Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Letter from the Game Director – Passing on the torch

What about AO's new GD?

Anyway, you did a great job on AO and I envy AoC players. Good luck.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    What about AO's new GD?
    I think it's Means...

It's not really clearly stated, but more hinted at in Sil's post.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Thanks for the great work you have done for AO. When you came onboard, AO really turned around from the impending abyss and into becoming a small new rising star.

/bow and /wave

Gratz to Means for the new and final ding of an AOer
    SC of Kvestakolal - Join us if you can spell it correctly
    * Mechanuf - 220 Multi-Purpose Combat Engineer
    * Hormonuf - 220 Healmonkey
    * Hackuf - 217 Phix
    * ... loads of other *ufs and *nufs

Quote Originally Posted by Zeephonz View Post
    Can I have your stuff? ...
    That made me laugh.

OT: Even if we couldnt always agree on stuff, its still a loss for AO.
    Good luck on AoC Sil and don't forget to have fun!

A big grats to Means! Now where should I send the cookies?
    Stars "Wormx" Monkey 220/30/70 3rd opi fix on RK1, 7th on all dimensions to hit AI30 Thanks for all the raids : )
    DanceMeTo "Summerglow" TheEndOfLove 220/27/67 Opi Fixer. Yes, I like fixers.
    LifeIs "Winterglow" NoCabaret 150/14/42 Opi Fixer. Waiting for more hits with the nerfbat.
    Doctor "Wormx6" Panda 220/20/55 Atrox doctor, dinged 220 off Thrak key quest : )
    Mr "Ceilingcat" Monkey 220/23/52 Soli MP, hiding in the ceiling, watching...
    Too many other alts to list here...

Sad to see the Best game director AO has had to go

*AO has been hit by giant nerfbat of AoC*

Good bye

Lets hope we are still alive when Means is done with us

p.s
    Quote Originally Posted by wormx View Post

A big grats to Means! Now where should I send the cookies?
    to Harios

Thank you Sil, and best of luck on AoC!
    --<:>--

Sad and Happy all at once.

This is a sad day for AO, for it is loosing the best leader it has ever had, and a person that truely cares about his players and the game. Meeting and talking with Craig at Dragoncon is always a highlight of the convention for me.

Oh what a day this is for AoC! Like a ray of sunshine over the battle field - We welcome you to these new lands, for I know you will do good work here.

Gratz on the new possition Craig, I guess nice things do happen to nice guys

Bye hope you do with AoC what you have done in AO. A great game to ...play.

Don`t forget to write.
    Last edited by ZaScooby; Sep 17th, 2008 at 12:12:11.
    From my hands I could give you something that I made
    From my mouth I could sing you another brick that I laid
    From my body I could show you a place God knows
    You should know the space is holy
    Do you really want to go?

Sil was the best thing to happen to AO and it's quite a large pair of shoes to fill. But if anyone can do it, it's Means

Ok now where's my double AS tigress...
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    Leaving Rubi-Ka in this capacity is certainly not an easy thing to do, I owe the world created for Anarchy Online for my profession now, and the game will always have a very special place in my life. I have though also been involved in Age of Conan from its early development in one form or another and it’s also an exciting opportunity to challenge myself further.
    So what about Anarchy Online and Age of Conan being different projects?... All this time you have been telling us that only Customer Service was involved in both projects. And now you are just telling us that you were involved from the early stages of Age of Conan?! As Anarchy Online Game Director?... Feels a bit.. :/

Besides that.. you were a great game director Sil.. and your presence will be missed!
    The way how you adressed problems that were ancient and unsolvable in the past says enough about that. You seemed on "killing spree" with all these awesome patches hitting live every 1-2 months. Adding lots of new encounters.. the instancing and the engine will add another great deal to this game.

I know you ll be around sil and I want to thank you for all your dedication!

I am really looking forward to see Means in action!
    Some fresh wind has always brought great things to the game.

Have fun and good luck with AOC sil!
    Last edited by Harios; Sep 17th, 2008 at 13:20:47.
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

Quote Originally Posted by Harios View Post
    So what about Anarchy Online and Age of Conan being different projects?... All this time you have been telling us that only Customer Service was involved in both projects. And now you are just telling us that you were involved from the early stages of Age of Conan?! As Anarchy Online Game Director?... Feels a bit.. :/
    Just to clarify there, when I was the companies Community Manager back in 2005 that is when I was involved in all projects including Conan as community is one of those shared resources. Those that frequented the AOC forums back then know full well I was on both. That's what I was referring to, not my time as Game Director for AO
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

like a small goodbye gift you can tell us is CoH chest working? please
    Foodor 218 Opifex Fixer (retired)
    Maroda 220 Atrox MP (current main)
    Turjake 166 Nanomage NT (tl5 bs/tower)
    Turilas 150 Nanomage Crat (s10)
    Halinalle 160 Solitus Soldier (leveling)
    All toons are located in RK1

-- Ships are safe in harbour but that's not why ships are for

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    Just to clarify there, when I was the companies Community Manager back in 2005 that is when I was involved in all projects including Conan as community is one of those shared resources. Those that frequented the AOC forums back then know full well I was on both. That's what I was referring to, not my time as Game Director for AO
    Thanks for the clarification
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

Good luck among barbarians Silirrion! We'll surely miss you a lot. Thanks for all you have done.

Means, welcome and congratulations. You got a tough but exciting position. Be sure we'll do our best to spam you everyday on these forums. Good luck with all the new experiences you want to introduce in AO.
    Chrisax
    MP 220, AL 30, Research 70, active, Born on Rimor
    In AO since 2001
    Founder and elected President of Athen Paladins
    www.athenpaladins.org
    Member of the Clerical Staff of the Council of Truth

Quote Originally Posted by Foodor View Post
    like a small goodbye gift you can tell us is CoH chest working? please
    A more interesting question might be whether it can actually be opened. As a "yes, it is working" doesnt say anything whether it can be opened or not
    Funcom Content Designer

How to get started on TestLive
    How to write bug reports

A lot of small steps make one giant leap forward.
    "Patchnotes: Nerfed all characters named Metaing, they where too powerful."
    To bug or not to bug, that is the question
    Run like a man or Die like a woman

OOOOOooooooh.... don't you even....

Amonette 220 Soldier Nyrec 220 Agent Mekon 220 Crat Mekamara 220 Engineer
    ────────────────────────────────────────────
    Dark Front (Because the sun shines outta my....)

Quote Originally Posted by Metaing View Post
    A more interesting question might be whether it can actually be opened. As a "yes, it is working" doesnt say anything whether it can be opened or not
    Ev0l u....

Now people will have to test all sorts of mechanisms involving that chest... (If they haven't done so already)

Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Thank you Sil for everything, although i've played ao for only a couple of years you've done a fantastic work with your team. good luck with AoC! Great to have Means as the successor continuing the work.

This was interesting coffee reading for me this morning. Sil, I am sorry to see you leaving AO, but I know you'll still be present. You have done a fantastic job with your quick witted responses on the forums, and letting us know what's going on. You leave Means big shoes to fill.

Means, holy am I happy it's you taking over. Good luck in the run buddy, and let's keep this game rockin'!

Kamikaze "Danibunkins" Advy
    Title Level: 7 AI Level: 19 Adventurer
    Proud General of Sentinels on Atlantean

This Means Game Director.

Sad to see you go, Sil. You've done wonders. I envy the AoC player base and have told friends I have there to watch out as you are dynamic as compared to Game Directors who are seldom seen and rarely heard.

Grats on the new job, Means. I know you'll be great at it.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast