Thread: Introducing Flatbot... Again!

Introducing Flatbot... Again!

Flatbot has changed. It was originally just a stock unzip-it-and-run-it Budabot with an easy to remember name for people to just use as they pleased, for the initial confusion of 17.10 and APF changes.

Well. Not any more. It got a serious dose of steroids up the left arm, smack in the right, and LSD dropped right into its eyeballs. This thing, is awesome. eeeeeYYEeeaaahh! Rock-n-rollll!

Commands:

!join, !kick, !leave, etc. All the basics. This bot supports a calculator, items, whois, etc. Most of the 'org' related functions are gone, making it lightning quick. A lot of the help documentation is irrelevant, that may change later.

New Stuff!:

!13 -- Automatically populates a loot list with the entire Sector 13 droptable, with multi rolling.
    !28 -- Automatically populates a loot list with the entire Sector 28 droptable, with multi rolling.
    !35 -- Automatically populates a loot list with the entire Sector 35 droptable, with multi rolling.
    !reroll -- Automatically does a new loot list with any loot left over.
    !multiloot <num> loot -- Rolls multiple items, in a single object. Example: !multiloot 3 Klodoviks Undies (Collectable), puts them all in a single object.
    !healassist -- Has been improved.

Rolling can be done with !result, !roll, !flatroll - its all the same, no longer will you have to wonder what the bot command is, they all work.

Joining can be done with join or any common variant of it. Everything works, and does the same thing. No channel segregation, no problems. No dramas.

Anyone can take leader. !loot, !multiloot, !roll(s), and !reroll are all leader commands. !list is a public command, no longer will you need to bug the leader to !list for you.

This bot will be unavailable to the public, for now at least. If you like it, direct all praise, worship and large sums of money to Rimorsimon, for building it, and fixing many bugs packaged with the original stock. The bot will be available for public use on both 'Flatbot' and 'Zodbot'. Functionality may be expanded later for automatic population of Zodiacs, Symbiant tables, and the like. Maybe.

I imagine at some point when Rimorsimon decides it is time to publicly release the bot, there will be a knowledge database thread about it. He created it, not I. I merely provided the proper motivation. If it becomes publicly available, that's probably the first place to check.

Please note you can use Flatbot and Zodbot for whatever you please. Group sex, rolling loot you just tradescammed off people, using leaderecho to call each other names in yellow, whatever. The fancy pre-configured tables are only for APF though. You can make your own manual APF Lists if you like - the feature is there for convenience only , it is not forced at all.

Screenshots:
    Zippo
    Let the magic begin
    Magic in process
    Loot rolled
    Reroll!

Known Issues:
    -Online/SM breaks when theres a whole pile of people in it. (50+)
    -Few extra lines of fluff-text in Automatic Rolling.
    Last edited by egadsrk2; Dec 14th, 2008 at 17:08:17.

Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    !15 -- Automatically populates a loot list with the entire Sector 35 droptable, with multi rolling.
    Thats gonna confuse people
    Great of you to offer this service though.
    Resident of Rimor
    Ranged TL7 Adventurer Jonalethian
    Pewpew TL7 Doctor Mirkka
    Nerfed TL7 Agent Steinberg
    Parked TL7 Traderskiller Jonaleth
    General of the clan Coven of Hunters

S'called a typo, ya wise arse. :>

To give it a test spin, simply:

/tell flatbot !join

and in the channel:

!leader
    !35
    !list
    !add to junk
    !roll
    !reroll

It's giggle-o-matic.
    Last edited by egadsrk2; Dec 11th, 2008 at 22:45:15.

Well it got its first use not in a testing environment. With me running a Sector 35 raid.

I lost 4 rolls in a row. So. Theres your proof its not rigged and safe to use. Stupid bot. I hate it. *takes it offline*.

But seriously, it is really neat. Use it. ;p

I know I give you crap a lot, but this is a pretty awesome thing you've come up with.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

egads nice job man

Yay !
    ManiaC DivinE DeluxE
    Divine001 - 220/30/70 - Master

All praise to Rimorsimon. He made it. Maybe he can duck into this thread to recieve his well deserved accolades.

I'm grateful for that thanks

also, a good intro of Flatbot:

Cameloot went down before Tara spawn and 66 clanners all of a sudden arrived on the poor thing and made it chuckle. But it did a good job flatrolling the phatz
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Good job Simon!
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Good job Simon. I was on the APF testrun and it performed very well, without any problems at all, the !reroll function quite simply kicks ass.

nice job simon.
    ps. isn't this FC's job?

nice bot, used it today.. pretty simple took me about 20 seconds to get my roll on.

good stuff.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Oh. One last thing. If its down, and this happens to be a problem. Let me know?

I VNC to the machine its on about once a day to check. But otherwise its an unattended PC.

oh good.. that was my biggest gripe with the bot... rolling 3 of the same item and having different odds of winning because they weren't grouped together

8)
    Threeze - 220/24/69 Neutral Fixer [Old New E], [Old Old E]
    Threezeley -220/17 Neutral Meta-Physicist
    Maytricks -218/18 Neutral Doctor
    Beautystrike -150/00 Neutral Nano-Technician
    Bloodred -150/05 Clan Agent
    Optimize -147/05 Omni Bureaucrat
    Maytri -120/02 Neutral Engineer
    Oneze -74/07 Neutral Fixer