Thread: ChitChat magazine, edition 34

ChitChat magazine, edition 34

Competition, or evil deeds?
    by An Onymous

Recently a new newspaper showed up, you might have heard it... Rubi-Ka times! You might have heard them claim they bring real news, and they are better than this superbly accurate newspaper! but.... what you might fail to see is...

IT will NOT give you real news, nor the truth as it should be given, The first Rubi-Ka Times is out, and who has been making articles? A clanner AND an Omni! How can you expect real news to come out, when the 2 opposing "wanting each other dead" sides are both working on the same newspaper! i see censoring on all parts showing up.

You might think i'm just talking crap, but take a good look at the "reporters": Clanner Noticiero, and Omni-Pol Ukblizzard! how can a clanner make good news, when an omni-pol (who'd rather arrest all clanners than work with them) is involved too... It seems to me Omni-Tek has found a new way to spread anti-clan/pro-omni propaganda, by holding a clan reporter hostage to put up stories!

You heard it here first folks! Rubi-Ka times is not trustworthy, only ChitChat is!

Will Rubi-Ka Times be unveiled as a propaganda paper? Why does an omni-pol work with a clanner? How badly will the RK-Times shares drop after this piece of truth-news? Read it all in ChitChat magazines!

this is actually correct.. how the hell will a paper written by a omni and a clanner print anything good? probably just fake stories about fat omni-polers and stupid clanners having coffee together!
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

It seems Newland council did a good move by getting rid of the last bird brain who was their trade minister. The RK times has reports or are hiring them from all sides, neuters Clans and omnies. if it is a propaganda news paper it is atleast one which reports propaganda from all sides. instead of the rubbish magazine Chit-chat which isnt even popular among the clanners.
    The Red Brotherhood

well.. they didn't get rid of me actually, I was kidnapped. Most likely by the guy that runs newland and DoI.. who used to work for ICC... and ICC is in omni's pocket.. so in other words, he is omni!

but a newspaper written by enemies can't produce much more good than chit chat can...
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

Perhaps if you read everything you too would have found this line of text:

Everyone can participate and become a reporter. All you have to do is being a registered member on AO-Universe and join the RKT Reporters group.
    More info can be found here:
    http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?...kt&action=info

AKA even someone like you can write articles for this newspaper and thus it wont be all written the enemies. although in your case I would suggest you let some other neutral come up with interesting stories.
    also if you are neutral is it possible to consider the omnies and the clans as your Enemies?
    Last edited by Chaupin; Dec 22nd, 2008 at 01:15:38.
    The Red Brotherhood

It doesn't matter that everyone can make a article for it! it's exactly that fact that makes me doubt the paper.. and ofc I see clanners and omnis as enemies! I'm not on their side now am I? and just because I'm neutral in their fight, doesn't mean I see them as friends... I have my own fights!

Well. as a Reporter, my main concern is to publish my articles. Now if I have my competition, say an omni reporter, coming into my office and shooting me down and sending me to reclaim every time, I won't be able to get any work done.

Same goes for omni reporters.

So a "truce" is mutually beneficial. I can assure you that outside the office, I have no problem sending my omni colleagues to reclaim and vice versa.

However while we're at work here at the RKT offices, we keep our weapons with the safety on.

It's a matter of convenience. I continue my work undisturbed and publish my column like I have for the past 4 years.

Oh and since you haven't bothered to even ask RKT, I will clarify something for you. RKT has no shares, therefore no shareholders. How can shares that don't exist drop? care to explain that bit of "trustworthy" piece of information in your magazine?

It is because reporters of all 3 factions work at RKT that we would never make the company a public asset, Omni-Tek would buy us out right away.

Competition is something we reporters love and thrive on, so it's for our best interest that RKT was formed.

Now you seem to forget that a just because I'm a clanner, my only target is not narrowed to Omni-Tek alone.

I've investigated other matters. Like gangs in Tir, bounty hunters, Radiman's return, the reformation of the Council of Truth, the Dust Brigade, tech news, entertainment news, weather news, medical news, Borealis election (before it was illegally occupied), gangs in Borealis, and more.

I haven't let even friends influence my writing. Sure, if someone asked me for an interview and they want to get the spotlight on their organization, I'd consider it.

Specially if they were a clan. However the choice of who I interview, what I investigate and report on, has been, and always will be, my choice.

ChitChat is a nice little publication that more or less is run for paparazzi, who are more concerned about who slept with who, dead wives, forbidden romances, wedding bells and for some reason a large number of editions feature Mr. Agrestus across a lot of it's published stories.

Of course that kind of "journalism" has existed for quite some time and I have no problem with such kind of work being done.

I occasionally watch soap operas for fun, like "Fire in the Blood" and "Beware of the Angel" which are broadcasted in a few hundred systems across the universe, including Rubi-Ka.

Everyone likes cheap entertainment, but I doubt anyone would take the character of "Juan Miguel" (from "Beware of the Angel") seriously if he was to make a medical report on the gridfeed. He is an actor playing a doctor. Not a real doctor.

So yes, I will read ChitChat for fun on occasion, but if I want serious news... Rubi-Ka Times is where I would go first.

Have a nice day Mr. An Onymous, and send my regards to your brother Mr. Clue Less.

Competition in the newsmarked is good. I just hope the new one will keep the same high standard as we are used to from Chit-Chat.
    But after what I understand, members of Omni-Pol is part of the staff that will aprove the news that is sendt out, so I have no doubt that they will remove any missinformation and keep the quality high
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpeline View Post
    Competition in the newsmarked is good. I just hope the new one will keep the same high standard as we are used to from Chit-Chat.
    But after what I understand, members of Omni-Pol is part of the staff that will aprove the news that is sendt out, so I have no doubt that they will remove any missinformation and keep the quality high
    ChiChat, high standard... no comment.

As for OP in our staff, they know that if they cross the line they'll be losing their position in the largest gridfeed publication in Rubi-Ka. That is certainly not to their advantage. I'd love for my omni colleagues to try and "edit" any of my articles beyond grammar corrections, and they know it. They won't, they are smarter than that.

They probably won't like anything I write, and I will certainly won't like what they will put out. However by being able to reach the readers of "Rubi-Ka Times". all writers get a chance to give their point of view to a large percentage of the rubikan population. That is what we all have in common.

Oh, and our security measures as pretty good. We have neutral engineers warp staff in an out of the offices. Most don't even know where it is, all they need is to call ahead and they are warped in. With special scrambling and jamming devices and a deep scan of everyone who enters there is no way to locate where we do our business.

Besides we accept freelance news from rubikans who aren't in the staff, so we're not the only ones who provide the news.

I got to say, the high standard comment made me laugh, so much for no comment I guess.

Good day.

(( love the reactions it brings out XD ))

Hmm, so chitchat got competition, looks nice, i don't trust this omni-pol interference though... They've invaded borealis illegally, who says they won't just do a hostile take-over of this Rubi-Ka Times too...

A society prospers only as much as its dissemination of information and knowlage allows.

RKT knows this; this is why we have taken the extraordinary step of allowing all THREE factions to write for them.

I emphasise THREE because it would appear that our esteemed competitors have forgotten that there is in fact a third faction that have their own unique (and no less valid) views and standpoints.

Instead of relaying only one version of the truth, we well be bringing all sides, and allowing our readers to make up their own minds rather than force feeding them unilateral pap.

What our esteemed competitors fail to understand is that it is the public that will make decisions, not us; we need not spread propaganda or slurs to aid our circulation. And we care not what other rags claim.

We may work with them, but we won't work against them, this is not to the benefit of the population of Rubi-Ka.

Three factions of news. Cross faction interviews. Social columns. Adverts.
    I’m sure the public can make up its own mind, after all, this is what news papers are for!

Thank you and watch this space...
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Quote Originally Posted by juksrz View Post
    (( love the reactions it brings out XD ))

Hmm, so chitchat got competition, looks nice, i don't trust this omni-pol interference though... They've invaded borealis illegally, who says they won't just do a hostile take-over of this Rubi-Ka Times too...
    Good point, the simple answer there is that it is not in their interests to do so.
    At RKT they have a 'free press' and the fact that it is a press that also includes Neutral and Clan news only validates what Omni-Pol writes in it.

None of the three Factions can get away with large colourations of the 'Truth', simply because the other two would repudate it...

I would have thought that a truly 'Free Press' would be something that the Clans and Neutrals would welcome...
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

how about they kill the clanners and neutrals working there, take over the newspaper, andkeep the info on the takeover secret, thus making people believe that nothing happened?

omni-pol interference? If I was interfering I'd let this whole topic be locked and shuffled under the big pile of outstanding speed tickets of Mr.Linear
    The Red Brotherhood

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by juksrz View Post
    how about they kill the clanners and neutrals working there, take over the newspaper, andkeep the info on the takeover secret, thus making people believe that nothing happened?
    It looks like ChitChat offices have been taken over by Omni-Pol and they decided to try and cause trouble through that publication since they are unable to take over at RKT due to the safety procedures that stops them from doing that there.

Let us hope that all ChitChat staff is alive and unharmed. Poor fellows, having to write with a gun to their heads. But then, they may be drunk instead which also could explain why they're forming all these nonsense comments.

So if neutrals are a faction as you say, and neutral engineers have the controll over who has acceess to the office...
    Explain again how this is independent news?
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpeline View Post
    So if neutrals are a faction as you say, and neutral engineers have the controll over who has acceess to the office...
    Explain again how this is independent news?
    We just hired a group of engineers who were looking for work. They are not reporters and don't care for articles or interviews. They have a contract, making an honest living, without taking sides.

I'm not saying they are a happy bunch, I've seen them make faces at a few omni on occasion, maybe they have friends or family in Borealis. However they are honest people and do the job they were hired to do.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't like me either, some neutrals still remember being able to do business in Tir years ago and I know some of them went out of business because of it.

It's amazing how a small inaccurate piece of information has turned into some sort of inquiry as to how "Rubi-Ka Times" operates in detail. I wonder if people are looking into it to build their own successful operation or if they don't like that there is a place on our world where we don't automatically shoot each other in the back.

My opinion, is that those of us who work at RKT, are lucky to be where we are. We do our best as journalists to give the rubikan public news that mattter and on occasion entertain.

If you don't agree or like it, well that really isn't our problem now is it?

For more information about RKT, feel free to check this gridpage here.

Now, can I go back to watching my soaps? because I'm not answering any more questions today. I need to know what happens to Juan Miguel and Marichuy! I already missed yesterday's episode for god's sake.

((PS: Beware of the Angel and Fire in the Blood are actually REAL SPANISH SOAP OPERAS, google them. I do watch them. On occasion I bring some RL info or event into my RP.))
    Last edited by Noticiero; Dec 23rd, 2008 at 23:21:39.

(( apparently i should have mentioned though that Juksrz isn't a chitchat reporter just a means of posting the stories, the reporters are miss An Onymous or mr B. Iteme and so on ))