mostly defined already, but flesh it out).
    -Go over the nano list and ask yourself if they all have good use/make sense
    -Fix any worthless nanos
    -For PvP breaking nanos (root/mez/charm/etc), add alternate PvP effects (and/or ways to counter them).

4) Fix Atrox
    -Make them actually get more health/stam/etc for their lack of mental abilities

5) Fix Nanomages
    -Make them actually get more nano/etc for lack of physical abilities

6) Re-implement weight:
    -There was originally a reason that not everyone carried the largest guns/wore the heaviest armor...inability to move due to burden.

7) Fix Skills:
    -Every profession should have at least 3 good weapon choices
    -Merge/remove/fix worthless skills
    -Add vehicles with hardpoints, special hardware slots, etc for all types so that people can tweak them and actually use them (tanks/mechs/carriers/etc)

8) Fix Overequipping:
    -Remove level Reqs
    -Remove breed/profession reqs from everything except nanos
    -Tweak the nanos that make gross overequipping a problem (and if this requires a gross nerf, so be it, just make sure to add good, useful nanos to make up for the loss
    -Tweak ncu/implants so that you can not do the old add ncu, buff, add implants, upgrade ncu, wash repeat stacking. (maybe remove comp lit implants)
    -We dont need all these extra eq like caps, we just need the core problems that let overequipping get out of hand resolved.

9) Fix inits/resists
    -Yes, this would require going back through mobs and making sure that they were not insane/wimped.

10) Bring back melee/ranged combos.
    -Common, some of us like the idea of using an eblade and pistol together. Just give weapons dual multi-reqs.

--Edit--Adding one more thing--
    10.5) Fix specials(fling, burst, etc)
    -Treat them as normal attacks instead of making them hit almost always.
    -Maybe make burst/full auto/etc have a better chance to hit at reduced effect (i.e. if you would have hit normally, full effect, if you would have missed, but were reasonably close to a hit, hit with less bullets than normal (scaling damage down accordingly))

11) Open PvP server, let fun begin.

Anywise, I would love to see 1-10 done regaurdless of 11...

-Religion
    "Talking nonsense since 1974..."
    Last edited by religion; Oct 4th, 2002 at 21:06:36.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12