Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Letter from the Game Director – Passing on the torch

To echo what's already been said in this thread; Craig, you and your team did an amazing job at injecting some great new additions into this game. The social tab and instancing to name just two.

You'll be sorely missed by the player community. Especially considering the fact that you listened and responded to them. Hell, you WERE a player. And for achieving the impossible. Making the RK Uniques on random timers was, in terms of coding, a stroke of genius.

Means, you got a lot to live up to now But knowing that you talk to the players as well, I can see a prosperous Anarchy Online future for a while yet.

Well done to everyone in Funcom. Go and get yourself some well deserved beers.
    Lukew
    neutral Third Faction

May the farce be with you.

The Ultimate YouTube Song-Off Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    <Q> /afk (I'm a keeper now)

Quote Originally Posted by Lukew View Post
    Go and get yourself some well deserved beers.
    Hey, not BEFORE servers are up again....
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

I'd buy you a helluva night on the town for letting my Crat wear his Clown Suit without having to completely Gimp himself

Three Cheers for the additions you made to Anarchy. Even for the ones we didn't like

And Means...Oh man you've got some shoes to fill - but your opening post with !Ding just made me lol & gave me hope

Long Live Anarchy

tbh, i hope next guy do better job NOT making this like wow...
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    Sjef often posts very angry shade related threads where all the details just dont quite add up.

I'm tardy as usual. To avoid writing a long silly post, I say grats to both the new game directors. You can look at the last 7 years and see more burning hulks along the roadway of MMO and single player games that never even got to the shelves. Your efforts place you in a very elite group of people who have given us something unique, against all odds. Best wishes.

good luck and I wish you the best with your new project just dont forget where ya came from
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

There is a lot of grey beween usefull and useless.
    Mortiigs of SL UNITE! We WILL fling poo at you!

Guess i'm a bit late as well, but Sil just like everyone has said before u have been the best game director ao has had until now. You've bought back life and interrest in this game and throught all the whining and complaining of the people in time, you must know u were and are still loved.

Means, huge congratulations on taking over the wheel. I guess i got a big advantage in telling u this but u have started on the right foot. Managing to change the peoples opinion in 24 hours is a remarcable thing. The people that on sunday were screaming about the chat problem the next day were claiming how much they love u for the new patch. I am pretty sure that u will continue doing a great job. And to finish in your own words:

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    All Hail Macrosun!

AO is the bestest game ever imo such a comunity driven game as well as the most intensive when it comes to the world & everything possible in it. Twinking is the hardest & really needs time, knowledge, effort & above all items to get it done.

I really thank you for everything!!!

I have no fear that Means will do everything in his power to keep the game alive & STABLE with all the implementations that have happened & everything to come i look forward to logging on whenever i have the time.

P.S give us ql 300 CT's :-) *hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Grind42 View Post
    P.S give us ql 300 CT's :-) *hugs*
    So how about them SL tower zones while your at it?

So long Sil

...and please make AoC as good a game as AO is. In my view, bugs are not the main problem with AoC, but these issues:

AoC == WoW. It really is strikingly similar in many aspects. However, players that like WoW-style games will presumably stay in WoW. Differentiate.

AoC has no humor. Very few quirks and oddities. AO has tons - from Marvin the depressed android to leets saying "credz plz".

AoC is linear and far too easy. You quest, kill, level up and raid. Your capabilities are limited solely to level. There is no research. There are no secret quests or hidden areas. I loved the early AO where people met and speculated about how to do quests - the Aces spawn quest is a good example, it had people stumped for weeks AoC has no step-twinking like you can do in AO. I always found this to be an underestimated but really very strong feature in AO - step-twinking by imps/items/more imps/more items/outside buffs etc etc generates virtually endless possibilities for character building.

Good luck in your new job!

Smen
    Smen
    220 Clan Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by SmenGromit View Post
    AoC has no humor.
    By chance did you rescue Fabio's Princess?
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Quote Originally Posted by SmenGromit View Post
    AoC has no humor.
    ...or run any errands for the Chinese gold seller?

Quote Originally Posted by Jarapinal View Post
    So how about them SL tower zones while your at it?
    Only for shades and keepers tho.
    blah

Bah, can't leave game for vacation w/o game director' change

Well, it's sad that FC steals good game director from AO, tho... AoC GD is kinda... Good luck there.

And who will make monsters to eat us?
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

Retired Doc Professional
    i missed this as i was quite busy with RK4... but I come back and see sil gone?

well, gz on the new appointment means. im sure i'll harass you soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by kuznechik View Post
    And who will make monsters to eat us?
    i vote kintaii... he's my favorite.
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

For those that saw an earlier post in this thread from Means....

... the follow up...

... stickied for eternity
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Means, congratulations! I'm seriously stoked to see what you can pull off. If there has to be a successor to Sil, you definitely are him. You are one of the select GMs that make me laugh on a regular basis.

Thanks and good luck Sil in you future endevours.

Tali.

well imo there goes AOs best GD so far pretty high standard compared to the ones before him lets hope Means can carry on in the same line. gl in AoC Sil.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Edit: On a serious note, I look forward to many more posts like that, something that really bumped up AO in my estimation - Tabula Rasa has a "Feedback Friday" where once a week the developers tell the players what they are doing, and it's really something I looked forward to when I was playing it.
    Whee, it worked!

Today, Friday feedback, tomorrow, Tigress/SoZ dualwieldable!11 *evil cackle*
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast