Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abid / Stormryda wins 1st in Sept 21 2v2 Deathmatch

Abid / Stormryda wins 1st in Sept 21 2v2 Deathmatch

Thanks to everyone that showed up, and congrats to Abid and Stormryda for winning 1st place. Here's the tourney results:

Teams

Stormryda / Abid
    Patk9 / Mowatx
    Halofire / Onise
    Nursejenny / Boarder
    Maxtek538 / frostx
    Stormmm
    Spaxz / Gatorojo
    Javaschick / Esmee
    Kruise / Wilf2001
    Dyha/ Mazine

1st place: Abid/ Stormryda
    2nd: Spaxz / Gatorojo
    3rd: Patk9 / Mowatx

Money to 1st: 49 Million creds.

TOURNEY INFO:

SERVER: RK1
    PLACE: Hope Bar in Mort. Whompah: NLC->NL Desert->Hope
    TIME: September 28, Saturday 7PM EST

600k credits entry fee for lvls 150 and below
    1 mil creds entry fee lvl 150+
    money added (23 million credits added in the last tourney)
    winner takes all

No level/profession restriction
    outside buffs are allowed (ask for buffs outside the bar)

Bring a partner; if you can't find one, come anyway, there's gonna be other ppl there that needs a partner

Titles: You won't lose PvP points in a team. However, PLEASE make sure you don't initiate a fight before you team up.

See you guys there
    Last edited by Halfdeck; Sep 23rd, 2002 at 17:26:36.

noooo.

i wont be there *cries* =( argh! ARRRGH!

GL to all of you and grats abid and storm.

was a great turn out this time, thanks nenous for that nice bot.. thingy script. hehe...

and thanks to halfdeck for putting on a great show .. hehe.

i got pwned by patk9 and mow. BUT I LANDED A NS on MOW. bwhaha. i can live on that for weeks.

hehe, cheers, gl to you all.

/// halo-fiiiiaaaa

secrets to winning get a trader on your team :P aww I should teamed with Stromm he look little alone there

Originally posted by Drsweetie1
    secrets to winning get a trader on your team :P aww I should teamed with Stromm he look little alone there
    gat was a trader to.. and a very good one ;P but.. gratz to the winners and actully gratz to all =) this is a good tourney
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Re: Abid / Stormryda wins 1st in Sept 21 2v2 Deathmatch

Originally posted by Halfdeck
    Titles: You won't lose PvP points in a team. However, PLEASE make sure you don't initiate a fight before you team up.
    Wrong. You gain/loose PvP points even when teamed. This
    has been confirmed by Cosmik a long time ago (when we had the
    first mass-clash PvP in Mort @ the bridges some 8-10 weeks ago).

He promised to get the rules for team PvP out in public ASAP, but
    needless to say, he's failed at that.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

hmm that doesn't sound right.. Every test I have done showed that you lose NO points to people teamed in pvp nor did people in teams gain points from kills in pvp. If someone were kill you solo and you were in team you would lose points. If someone were leave team at last min after aggro is locked they might possible gain points. Under no such cases have ever lost point to people teamed that killed me in pvp even after someone there same title lv would have killed me solo I would lose points.

No Halofire.. hmm i need somone to team whit =/
    w00p w00p!!

hmm that doesn't sound right.. Every test I have done showed that you lose NO points to people teamed in pvp nor did people in teams gain points from kills in pvp. If someone were kill you solo and you were in team you would lose points. If someone were leave team at last min after aggro is locked they might possible gain points. Under no such cases have ever lost point to people teamed that killed me in pvp even after someone there same title lv would have killed me solo I would lose points.
    The entire system is broken. I lost my freshman title quite a while back after being wasted by Rznr and Kiantarisa... a novice and an apprentice. Apparently you aren't supposed to lose points if they're more than 100 off from you but... I did.

Either way, we digress.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

Originally posted by Meurgen

The entire system is broken. I lost my freshman title quite a while back after being wasted by Rznr and Kiantarisa... a novice and an apprentice. Apparently you aren't supposed to lose points if they're more than 100 off from you but... I did.

Either way, we digress.
    when the hell was that? lol

Yeah I was fooling around with a no-titled being a high-Rookie (had a lot rookie kills already) and that person gained freshman after killing me.

100 max? Heh, no way.

Letah once lost apprentice in a team too, had to kill 1 apprent to get it back again.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Thanks Halo - the bot wasn't exactly working at start time though =[ I started coding it Saturday morning, and ended up having something nice about 20 minutes after it all started.

However! The bot should be functional for this next week.

It will include Calcutta Gambling - so even if you don't want to participate, or run the risk of losing your title, come on out and bet some $!

