Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Informant:

The Informant:

FC, you need to tweak this part of the ICC DB Quest a LOT. I ran this quest on one of my toons when it first came out. When the mobs were way OP and people were getting owned left and right. Back then the Informant was working right. Now I've done the Informant quite a few more times to help people and do it for an alt of mine and I've run across a problem each time. Either Ground Chief Aune has a Damage blocker/Reflect Shield/Absorb Shield that lasts for around 20-30 minutes, or it spawns 2+ of the Omega Turrets. When petitions have been sent to the ARK's regarding the issue they only fix the quest issue for the person who sent petition and not the whole team. Sometimes the quest mobs aren't bugged and it works properly. Then when those in the team send in petition about it they are sitting there for 2 hours or more waiting for the fix (which only happens to 1 person so it's another 2 hours per person after the first.)

So my suggestion is this, either fix the quest issue to where the mobs function properly, or automatically jump the quest to completion when done with the 4th Segment of 'Hacking the Towers.'

2+ turrets are from 2+ people talking to Sean. As for the reflect shield, get your doc to cast EP on aune to remove it.

You've physically seen EP work on it? Its 200% reflect or something.

When this happens, every time I've seen it happen, every time I've heard someon else mention it happened, every damn time the solution is gumming it to death via reflect shields from the tank. Takes up to 40 minutes. You mean to say in the last year, noones even thought to try EP?

As for the multi turrets, that's a new bug to an extent. Related to 'instant nano casting'. Every occurance of the bug has to be fixed manually ,as the fix to the code made everything worse.

egadsrk2 couldn't have said it better about EP. When you've 3 Docs in team and they're spamming everything they can, and nothing works, that reflect shield takes a VERY long time.

the only problem with the informant is that the turrets are bugged. rest working just fine.
    Oltcit - 220/24/69 troxie enf -= Proud General of Deadly Whispers =- RK1
    Roflcopterz - 220/20/60 troxie nubstick wielder

Quote Originally Posted by Enimash View Post
    egadsrk2 couldn't have said it better about EP. When you've 3 Docs in team and they're spamming everything they can, and nothing works, that reflect shield takes a VERY long time.
    trader nr debuff and it will land easy, not that that excuses the bug

It doesn't matter how much reflects aune has, EP is based on how much ncu a nano uses. I don't have a doc so I can't personally test it, but I am pretty certain I have had some docs tell me it did work.

Simply put: I love the new content that FC is coming out with and all the new toys that we keep getting in-game. The stuff is GREAT. However I do feel that before new content is put to Live that things that require proper planning and teaming (like the Peacekeeper Constads quests), should be properly twink'd and debugged so that when the new content comes out, it doesn't cause other problems and more bugs. More bugs now would just set the Bug fixes for older things on a post-it that would get lost in the shuffle. I would rather see a lot of Bug Fixes and a little new content; than a lot of new content and a few bug fixes.

This bug happening to my team as we speak

for the record, EP does not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmonk86 View Post
    This bug happening to my team as we speak

for the record, EP does not work.
    sweet, I love it when they nerf playermade bugfixes before fixing the bug

Last time Aune had his reflect shield up forever, we just stopped debuffing him and he killed himself on the enforcer's shield. And it was quite fast (15 min max) with enforcer having 450ish shield damage and 70ish reflected damage per hit

And it's also a 200% reflect shield so a NT using doubles/triples should do damage (and so should everyone for 1 sec after the NT finished cast) if there is an engi (for -reflectAC aura), someone with neutrino flash (has a lowbie -reflectAC proc) or a soldier with hellfury/spinner (not sure which) gun (one of them has a -24 ReflectRadiationAC proc that lands quite a bit more than neutrino flash)
    Leamartini - 219 Doctor Too good for enlightenment ...
    Claraa - 150 Bureaucrat Twink wannabe
    Poleemploi - 161 Agent On the way to froob enlightenment !

(04:50) [Battlestation] Techbro: i tab +double
    (04:50) [Battlestation] Techbro: skillz
    (04:50) [Battlestation] Techbro: no time for t

Quote Originally Posted by Leamartini View Post
    Last time Aune had his reflect shield up forever, we just stopped debuffing him and he killed himself on the enforcer's shield. And it was quite fast (15 min max) with enforcer having 450ish shield damage and 70ish reflected damage per hit

And it's also a 200% reflect shield so a NT using doubles/triples should do damage (and so should everyone for 1 sec after the NT finished cast) if there is an engi (for -reflectAC aura), someone with neutrino flash (has a lowbie -reflectAC proc) or a soldier with hellfury/spinner (not sure which) gun (one of them has a -24 ReflectRadiationAC proc that lands quite a bit more than neutrino flash)
    It's a HER

btw that was very funny ^

Funcom employee

The thing is, after she tosses up her huge reflect shield you're not really supposed to attack her at all. It's a cinematic thing; You get her to low health, she becomes invincible, spouts some crap in vicinity, and then despawns and spawns the Omega Turret as your final boss for the questline.

Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

I've been talking with Genele lately about taking a look at the mechanics for The Informant part of the Constad questline and we've got some good ideas on how to get it a little more... stable. Hopefully after the Daily Missions/Collector update is out for Live, she and I can sit down and work on ensuring the questline does what it's supposed to do.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

This reflect shield thing can lead to potential RL problems as well. Last thursday I way overdid my bed time because of this and as a result fell asleep at work on friday.

Luckily no-one saw it
    Berim, Lacian, Greyd, Misterburns, Techro and Hockenberry

Quote Originally Posted by Berim View Post
    This reflect shield thing can lead to potential RL problems as well. Last thursday I way overdid my bed time because of this and as a result fell asleep at work on friday.

Luckily no-one saw it
    Engineer blinds ftw!
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post

Honestly, you should know by now that players always do things which game masters and programmers didn't expect.
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

after she tosses up her huge reflect shield you're not really supposed to attack her at all.
    but she tried to kill us :O
    Last edited by Biancha; Apr 27th, 2010 at 00:55:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Biancha View Post
    but she tried to kill us :O
    Teh mindset of enforcers:
    • if it moves, run to it and hit it
    • if it stands, still hit it
    • if it hits you, ignore it
    • if you get hit by a huge reflect shield that blasts away every body else around you, ignore it

The second Omega saved me the bother of doing it all over again the other day, seeing I died right before the first one was killed, got warped back and got the kill on the second

The thing is, after she tosses up her huge reflect shield you're not really supposed to attack her at all. It's a cinematic thing; You get her to low health, she becomes invincible, spouts some crap in vicinity, and then despawns and spawns the Omega Turret as your final boss for the questline.

I've been talking with Genele lately about taking a look at the mechanics for The Informant part of the Constad questline and we've got some good ideas on how to get it a little more... stable. Hopefully after the Daily Missions/Collector update is out for Live, she and I can sit down and work on ensuring the questline does what it's supposed to do.
    On this note, I've been tanking Aune for the last 30 minutes while she has this shield up (while I'm posting this, too).

Thanks, petition system.
    Thanks, broken quest.

It would be nice if this actually worked. A 5 minute going out to help some people who need informant has now turned into a couple of hour marathon of retardism.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast