Thread: [RK2] Freelance: Omni-Pol Triumphant Over Smugglers

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

[RK2] Freelance: Omni-Pol Triumphant Over Smugglers

Omni-Pol Triumphant Over Smugglers
    September 13, 29482 - [Rimor]

IRRK Freelance - Omni-Pol Bureau of Investigation today declared they have won their battle with smugglers attempting to sell illegal equipment on the markets.

Following up from the ultimatum given in the speech by Captain "Gustavis" Caesar not long ago, the Bureau has shut down over 7 warehouses and manufacturing sites over the districts and has seized equipment which racks up over 10,000,000 credits. During the crackdown multiple officers could be seen executing random searches on persons and vehicles, which resulted in 3 transports being seized and 9 citizens being arrested for transporting and selling illegal weapons.

Thanks to an anonymous tip off the Bureau also managed to seize 6 crates full of defective stims which were being sold from an apartment in Rome. Which I am sure Omni-Med will appreciate.

A short statement was given from the Captain:
    “We at the Bureau would like to express our gratitude to the citizen that informed us of the location of the apartment selling the defective stims, and to all the citizens that co-operated with us during this operation.

I am glad to report that the operation was a complete success, and according to our intelligence there is currently no illegal equipment or defective medical equipment in the districts.

Thank you
    Omni-Tek Protects!”

As always I asked a member of the public what they thought of this, they had the following to say:

“I don’t understand why people say Omni-Pol can’t do anything. Just look at the Bureau go! I think I’m going to hug every officer I see! I really do think they did the right thing, and just look at how much they got off our streets. Congratulations to them on a successful operation. And thanks for cleaning up our streets!”

Another had the following to say:

“I love Omni-Pol, I mean the other day I was in Rome Red on my way to Omni-Ent and someone fell in the water. Immediately an officer in all his armour dove in and helped him out. They just seem to be always here for us.”

It would seem that the public are extremely happy with the success of the operation, me included, and with that it’s another victory for Omni-Tek against crime.

True Crime: Person falls into the river. Thank the creator that Omni-pol was there.. I mean.. who has time to learn how to swim these days?!? Tremble in fear, water.. for I am Omni-pol!

Of course I kid, but man... thats depressing.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

other possibilities: sewer waters in Omni-ent are infested with evil creatures.
    or perhaps the unfortunate person was a 3 year old who couldnt swim yet.
    The Red Brotherhood

What kind of parent allows a child to be within spitting distance of infested water?

Besides, if such was the case, it would an opportunity to sensationalize the situation even more. It wasn't.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    What kind of parent allows a child to be within spitting distance of infested water?

Besides, if such was the case, it would an opportunity to sensationalize the situation even more. It wasn't.
    A parent that couldn't afford to live anywhere else?

So that makes it alright?
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Never said it was right, just saying, not everyone has the luxury of picking where they live, its either kids living near sewers or kids living with no roof

You always desperatly keep your kids away from the water?
    oh...sorry..I forgot you haven't got water up there *snickers*

and I never said that the Child was near infested water, try to read more careful next time.
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    Never said it was right, just saying, not everyone has the luxury of picking where they live, its either kids living near sewers or kids living with no roof
    Depends on the theory in question. You can ALWAYS have the choice to move your vulnerabilities to a new location. If you are forbidden to move to X location due to whatever, then who's really to blame?
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Chaupin View Post
    You always desperatly keep your kids away from the water?
    oh...sorry..I forgot you haven't got water up there *snickers*

and I never said that the Child was near infested water, try to read more careful next time.
    Considering this is merely a hypothetical debate at the very most, this is pretty much my take on it.

You obviously cannot read a map then. There is water all over the place. And, in the event that you don't physically SEE water, does not mean it isn't under your feet. Not to be rude or anything, but...I don't assume they teach you kids desert survival in your Omni-pol programs do they?

Keeping your kids away from infested water saves lives. Plagues and other nastiness can exist in pollution right along side creatures. Considering the fact that myself and my family resided in Belial Forest for the past two years, pretty much makes me an expert on what's considered child safety near creature infested waters.

