Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 17.10.2 and third party maps

Quote Originally Posted by gergiskoo View Post
    You can come to the US any time. No purchase necessary.
    Home of some of the most restrictive and slowest broadband around

Quote Originally Posted by Rewo View Post
    That's funny because I know people from England and Australia that would kill to have the same internet access I currently have.
    Because Race Yalm

How does 1Megabits (theoretical) Down / 128 Kb Up with 3GB bandwidth a month sound for the low low price of $100USD. Welcome to South Africa.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Yeah there are lots of examples of places that are worse off. There are also examples of places within any given country that have it good and others that have it bad. There are lots of places in the US that have no broadband option. In terms of market penetration, availability, cost, and quality of service the US ranks around 15th in the world. Plenty of places are much better off. Granted, plenty are worse too.

So I exaggerated a little, but it was in response to a post essentially claiming that in the US the downloads are instant and the caps are non existent. While no country has that, there are lots that are closer to it on the list before the US makes an appearance.

Yeah there are lots of examples of places that are worse off. There are also examples of places within any given country that have it good and others that have it bad. There are lots of places in the US that have no broadband option. In terms of market penetration, availability, cost, and quality of service the US ranks around 15th in the world. Plenty of places are much better off. Granted, plenty are worse too.

So I exaggerated a little, but it was in response to a post essentially claiming that in the US the downloads are instant and the caps are non existent. While no country has that, there are lots that are closer to it on the list before the US makes an appearance.
    and those "rankings" often trivialize the data, and ignore other factors as well. then again, its always trendy to make the states' seem worse off than others.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    its always trendy to make the states' seem worse off than others.
    Uhhm, k.

My bad, I should never question such things. USA #1!

Better?

Help? What kind of text editor program?? I need to get this explained step by step please.
    Reborn and noob

I’m a bitch, I’m a lover, I’m a child, I’m a mother, I’m a sinner, I’m a saint

Notepad should work.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Ok now we got the program Then the step by step thing what am I supposed to open in notepad, and where should I put CoordsFile MapCoordinates.xml in??
    Reborn and noob

Quote Originally Posted by Mitamina View Post
    Ok now we got the program Then the step by step thing what am I supposed to open in notepad, and where should I put CoordsFile MapCoordinates.xml in??
    Um, if youre asking that, I recommend you WAIT, edit nothing and be patient before you break something

Adding the line now breaks the maps for the current, 17.10.1 clients.

What map are you trying to change?
    It might just be easier to wait until 17.10.2 goes live and an updated version of the map you use is available.

*edit: now having the map files handy...

Using Atlas of Rubika 1.3.1, the latest, as an example

Go to the folder containing your map, in this case it will be in your AO folder, under cd_image\textures\planetmap\AoRK

Double click the file you are using, this should open it in notepad or whatever the default editor for text files is

AoRK.txt for generic version
    AoRK-Atlantean.txt for the RK1 version
    AoRK-DNW.txt for the RK3 version
    AoRK-Rimor.txt for the RK2 version

Going with the RK2 version, the file starts with
    Code:
    Name "AoRK-Rimor v1.3.1"
    Type Rubika

File AoRK/AoRK.bin
    You need to change it so it says
    Code:
    Name "AoRK-Rimor v1.3.1"
    Type Rubika
    CoordsFile MapCoordinates.xml

File AoRK/AoRK.bin
    Then just save the file, and youre done.
    Last edited by Omutb; Oct 7th, 2008 at 15:30:25. Reason: added more instructions

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Well I have realised I was in a bit of a hurry to change things.. took me awhile to realize it was information needed for next patch...
    Reborn and noob

Quote Originally Posted by Mitamina View Post
    took me awhile to realize it was information needed for next patch...
    Careful, thats borderline smart

grrr I come back after weekend, browse forums and go ooh another patch, make the changes and start playing, only to crash when opening map

So when will this patch come out?
    Resident of Rimor
    Ranged TL7 Adventurer Jonalethian
    Pewpew TL7 Doctor Mirkka
    Nerfed TL7 Agent Steinberg
    Parked TL7 Traderskiller Jonaleth
    General of the clan Coven of Hunters

AoRK 2.0 is ready to be released then with new settings, still working on next release of AoSL. I wont release either till patch is live so i dont confuse people more than needed

Quote Originally Posted by onack View Post
    AoRK 2.0 is ready to be released then with new settings, still working on next release of AoSL. I wont release either till patch is live so i dont confuse people more than needed
    ur an AO hero

Good for FC to mention this now, in the main forums, so people are prepared. However, they should have put in big yellow letters that 'this is not for live yet, do not make the changes to your maps on live just yet'.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    However, they should have put in big yellow letters that 'this is not for live yet, do not make the changes to your maps on live just yet'.
    *smiles mischievously*

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    PS. Macrosun demands more drama.
    Perhaps working as intended?
    You have not wasted your day if you have laughed at least once and learned at least one new thing. ~Jokzer

The way I see it, the loot, the levels, all the binary is temporary and can be lost at any time. The only permanent thing in the game are the people and the memories you make with them. ~Silq

~ Homeostasis ~ Proud member of ARETE ~RX~. 2001-2014 - It's been a wonderful journey! *hugs* from Homeo and her army of alts!

Came back to my second string computer recently only to find the maps didn't work. Saw the third party fix, tried it, now my SL maps work but receive error messages when I try to open my RK map.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jonalethian View Post
    So when will this patch come out?
    Before halloween...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast