Thread: Last idea thread.

Last idea thread.

So with all this nerf this, nerf that, and all the other flames, I figured I'll throw in my last 'good idea' thread into this forum re: how to look at giving pvp an interesting and unusual twist.

Since I've not had much time to play since last patch, I don't know if Engies are still having problems with pvp or not, or if the new doggie's solved the bulk of their problems. That said, there's a tool that I've not seen an engineer use in something akin to EVER that they have massive support for, thrown grenades. I think a few more varieties of thrown grenade, one engie specific, would be a nice start for tweaking pvp. More special ammo like Cluster Bullets, special arrows of various types (Ice of Albtraum's nice but it's the only endgame oriented BSA item out there...period!) and maybe more varieties added for use beyond just the few that already exist in game as it is.

Another would be having defensive checks that aren't the typical evades: I'd posted an idea ages ago about a pistol using pistol skill and checking against pistol skill as a defensive skill (i.e. Equilibrium) but you could use a pistol or other weapon that used ME vs CL to check for a non-typical attack (say, rooting, snaring, or wiping NCU), as opposed to ME vs dodge-rng.

The last idea was simply having pistols that 'used buckshot', a nice excuse for a lower evade check. It wouldn't be the AS pistol everyone wants to have, but I think more creative ways of creating new items would be a better bet than just slapping AS on every weapon out there (IBTK ftw)

I think more varied and creative options are going to be the answer to making tl7 pvp more interesting and fun while still allowing the whole 'skill' thing the old-timers keep beefing about to have a role to play.

As much as it looks like this should be in GS, the current discussion dominating 18.0 is how to make pvp balanced for pistol wielding folks, so I figured my ideas can get aired out, flamed, etc. here while the Xpf is still in the works.