Thread: Twitching fingers, bloodshot eyes (cont.)

Twitching fingers, bloodshot eyes (cont.)

((edit: WARNING Forum post is in character, and deals with some adult themes.))

...The snip feeling I felt as the stim broke the skin and injected its contects into my bloodstream (could it be called blood anymore?) was a relief. Back on the streets, back in the game, every...thing. Just makes me feel so alive.

My internal circuitry chirps and hums, but possibly thats only in my mind. Hell, my mind is just a single piece of ancient technology derived from some ancient race of hyperintellegent somethings. Frankly I couldn't care.

I run various odd jobs to support my stim habit. I have this tendency to not really give a damn about anything, really. I mean whats the point? I die, a new body is processed and relocated, my mind and internal memories are piped in, circuit to circuit, and I am back. I'm afraid I lost my soul a long time ago, despite what those wretched nanomages say, and I am afraid it can not be found again.

I guess that is the appeal of the mystical place... Shadowlands. Perhaps I can find what I am searching for there... well. Hah. I'm lying to myself again. The only thing I care about is when my next "fix" is coming.

I woke up on the streets of Borealis today, in an alleyway behind the armor shop. I was covered in sweat and bathed in my own vomit. No one seemed to care really. Why should they? If I die, like new again. Hell a compassionate person would just crank a bullet into my head and call themselves a savior. Sure, people look worriedly at my constant abuse of narcotics, the various chemicals I inject into my system; half of them are legal strangly. Whatever. I'm sidetracked.

I really ****ing hate when I get sidetracked.

The snip feeling I felt as the stim broke the skin and injected its contects into my bloodstream was a relief. It is the only way I can even wake up anymore. The RK sun was glaring down on me, my skin already felt baked. I stood, and stretched. Man I felt like hell. Like someone rammed molten metallic rods into my heart by going down through my throat. I drug myself to my apartment to freshen up, although if you asked me why, I couldn't tell you.

My commlink started beeping. S*** 6 new messaged. Aparently a few from last night, a few from this morning. Deleted. The sun from Jobe looks marvelous, almost reminding me of my first few days walking through the harbor, amazed at this new and, dare I say, magical world.

*pht-oo*

I should really stop spitting on my floor, even if it is because of my unwilling anger towards my innocent ignorance from the past. ....where is....where...there

*clk* *pssssshhhh*

Nguh. I really should get the injection point looked at. You would think that injecting things into my body that would make a geiger counter explode would kill any sort of infection that might arise. (Hell, kill anything for that matter) UUgghghh, here come the shakes. Wheres my guns. Today is going to be a good one.
    Last edited by Raavekx; Oct 22nd, 2008 at 09:27:43.
    "Violence is never the answer, but it might be the solution." --me
    "I would fight and die for my country, but not for my government." --me

Former General Of The league of Fabulous Ninjas on RK2
    NINJA POWER!!

Present member of NATO Corps, The Darkside

Sure some criticize my lifestyle. Not that it matters to me. Comes with the territory. I've fumbled through painstaking processes of learning my trade, coming down to where I am now.

People don't like me much. Omni-tek pride. HAH! Just because a couple of clanner contracts botched on me, doesn't immediately grant Omni-tek my undying love. It just means I picked a side that didn't screw me over. Whatever.

Lately, my nanobots have been kicking it into overdrive to quell the crap I inject into myself. It is like I have a constant battle raging between my brain and my body, both trying to be victorious. My brain loves the stims, my body hates them.

Sometimes weird analogies enter my head. Whats the difference between pumping myself full of tweakers and pumping my enemies full of lead? Sometimes I think they are the same thing. I've more than killed off any sort of moralistic views of taking a life. I thrive on it now. The artificial adrenals pumping artificial adrenalin into my artificial body, what kind of better high can that be?

Dying has become a thrill. Life is a constant downtime between the thrill of death. Will this time be it? Will I finally die? Or will it be an artificial death just like the rest of my life?

Death is a joke. I spit in its face each time I take a contract.

Lately the contracts seem like a blur. Go here, kill such and such. Go there. Poison the food supply. According to Omni-tek, it doesn't hurt any innocents. I call BS. Omni-tek KNOWs it kills innocents with that type of "deterrance" Am I bothered with doing it? No. Not really. I sold my morals to OT a long time ago. Some call me heartless. I call it practical.

The smiliarities between Omni-tek and the rebellious clan are astounding but noone seems to notice it. I call it propaganda. When Omni-tek bombs a clan ran mining facility, its called the fight for justice. When clanners do it, its called terrorism. In the end, isn't it the same thing? The RK notum outputs are sold to the highest bidder to make a profit. Death is for sale, innocents beware. Sellers be profitable. Buyers be manipulative. Innocents be fodder.

There I go questioning my own thoughts on matters that, really, in the end, don't matter. To do list: pick up more drugs. Use said drugs. Repeat.

NINJA POWER!!

I blanked out today.

My mind became invalid. My body became so overwhelmingly poisoned that I started having problems with my motor functions. I couldn't move a muscle. I had to will my on-board Circulatory System Regulators to actually function. The brief spurts where I lost the ability to do so shot pain to seemingly everywhere throughout my body as the rest of the functions shut down, granting me a slight moment of clarity to kickstart the process again.

While unable to move or think, I do recall minute passages of time where I could analyze, albeit briefly, my current situation. The last thing I remember was crossing through hostile territory in one of the wretchedly lovely cities that are spotted across Adonis. A city that isn't particularly fond of the likes of me. I was skirting the outside border, with attempts to move as quickly and as quietly as I could, when this massive alert signal shot nano-electronic signals to the pain regions of my brain's hardware. The impact of this signal buffer overflow was so massive that I didn't quite have the chance to override it. I vaguely remember doubling over and plunging from the side of the floating continent on a freefall descent towards RK.

There I was, laying down in a pitiful pile of misery. Who knows where. Various resident fauna, and probably some flora knowing this planet, are staring at this strange creature laying on the ground, in a puddle of drool and blood. I recall blacking out again.

I came too realizing that, while regaining the ability to move, I had an active alert on the endocratic systems that were, and I stress were, functioning properly. How long it has been invalid, I couldn't say, but I was definately feeling the slow descent into un-metabolic nothingness creep on my mental capacities. I felt cold; the night kicked in, no shelter from the elements, a light rain started. Active alerts started appearing on my onboard computerized internal readout displays. Apparently, what remained of my bodies natural tissue had begun to entrophy. I began to get excited.

My nervous systems, cardiovascular systems, hell, even my reproductive systems (which, now that I look back, it is kinda funny) all started digressing into a state of failure. For a time, I'm guessing an hour or so, the only thing keeping me alive, if you could call it that, was all of the hardware implanted into my system. Only a matter of time before those shut down too. Those systems only have a backup reserve amount of power before they cease to function without proper power being supplied to them by the natural energies created.

I felt listless. I was already a ghost. I was dead, and I knew I was dead, but I was still functioning, still living a virtual life. A thought crept over me, was this what death was like? You lay there, for all intents and purposes, dormant?

I wasn't a living woman dying. I was a dead woman living.

Finally, the systems dwindled and began to lose proper functionality. I've heard people speculate, do robots dream? For what it was worth, I wasn't a person anymore, but a living computer capable of sentient though. I thought this to myself, and added another train of thought. Do robots die? Of course, in all relative fashion, once a robot gets power, it lives again. Perhaps robots don't dream. Perhaps they die and are constantly resurrected. Perhaps they are ripped from their electronic ghostly realm and brought back to an artificial life, repeatable, til the end of existance. If that were to ever occur.

It's funny, all of these mega corps want notum for life sustainability. It has the functionality to capture the "soul" of a living being and transplant them into another body to carry on in its fashion. Remarkable substance. Are living beings any better than the crap I churned out in cadet school, the mini robots, the tiny sub-sentient creatures that would live and die on my command?

Then I died.

NINJA POWER!!

(( 0_o I hope there is more! ))
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Then I lived. Although, strangly a bit prematurely.

Something that the big corps don't tell you. You die, fighting for whatever cause you think you are, and bam. You get turned on, in a new body, a fresh start. Granted, takes a bit for your new mind and new body to function properly, but that type of sickness is to be expected.

What happens if you come back before you are ready to come back? What happenes if you are turned "on" before your body is ready for it.

It hurts like hell.

Reclaimation terminals arn't designed for comfort, nor are they designed with any sort of pain deterrance. They are designed for 1 solid purpose only. To rebuild you.

Sure, your guts are hanging out, 1/2 of your flesh isn't fully formed yet, sagging off of your cybernetic implants, but the first thing it builds is your nervous system. They have to, everything needs to function fliudly, and electronic impulses must occur. Typically you are effectively "turned off" for this process, but in my case, well...

Have you heard of the phrase "Termrezz Insanity"? back during the creation of these machines, for the most part they functioned as they should. But, and that is a strongly worded 'but', sometimes they didn't. Sometimes the process would be stopped short. Halted. The process would end. Shutdown protocalls call for the immediate emacipation of the subject, in full working order. which means turned on. The pod opens, and the patient is turned on.

You have never seen horror unless you've seen what appears to be a 1/2 finished man or woman wallowing around in their own liquidized skin, a bundle of nerves connecting to a very alive brain. A deformed pile of pain, with the appearance of something that was recently half digested and found unfit for cunsumption, heaved back into the living world. VERY much alive.

The units would be recalibrated, the occupantes would be quickly euthanised and the process would start again. But somehow, the memory of the occurance burned into their minds. After the machine functioned properly, the patients that were in the "redo" as most would call it, typically roamed the street and countrysides, half dazed, clearly insane.

I don't blame them. Now-a-days, the process has several safeguards, but it still happens sometimes, where the dead become alive without being fully formed yet.

It hurts.

The pod opened, and I remember tumbling out, tears streaming down my face. I layed there for a while, the cool of the sun calming the raging burning sensation i was currently feeling. I know full and well that I was fully formed and completely healthy, but the incredible agony I was feeling was more than likely a placebo effect.

I cursed and picked myself up, and I walked to my local drug-fixer.

NINJA POWER!!

I've always wondered, exactly, how do reclaim terminals work. Yes, they imprint your biological data into their storage devices, but then again, none of them seem to be linked together, they don't seem to share a centralized database of biological information between each other. If this were the case, you should be able to program one terminal to communicate with another, and, upon the even of an unfortunate death, be reconstructed at a different terminal. But it appears they are not linked what-so-ever.

This opens the possibility of all sorts of deviant activity, now doesn't it?

Theoretically, if a terminal were to be destroyed, wouldn't the very biological blueprint of someone stored within also be destroyed? Wouldn't this cause mass confusion, resulting in permanent death? Nothing to rebind you to the living coil, you cease to be.

But then...if that were the case...

This opens up various delightful implications. Why haven't I ever received an order to destroy a terminal in clan territory? You would think taking away the only thing that keeps them in the fight would monopolize Omni-tek's control of the Notum flow. The very reason Omni-tek is struggling to harvest the notum on Rubi-ka is due to the pain in the ass clan. Why haven't I ever been asked, or why haven't I ever heard of ANYONE asked, to take down the insurance reclaim terminals?

Economics. It is simple really.

Omni-tek wants the strife. They want the constant bloodshed, the constant quarreling, the constant war between the Omni-tek factions and the clan factions. Why? It's obvious, is it not? Drive up the intergalactic price of notum. More coffers in the pockets of the bureaucratic war-mongers. To the rest of the universe, this place is a hell hole, constantly filled with misery and death. Omni-tek is painting themselves to be the good guys in all of this. Of course, anticorp groups are popping up all the time painting the clans as saviors of Rubi-ka. All this is doing is ensuring the galactic price of Notum.

Genius really.

The active warzone, the quote "struggle" to obtain such a precious resource really is one big, contrived plot to jack up prices of a valuable commodity. The atrox miner collapse that started this global dispute? Fabricated. The whole thing. Something needed to spark to get the dissident fired up, locked and loaded, ready to take on the man.

Sickening really. Well, it would be if I cared.

Don't get me started on the Shadowlands factions. Redeemed/Unredeemed? Contracted out. Sure, they are mystical and somewhat magical beasts who have been fighting eachother for eternity, or whatever they are. But power is a universal idea. Of course they are going to pick sides, the almost have to. I don't know who picked first, I would assume the redeemed, they seem to be the goody goody of the two, and of course they will pick the least corrupted. Unredeemed seem to be out for themselves, so Omni-tek was the perfect choice.

Who knows. I'm bleeding from the eyes, and have a collapsed lung. The blood is spattered on my breath in slow intervals. For being the protectors of justice and might, those redeemed sure can pack a wallop. S'cuse me, I must depart... and I need to take my "medicine" now.

NINJA POWER!!

Sometimes, in the brief moments i have of self awareness, I wonder where it went wrong.

I started off like any other kid, nowadays anyways. Constant war surrounding me, death and decay increasing more and more with every blink of the eye.

Growing up was OK I guess. I knew of kids who had it worse. There was this kid i knew once who was heavily burnt in an assault in the area. Sad, its always near and around our area. Not an assault on our home. We had none.

Regardless.

The nights spend in the refugee camps were hell too. No respite at all, sometimes, it was worse in the camps than on the actual battlefield. People murdering eachother for scraps of clothing and food, children starving and dying, thousands by the day. Once, long long time ago, only areas were effected by war, now it was entire planets.

Undeveloped planets are a hotbed for corp warfare. First and foremost, you eliminate any lifeforms present on the surface that arn't vital for humanoid survival. A while back i called it ecological genocide. A planet losing its ability to live, basically. Humanoids had become a viral plague that was sweeping through the universe, destroying anything in its path. Only it wasn't just 1 viral plague. It was several. And these plagues liked to clash.

What was once a developing planet would become a battlefield. Corps out to take a piece of the pie for themselves, make the EXTREMELY RICH even wealthier. All at the expense of the rest of the lifeforms throughout the universe.

And it gets worse.

When a corp starts losing the battle for a planet, normally they do wants called a "Nullification of Command." What is this? Well, they to a complete stop of all communications, supply drops and reinforcements to a particular battalion on the surface battle. Since most of the ground troops have brought their families with them, this entails a mad dash to "last ones to the escape capsules wins" Internal warfare. Strife. Sometimes the corps will even bomb their own escape pods, thinking possibly the ground troops might have a chance of winning the battle, despite all odds. But only if they stay and fight, which they won't do on their own. This is called Operation: Deter and Determine. Rarely does it work, but in the act that it does, typically the ground troops are too famished and in dire need for supplies to fight the very corp that stranded them when they come back to check up on them. Through negotiations, the corp will slowly funnel supplies to the victors of the battle, and reclaim the territory through politics. Operation: Rescue and Liberate. What would you do? If you were the ground troops, fighting an unending war, and you suddenly found yourselves the victor by impossible odds, and the very corp that sent you there and deserted you came back, what would you do? Would you fight another unending and impossible war or turn a blind eye to the politics of the past? Sure, radicals will say they will fight to the end. You go ahead and do that, and let your children starve and die.

Unfortunately, I was on the losing end, and the impossible odds proved just that. The ground fighting that my father was a part of lost the war, the corp pulled out, and left us to die. The warring faction we were fighting against invaded. The only reason that I am still alive to this day was because of the media coverage of the strife. Bad press will always be bad press, and they didn't want to be known as child murders. But now they have hundreds of thousands of women and children to feed to keep the image. You can imagine that they would rather not have that cut into their profits.

They did the only thing economically feasible. Put us to work.

I was a child soldier for Omni-tek, the opposing faction that wiped out my family. Sure yeah, hatred builds, and you want to get back at them, but you go ahead and try to take over a company that controls entire galaxies, and who are also the ones feeding you.

I joined an early developmental cadet school, where I was trained how to live, as well as trained how to kill. Shortly after that, I was placed on the field.

Shocking you? Omni-tek could do that? Don't be shocked by any measure, it happens all the time.

I made my first kill at the galactic age of 9.

It is time for drugs.

NINJA POWER!!