Our well was clean. Wanna count how many times my kid swam with beasties? >None<.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Sep 15th, 2008 at 16:16:22.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Depends on the theory in question. You can ALWAYS have the choice to move your vulnerabilities to a new location. If you are forbidden to move to X location due to whatever, then who's really to blame?
    This would be correct.

Omni-Tek Employees can request Transfer or if the Corporation is putting their family in harms way they can quit their jobs.

Clansmen can, if the situation is dire enough place their family before their ideologies and request amnesty from the Corporation with the condition that they are transported to another colony world or seek assistance from the Council of Truth.

Neutrals have a wide range of options, so I won't go into those at this time.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

other possibilities: sewer waters in Omni-ent are infested with evil creatures.
    or perhaps the unfortunate person was a 3 year old who couldnt swim yet.
    *sighs*
    Here Bub, Since you're atrox brain isn't able to to comprehend what I wrote ill explain what I meant.
    sewer waters in Omni-ent are infested with evil creatures.
    OR and not AND
    perhaps the unfortunate person was a 3 year old who couldnt swim yet.

That are two different possibilities.
    but its ok, bub, we know atrox have difficulties with understanding some things correctly.
    The Red Brotherhood

*sighs*
    Here Bub, Since you're atrox brain isn't able to to comprehend what I wrote ill explain what I meant.
    sewer waters in Omni-ent are infested with evil creatures.
    OR and not AND
    perhaps the unfortunate person was a 3 year old who couldnt swim yet.

That are two different possibilities.
    but its ok, bub, we know atrox have difficulties with understanding some things correctly.
    Don't get cute with me, chucklehead. I happen to know for a fact the waters in Omni-ent are not only filled with creatures, but busted up robots, and sewage. I had, at one point in time of my possession.. several water and sewage samples at my disposal. I took them personally, and had them reviewed by a neutral authority, who's name will remain out of this. Don't believe me yet? Try going down there yourself. While you're at it, check the other side of the river as well, and you will see the worst in the settlements there. Most of those people live in shanties and shacks and eat the mutant fish and grow stunted crops out of their polluted soil.

So, Doctor Bigbrain.. wanna try again? The only thing I don't have a true grasp of in this situation, is how brainiacs like you end up with jobs that require public trust. So answer the question... How intelligent is it to allow people.. much less children who cannot swim, near that sort of danger??
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Sep 16th, 2008 at 05:08:57.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Thats very simple, birdbrain, we don't.
    We let our children play at safe spots in Omni-ent. next time when you visit our lovely city take a peek to the green spot just next to the east entrances of Ent. I admit there is a small pond there which looks harmless but could be potential deadly to children who still wear diapers. To make sure no unfortunate accidents happen we therefor asked the local bartender to lookout over the pond. In case a child does enters the water he can call for help from one of the unicorn leaders or lieutenants who are standing just outside guarding the gates or if necessarily he can jump inside to rescue the child.
    The Red Brotherhood

Tom once found a skeleton lying in the slums of Omni-1 Entertainment just off the banks of one of the toxic rivers...

This is why we stick to the Trade District, it's much nicer.
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Thats very simple, birdbrain, we don't.
    Ding Ding Ding! Of course you don't, my dear Watson. Of course not.

So now that we dispense with the obvious, I wanna point out something to you:

A scholar, you are not. Considering the simplicity you mentioned, instead of yammering on like a fool for whatever reason - you shoulda just answered the question. Come correct, and avoid the unpleasantries. Even Pants had his eye on the ball, for that one. Take notes from him, and you just might live long enough to save one of yours. You can thank him later.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Sep 16th, 2008 at 22:25:09.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I gave a perfectly clear answer to your question, re read it, let it sink in and you know I'm right.
    The Red Brotherhood

I read it again. You only answered my question once, but only after stalling and reiterating something you mentioned previously, which.. by the way was what caused me to ask you in the first place. You were on a point of conjecture, and I questioned the morality of that conjecture.

At which point I find myself asking... why did I sanely begin a theoretical debate with someone who cannot even follow the play? Talking to you, pal, is like talking to a refrigerator that has a broken light source.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...