Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shadowlands: What will Neutrals look like?

Post Shadowlands: What will Neutrals look like?

This is something I've been vaguely curious about.

We've heard that Clans will look angelic in SL, and that OT employees will take on a demonic appearance.

But what will the Neutrals appear to be?

Cz, can you reveal this snippet of info to us?
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

I have a sneaky su****ion (with all the black & white talk) that they're going to be lazy and not let neutrals enter the Shadowlands.

With black and white there will inevitably be zones of grey. Which is where the Neutrals come into the picture.

(Besides, I doubt FC will effectively block a part of their playerbase - those 5-10% who play Neutrals - from having any reason to buy the SL expansion pack.)
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

PFFF!!!

Originally posted by Kzak

(Besides, I doubt FC will effectively block a part of their playerbase - those 5-10% who play Neutrals - from having any reason to buy the SL expansion pack.)

pfffff!!!! I wouldn't put anything past funcom after this you have to buy the client and booster and you dont even get the free month added to your account business going on.

Anyway, whatup with us omni's looking demonic and the clanners looking angelic. Everyone knows the dirty clanners are evil and serving Omni-Tek is as close you can get to heaven.

Omni-Tek is your friend.
    Rk1- Sol Epsilon3

-Gameover Man
    -Summoned, I come. I take the place which has been Prepared for me. I am grey, I stand between the candle and the star. We are grey, we stand between the darknes, and the light.

Maybe I just missed it, but I never actually saw FC say that Omnis will Demonic and Clans will be Angelic.....just that your appearance is based on merits. All the talk about that Ive seen so far seems to have come from second hand sources like computer gaming sites and people on the forums that may have skewed the story(forum people would NEVER do that ^_-). What if the way your appearance is decided is based on what you do? Like how many NPC guards you killed or your PvP title. Anyway, its just a thought. All Omnis may be demons anyway ^_^.

Omni-Tek isn't -my- friend.

As for appearing angelic/demonic, IGN.com got that info from FunCom..

That article, at least, states that OT employees will be demonic in appearance, while Clanners will be angelic.

You find out tomorrow that your company does genetic experiments on human babies and uses the corpses to feed guard dogs at the CEO's house. You further find out they are sending money to hate related organizations.

Mind you, you had no idea about all of this when you were hired and it took two years before this was all revealed to you. But, eventually the truth about your company was made known to you. You are offered a fantastic bonus package to continue working.

You don't quit and continue to work for the company.

How would you expect to look?

Would you care?

Neutrals will be invisible, of course, just like now.

(only half-joking...)
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

/me lays a trail of cookies - chocolate-chip cookies - for Cz to follow, as he'd like the thread's main question to be answered..

It wouldn't suprise me if what really happens is that whatever faction you belong to appears as angels and all other factions appear as demons.

AS for IGN, I would not trust then getting it right. The reporter who was assigned probably didn't have much time to construct the story and no time to verify their details.

Wouldn't it be funny if this were a typical FunCom way to reduce lag? Reduce the available amount of different character models to, oh lets say, 2?

Just being kind of comical here. But, that has been FunCom's way of handling programming issues in the past.

'Hmmm .... so much lag in Tir and NL. We can't seem to cache the textures properly'

'Eureka!! We reduce the number of textures to two. Angel and Devil'

Hehe.

Can you see the marketing hype? 'Less lag in Shadowlands'

Originally posted by Kiryat-Dharin
    Neutrals will be invisible, of course, just like now.

(only half-joking...)
    I ended up invisible when I went into the fixer grid the other day. was cool for a sec, then annoying (have you ever tried getting round the fixer grid, to an exit on the 7 floor, when you cant see yourself? heheh not fun, Though I realise now I should probably just have gone into 1st person hehehe)

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

My best guess is that the neuters will look something like the common conception of a ghost today, with neither a devilish or heavenly aspect to them.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

I think neutrals (with one exception I won't name here) should look angelic, and both clan and omni demonic.

Originally posted by Intenseheat
    My best guess is that the neuters will look something like the common conception of a ghost today, with neither a devilish or heavenly aspect to them.
    Yes, Casper the Friendly Ghost!

It's already been stated that Neutrals will become a sort of white disk with concentric red rings painted on it. Sort of target shaped.

But no no- I think neutrals will look exactly the way they do now, but sort of transparent. A big finger to the neutrals, once again!
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

But which finger? Thumb or the middle finger?

Bump again. No FC staff wanting to answer this?

*lays out trail of new cookies, the old ones having gone stale*

Originally posted by Kzak
    Omni-Tek isn't -my- friend.

As for appearing angelic/demonic, IGN.com got that info from FunCom..

That article, at least, states that OT employees will be demonic in appearance, while Clanners will be angelic.
    and ign is obviously the leading source on AO knowledge*sarcasm off*. The guy writing the article obviously had no clue about anything in ao considering he reffered to wrangleable as 'wargleable'. If IGN could determine the difference between their own heads and toes i might listen to the article. They are even more incomptent than the gamespy people. (believe me, ive worked with both)
    President of Midnight Reveries

You're implying then that Funcom was essentially misquoted by IGN, and there will be no Good-vs-Evil contrast between Omni-Tek and Clans in ShadowLand?

It's not likely.

Even Gaute has confirmed this in his article:
    http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...rticles/3980L/

Its unfortunate, because within the article he uses several tricks such as throwing out a Dictionary definition, and making weak comparisons to OtherLand and Matrix to justify the introduction of mystical dogma into AO.
    The argument of the article is essentially that AO was always intended to be very ShadowLand-like, but gosh they didnt communicate that well in the beginning. hmmm... I'm not sure I buy that.

-Blix

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast