Thread: Halloween 2008 - Old Friends Visit!

Halloween 2008 - Old Friends Visit!

This week while I was enjoying spamming the "Win" button in Old Athens with a few very, very lucky players (They kept winning..I kept flying..sigh) I ran into a player I had not seen for a long long time. It was fun to see them again...and I thought why not make it possible for EVERYONE this weekend.

So...

This Halloween weekend (NOW until November 2nd) all old AO players will be able to join us again for FREE. Any old account can just patch up, log in and begin playing.

It was great to see an old friend...I hope you all get to reconnect with some of our lost friends this weekend! I know there are more of you I wonder about and I would like to see again soon

Happy Halloween!

Colin "Means" Cragg
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Great great idea. Thank you Means.

In our org, we've always done our best to keep in touch with old friends and it's good to see many of them still read our forums. My point is: with some important additions to AO, they could come back, really. Of course, the new engine is one of those possible additions. (And I know I'm dreaming but an AO2 would bring back tons of old players.)

Only little problem for this weekend: it's a bit short to inform people and they might have other plans too. We could have used some delay.

Anyhow, once again, it's a great idea (to be used again when the new engine is up). Good job and I "mean" it!
    Chrisax
    MP 220, AL 30, Research 70, active, Born on Rimor
    In AO since 2001
    Founder and elected President of Athen Paladins
    www.athenpaladins.org
    Member of the Clerical Staff of the Council of Truth

Oh, thank you so, so much Means, this is fantastic! I can't wait to try to blackmail some of my friends into coming back!

I'm already in the process of blackmailing them. thanks means!
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Hopefully this didn't take the place of Friday With Means this week.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Love the AO pumpkin found on Fri-w/Means - I totally want one

(p.s. that's not an invitation to mail me yours once it starts getting all rotten and moldy )
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    --------------------------------------------------
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

I see Halloween is suppose to stay around till 11-2, i still see Uncle Pumpkin Heads and the Leets but i can't find any Griefing Pumpkin Heads, anyone else seeing them today? Are they gone now that Halloween is over? Please Confirm.
    Kamikaze "Kaitoujeanne" - 220/30/70 - Doctor
    .¸.•´☆ ¤º☆ ¸.•` ☆ ¤º☆.¸.•´☆ ¤º☆ ¸.•` ☆ ¤º☆.•`
    Ice "Shivaz" Crystal - Meta-Physicist
    .¸.•´☆ ¤º☆ ¸.•` ☆ ¤º☆.¸.•´☆ ¤º☆`.¸.•

Griefing Pumpkin Head is still around. Just now came across two killed by bridge on the Holes In the Wall / Stret West zone border.

LOL, invite everyone back for a free weekend but pull all the Halloween stuff out of the game halfway through. Sneaky.

I see they turned the Pumpkins, Leets and Black Fog back on, how long do we have till its all gone completely again? WTB Official Time.
    Kamikaze "Kaitoujeanne" - 220/30/70 - Doctor
    .¸.•´☆ ¤º☆ ¸.•` ☆ ¤º☆.¸.•´☆ ¤º☆ ¸.•` ☆ ¤º☆.•`
    Ice "Shivaz" Crystal - Meta-Physicist
    .¸.•´☆ ¤º☆ ¸.•` ☆ ¤º☆.¸.•´☆ ¤º☆`.¸.•

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitoujeanne View Post
    I see they turned the Pumpkins, Leets and Black Fog back on, how long do we have till its all gone completely again? WTB Official Time.
    Bump!

Inquiring minds want to know.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Thanks for this Means. I stopped by to say hi to everyone
    Spartanx9 220/25/70 -Inactive
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

Silirrion:I was a gimp

I stand alone on the road to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanx9 View Post
    Thanks for this Means. I stopped by to say hi to everyone
    Lets play Starcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubyzero View Post
    Lets play Starcraft.
    O.o you can't play me.. bish..

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun View Post
    O.o you can't play me.. bish..
    We can play, lets play.