Thread: End of the year letter.

End of the year letter.

A time has come for a change.

We brought this threat upon ourselves plunging into the core of the shadowlands awakening the alien threat when we finally removed the blight upon the source known simply as the beast. We have been under constant alien attack since their arrival several years ago. While we have taken chances to strike back; they have grown bolder more dangerous and continue to make inroads within this planet. One of those inroads being the most dangerous base possible. It is clear by their actions these ailens are highly intelligent. They likely know our language and they just dont care. All attempts at peace have ended in failure.

This insanity can not be allowed to continue. We have defended until now. Even the outzone access was created to defend. When will enough be enough? This force will not stop now with the shadowlands retaken. Should we fail against the alien threat it will be unleashed upon the galaxy at large. They are not as equipped as we to handle this new threat. This year is quickly coming to a close. Likely a quiet one if we are lucky. But the next year i fear we will not be so fortunate.

To the employees and controllers of omni-tek. We have been in a state of war for centuries. The pendulum has swung many times in both directions to the cost of all. We have the weapons now. We have the power now. The mothership could be destroyed at any time yet we have not done it. It most likely will not be able to be done by either side alone. If we want to make a true impact against this threat and contain its influence the time is now to strike.

To this end I make the following proposal:

A three month temporary cease fire between factions. The gates of the Knight's Castle would be closed and all tower access frozen. The guards in each city would not be allowed to fire on any human soul unless provoked.

A combined force of any willing omni-tek and clanner to strike the mothership's core. We have explored it and their ships before. I would not be surprised if certain people knew the location of their nerve center. Their engine room would not be hard to find. Once aboard the combined force would break off into two seperate groups. One to find the nerve center the other to find the room closest to the engines. Once there the citizens of rubi-ka would take care of buisness activating beacons to finally locate the ship and obliterate it with orbital strike cannons.

With the mothership destroyed the alien threat would be contained. We may never be able to purge Rubi-ka of their influence but we would knock them back many years. We would finally be able to put a solution to order and bring peace and honest competition between us. This i believe was the dream of a man now frozen in stasis on Omni-prime.

Zora you and i have issues that only blood will finish. I can not let past aggressions to go unavenged. But to let that vendetta blind me; to let this fight blind us would be a mistake on a scale unthought of by our ancestors. Eons ago it was thought at this time if we made it this far we would figure out what it took for everyone to live in relative peace. Bones may have degraded but souls still puke at what we have become. Science has advanced in staggering ways even now and yet we fight over pieces of this planet. For what? For many of us this planet has become our home. We defend that. As do you. We share that. This planet is our home. These aliens wish to end that. Is that not at least a point we can agree on? If it is why not give this a try? Why not attempt to unite to end this threat once and for all? Hell once its over we could fight til our heads explode i suppose. Or maybe common sense will break out and we understand that we are better as friends than enemies.

I speak a view that many on both sides likely do not care for. But it is a view cast from the stones of pandemonium and forged by the fires of the alien's might. A viewpoint that this three way war if it continues will end badly for all. We have at our fingertips power that the Omega could not even begin to dream of. Power that could reshape and reform the universe. A true end to war. The ability to take humanity into the next true evolutionary stage and god knows what else. Such power can not be contained by regulation. The history of humanity has shown this time and time again. The only time this kind power has had real benefits for the world is when all have the ability to share in it. I only ask for the chance to drive this alien threat into the abyss. What is more important than that?

I'm sure Grand Moff Zora found your letter quite amusing.

Firstly, If you wish to work together you need to end this senseless war your people insist on waging. Lay down your arms and surrender to Omni-Tek, it is that simple.

Omni-Tek is currently forbidden from landing additional Military Hardware on Rubi-Ka for fear that it will be used to kill innocent Clansmen and women. If the war were to cease and Clans fold back into the Corporation we are then united against a single threat. With a United Planet the ICC can do nothing to prevent Omni-Tek from moving in additional hardware on the ground and calling in the full power of the Omni-Armed Forces Naval Fleets.

You, and your people, live only because the Grand Moff allows you to live. He values upholding the law more then he values military victory which is truly a blessing to be thankful for this time of the year.

I sincerely hope that realize that You are the reason we are still under siege and that you can swallow your pride and do what needs to be done.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Way to undermine and honest plea for unification, Pants. You've enunciated every reason why we actually have the differences we have. If you wished to counterbalance a peaceful intent with supporting a dictator, however backhanded your method is worded, then you certainly achieved this. I'll be sure to send your kind words of upholding law over military victory to the survivors of the hundreds of Borealis tragedies. I think, however, they may disagree about that particular annexation. I don't know what the current protocol is for an Omni-tek peace initiative, but it certainly has gathered enough assault rifles to blur the lines a lil. Oh, and pride is a two way street my friend. It is not smart for any one side to drop weapons. You wont trust us to stop firing at your call, and we simply return the sentiment. We can save our planet without submitting to any summary justice, given enough understanding and compromise.

Adama, I am sponsoring a program to help your statement, simply known as the Outland Rangers. It is a 3 year initiative that needs help in order to live. I tried to appeal to the people as you did, starting small at first. My hope is that one day my little ball rolling downhill could turn into an avalanche someday. Their creed is to transcend our differences and work together to save this planet's people. It is beholden to no particular faction in the largest sense, despite whatever hate the naysayers may bring.

If you have read the transcripts at the Council of Truth gridsite, then the details of its evolution are already there, for you to look over.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Dec 24th, 2008 at 17:58:57.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Way to undermine and honest plea for unification, Pants. You've enunciated every reason why we actually have the differences we have. If you wished to counterbalance a peaceful intent with supporting a dictator, however backhanded your method is worded, then you certainly achieved this. I'll be sure to send your kind words of upholding law over military victory to the survivors of the hundreds of Borealis tragedies. I think, however, they may disagree about that particular annexation. I don't know what the current protocol is for an Omni-tek peace initiative, but it certainly has gathered enough assault rifles to blur the lines a lil. Oh, and pride is a two way street my friend. It is not smart for any one side to drop weapons. You wont trust us to stop firing at your call, and we simply return the sentiment. We can save our planet without submitting to any summary justice, given enough understanding and compromise.
    Honestly, you expect the Corporation to take an 'honest plea for unifaction' from the Clans at Face value? Every ceasefire and truce has been violated by the Clans and as such do not command any merit when discussed.

I'm curious as to why you're mentioning 'Survivors of Borealis'. Surely you do not wish to distort the facts of this case by suggesting we're simply war mongering in Borealis? We moved military assets into Borealis with the Approval of the ICC because Borealis is, has, and will always be Omni-Tek Property. If people wish to dispute this Fact, supported by the ICC, they're welcome to, however, disputing it by taking up arms is terrorism and terrorists will always be delt with accordingly. You call them Survivors, I call them the Citizens of Borealis.

Lastly, I would like to remind you that your people are not exactly in a position to be asking for compromise. Should we opt to disregard the ICC's Dictates we could wipe you from the face of the planet in short order using a combination of Military Supremacy on the ground and Orbital Bombardments from our Navy.

Should the Grand Moff feel particularly daring and ruthless you realize we could consolidate our resources in the south and call our fighters off in space. Your people in the North would be defenseless. With airspace supremacy the alien forces would have nothing to prevent them from getting ships from Orbit to the Surface. Your people would be overwhelmed and mercilessly destroyed. At which point, of course, the war with the Clans would be over and we could bring our hardware in without fear of ICC intervention.

So, I ask you to again to reassess the reality of the situation you find yourselves in and ask yourselves, "Are my ideals really worth getting everyone killed over?". And again, you should be paying Thanks to Omni-Tek for the fact you're alive to celebrate Christmas this year.

I don't take anything for granted. I am well acquainted with how your policy is, and thats why I am agreeing with you. You don't trust us unilaterally, and we can't trust you by the same measuring stick. I have indeed re-evaluated the situation, and upon careful consideration be prepared to look to history for the answers. You need not take my word for it.

If you think I am distorting anything, then perhaps you should ask the majority of the 'Survivors of the annexation of Borealis yourself. Disagree with me all you like, I won't fight that aspect of this debate. You need not even bother with my opinion. It is theirs that really matters, far and above either yours or mine. By definition, consider that the omni-tek version of "lawful imposition" is still imposition as good as any other? Law is law, but the people you've imposed upon call it a violation of their basic human rights. Therefore, that law is weak and useless to the people you've imposed upon.

And secondly, any compromise that can be made, is a two way street always. Don't fool yourself into thinking that somehow moving your forces to another location, wont make a weakness that one of our more militant clans *cough*red freedom*cough* wont exploit of their own accord.

Pride may keep you from admitting, but your threats are hollow. You won't destroy us because you need us too. Your unicorn might is small but well regimented, and yes indeed.. ruthless. You hold the first highest army on this planet. Need I remind you that the Sentinels.. as painful as it is to admit, is the second largest and has shown quite the history or stalemating OTAF. The ICC has sent representatives to both our panels, and they agree we need to work together. If you threw yourself and your whole entire precious resources at the Kyr'Ozch and failed... then you have doomed us all through rapid and imprudent action. Is that your awesomely brilliant strategy to risk that? If so, you are far less intelligent that you have convinced yourself to believe.

So dont lie to me about who has the upper hand. We are ALL in harms way. This makes the ideal universal. Hence the need to make compromise. It's not an option amidst a sea of options.. It's the ONLY option. So, were in quite the pickle, aren't we? For all your confidance in being superior, why run away from such a grand task? Surely someone in your camp has the stones to step up to the plate? We have 90% of our ruling council looking for a way in edgewise, you have a big fat zero.

And on top of it all Pants, i'd like to advise you against personal threats. You and me, we have our differences, indeed. I'd like to take this moment to remind you that your masters have barred you from the doghouse because of your zeal. I still find this amusing, mostly because for once in my life, the people you serve and I agree we both find you annoying at times. Irony is not without a sense of humour, no?

Hyperion is right, the time IS indeed nigh for change. Where does your courage stand, brother?
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Dec 24th, 2008 at 20:06:06.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

*Prepares to make a statement and reads*

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    I'd like to take this moment to remind you that your masters have barred you from the doghouse because of your zeal. I still find this amusing, mostly because for once in my life, the people you serve and I agree we both find you annoying at times. Irony is not without a sense of humour, no?
    Humph.