Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is so laughable

Screw variety.

I want to be able to chose which playfield I want my missions in. For those who wants that random thing, there could be a option for it.

Because that is the point, isn't it? People should be able to chose where to go themselves.

You don't have to change the system at all. The old one can be left as it is. Just add a new function that allows us to chose.

Then those who want close missions can do so, and those who wants them far away can do so, and those who just love being chased by a vulture in Agaean can do so. Then all this complaining will stop, because there will be no reason to complain.

Having assignments that are randomly given out to the 'man on the street' is just stupid.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

k we getting of the subject a bit here.

We had a great idea back then, make a distance slider, that would be perfect

i suggest we start a petition thread for a distance slider, infact ill go do one right now hehe

Distance and difficulty

I think someone pointed this out before. Mission rewards need to depend on the difficulty as well as the distance. I got 2k for a mission at 30%. For the same distance, ,a mission at 0% (far left) gave me the same reward. This doesn't make sense.

Furthermore, some of the missions are ENORMOUS. The size of a mission should also be taken into account when assigning a reward as large missions take 4-5 times as long to complete.

Lastly, 2k reward for a mission at level 43 is ridiculous. My armor costs me 80k per piece to buy, weapons sell for 40k, and I have to upgrade every 5 levels or so. That's a hell of a lot of missions.

Personally I don't care if the missions are near or far

What I would like tho is all useful rewards, instead of clothes taking the place of pills and nano fingers. It would be even better if the rewards were class and faction filtered too. 2 out of 5 rewards are for your class 2 are for other classes or general tools such as movement predictors, hacker tools, belts non class specific but useful, and 1 was implants.

Camping mission terminals for 3+ hours not = to fun.

It's not our fault that we are complaining.

Funcom broke something that did NOT need fixing.

Previously we could get real variety in mission locations. We had far and near locations, it's entirely up to us to choose.

Then they broke it... (only gave far away places.. making life impossible for noobs).

So they fixed it... but now they only give nearby places. Making it damm hard for higher levels to try for far away places.....

I really think FUncom should just have used the old codes.

Why did they change in the 1st place? When the thing was NOT broken.

Originally posted by Kizzim
    You people simply amaze me. You are never satisified, you complain even about fixes and when they do something FOR YOU.

Funcom rewards difficulty. You get a mission 5 zones away, you make 50k, you get a mission 2 zones away, you get 20k? (these arnt exact amounts mind you ), the closer option is for those players who want to get rewards or tokens fast.

The slider idea is doable, id say do it just to shut some people up, but its not necissary. Goto the generator, put in your preferences and click the generate missions button, you might not get all different ones the first time, but if you do it 3-4 times, you can get probably between 5-6 locations!!!

If the mission generator would be redone, it wouldnt be because the bugs in the current setup, but rather to give more ****e into the generator:

Ideas: Thematic Missions, more involved plots. (IE: A company in the omni idea is illegially selling classified weapons, the mission area would be virtual like it is now and create itself upon entering the area. However there would be tiles specially created for this type of mission, maybe have some gun crates laying around, specific npcs like the president of the company, etc.)

MiniQuests: In the thematic missions have it so you have to perform certain tasks (IE: kill the executive director and get his card key to get into the last room which stores the proof you need to close the company down.)

Anyways, my brain hurts and i still need to do another 7 missions today to meet my quota

Talking

True, people really don't know what they want lol
    As for myself, I like both settings... Far away missions were great for my Fixer (vehicle+high runspeed+Grid Phreak) and pretty annoying for my beginner Trader (sllowwwww runspeed)... So, it was funnier with the first, and now is funnier with the second...
    But I like getting town missions again I much prefer the tech like settings to all these cave missions!
    Now, I remember someone from FC posting that they actually very much like the idea of the distance slider... So hopefully we might see it in some later patch

Mission since 12.8 were a game stopper for many players, depending on class / level. Very often, not only you would have no choice but spend 45min RT going to a mission, but you had 99% chance of it being in a nest of red mobs that would wipe you out.

Now this is fixed. Mission being 'too close' is

1) not true, at least for me. I get mission that are everything from very close to so far I know I don't even want to try to go there (would die, even if i had the time to spend XX min running etc.)

2) even if it was true, its is no game stopper. Anyway, I make as much money looting mobs in the missions as with the reward itself(and im always in 100%money vs 0%exp slider), and actually even more selling loot on the trade channel. Mission reward is only a fraction of my revenue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12