If you don't know what Calcutta Gambling is, I'll break it down for you. Basically, once the tournament bracket is formed, you can bid on a team. Then, the winning bids for each team are placed in a big fat pot. And if your team wins the tournament, you win the pot.

For example, say last week the high bid on every team was 2million credits with a 10000 bid on Stromm (lol). Whoever had the winning bid for the Abid/Stormryda team would have won 18,010,000 credits. (9 teams * 2 mil + 10k on Stromm).

And had Stromm actually won (ahaha), then whoever had the high bid on Stromm for 10k, woulda walked with the 18mil.

Hope that makes sense =P

Nenous
    of
    da
    Rebels

Aww poor guy He managed to get me tho
    Gatorojo - Proud member of Apocalypse

Power to the Atrox!

good tourny

Been to this tourny twice and loved it both times. PvP with creds on the line = a reason to pvp. Anyway I propose make a new rule of maybe 2 prof cant be on same team, facing 2 traders was rough enough, but 2 soldiers that could target you at 1st and both alpha......means 2v1 for the rest of fight , instant kills and instant 50% effectivness isnt very fun...or maybe even 2 fixers with GA IV..fun fun
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

Re: good tourny

Originally posted by Patk9
    Been to this tourny twice and loved it both times. PvP with creds on the line = a reason to pvp. Anyway I propose make a new rule of maybe 2 prof cant be on same team, facing 2 traders was rough enough, but 2 soldiers that could target you at 1st and both alpha......means 2v1 for the rest of fight , instant kills and instant 50% effectivness isnt very fun...or maybe even 2 fixers with GA IV..fun fun
    Yeah agreed. I'm going to enforce a prof restriction tomorrow and see how it pans out.

Btw, thanks to Halofire as always for helping me increase tournout, Docmax for helping me run the tourney, and Nenous for creating a great bot. I'm going to try running a Calcutta tomorrow and hopefully get the prize closer to 100 million.

Also, this is how a calcutta should work (think of calcutta as gambling/auctions). We run a calcutta right before the fixtures are announced. Starting bid is fixed at 500 k credits, and minimum increment in bid is 500k. The team being bid on has the option to buy themselves for 500k before anyone else places a bid. After the team is sold, the bidder pays whoever's collecting the money (usually its Docmax, tx doc ). If the bidder is not a part of that team, the team that was auctioned off has the option of buying half of themselves. They lose this right once the fixtures are out and tourney gets underway. If they win the tourney and they bought half of themselves then they'll get half of the calcutta money.

So, lets say Strommm and Gatorojo is up for bids. They buy themselves for 500k and after few other bids Halofire wins the auction with a 3 mil bid. Strommm and Gatorojo then buys half of themselves for 1.5 mil (Strommm/Gatorojo pays 1.5 mil to Halofire and Halofire lets me know Strommm/Gatorojo has half. Stromm/Gatorojo can /tell me to confirm). After the calcutta, lets say the tourney pot comes to 50 mil (entry fee plus money added), and calcutta comes to 60 mil. If Strommm/Gatorojo ends up 1st, then they win 50 mil and half of the caluctta money = 30 mil, total of 80 mil. Halofire would also win 30 mil. If they decided not to buy themselves in the calcutta, they'll still take home 50 mil, while Halofire wins 60 mil. If they'd placed the winning bid in the auction, then strommm/Gatorojo would walk home with 110 mil.

Half
    Last edited by Halfdeck; Sep 27th, 2002 at 21:06:24.

Oooo
    Oh my god its like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain

:P!

Originally posted by Halfdeck

So, lets say Strommm and Gatorojo is up for bids. They buy themselves for 500k and after few other bids Halofire wins the auction with a 3 mil bid. Strommm and Gatorojo then buys half of themselves for 1.5 mil (Strommm/Gatorojo pays 1.5 mil to Halofire and Halofire lets me know Strommm/Gatorojo has half. Stromm/Gatorojo can /tell me to confirm). After the calcutta, lets say the tourney pot comes to 50 mil (entry fee plus money added), and calcutta comes to 60 mil. If Strommm/Gatorojo ends up 1st, then they win 50 mil and half of the caluctta money = 30 mil, total of 80 mil. Halofire would also win 30 mil. If they decided not to buy themselves in the calcutta, they'll still take home 50 mil, while Halofire wins 60 mil. If they'd placed the winning bid in the auction, then strommm/Gatorojo would walk home with 110 mil.

Call me Atrox, but I'm confused!

Re: :P!

Originally posted by illphil

Call me Atrox, but I'm confused!

Atrox! ;P

Looks like Suport beam description ;p

Lol. Well I don't think I can explain it any better than that Its kinda like riding a bike, easy to do, hard to explain

Half

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast