Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defensive boost for NTs.

Defensive boost for NTs.

Overall I can say NT's are strong offensively, even if they rely mostly on a single action ie no specs or regular hits.

So for a defensive boost suggestion for a prof I feel is unique and handicapped by that same aspect is:

Nano Crystal (Damage Fluctuator)

Attack time 5 sec
    Recharge time 2 sec

On use the target will have their damage type changed, after 6 seconds the damage type changes again, and repeats for maybe 5 damage types. Yes it is very similar to the perk effect Chaotic Modulation that is "un"used by agents but this nano affects your target. It would have a 1minute lock on it preventing you from spamming it and the attack and recharge times are short so ou can continue fighting the only way you can

I think a nano like this would be a major boost to NT's against regular hits, which is ridiculous for any prof to die from at tl7, and when soloing. You have no healing, your offense and defensive are locked together so increasing the effectiveness of your absorbs in this manner seems like a great, non OP addition.

Needs some work but somehow i liked it.
    since 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    FYI: Cola burns when it comes out your nose...I now know this because of you.

now if we could just cast absorbs while doing some dmg oO hehe
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Smile

would be nice

but doubt any would use it in pvp
    defences and Dmg all comes from casting
    thats another couple of sec u lose while in NBG or NS

still love the idea for pvm
    or what about just 6sec refreshing absobs ? would have same effect
    not that OP
    and a team version <3 so we actualy get put into a team xd

Wtb more defence
    useing NBG is a death trap (if u don't kill it verry fast ur pwnd, remove nano depletion !!! ^^)
    Styxian MP overlord of Rk2

DEVIL INSIDE

NT's should get some kind of 20 second 100% reflect nano that disables doubles and triples or something.
    I'm casting "Physical Dominance" on you as a kind of kinky thing
    ... also quite proud of being suspended from Lemmingnet.. for... not slacking?
    GOOD ONE.

Don't be lonely anymore.

o hell yeah!!

I could go for that idea instead, self refreshing absorbs ftw! 6-8 seconds seems about right seeing as how fast our fights usually are.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

As soon as mp's get double AS tigress.

and LOL at NT's having a crappy defense.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

is it just me, or do more NON NT's troll our forums than any other profession?! Oo

IMPEEZ AR FEIN!!! GOW AWAI!!!

<3
    T O O N Z:

It's not the fact that I hate NT's, it's the fact that the NT toolset is already somewhat overpowered and doesn't need any stronger. Want to make a suggestion, help a profession that is struggling abit. Like...hmmm...fixers?
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    It's not the fact that I hate NT's, it's the fact that the NT toolset is already somewhat overpowered and doesn't need any stronger. Want to make a suggestion, help a profession that is struggling abit. Like...hmmm...fixers?
    Fixers are fine, it's the people that play them that are broken
    T O O N Z:

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    Fixers are fine
    lmao
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koizumi View Post
    lmao
    fail...it's the second part that's funny
    T O O N Z:

Quote Originally Posted by K1nkstaah View Post
    NT's should get some kind of 20 second 100% reflect nano that disables doubles and triples or something.
    Sounds good. But the lock shouldn't last a whole 30 minutes.
    Forum rule #1 :
    If someone disagrees with you, he is obviously trolling, flamming, or a stupid n00b.

i like the idea, bump
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Auto refreshing absorbs would cause problems im sure, probly interfere with casting in some way. This is less something to use when you know you are going to kill someone and more something you use when you don't think you can take someone out just yet.

For instance some prof uses their absorb booster or cocoon, cast this on em to give you more time to survive it or make it easier to get some distance (runspeed debuff from low health sucks).

Also think pvp support, that MA becomes much less effective on someone when their crits are doing several damage types against absorbs.

Definately, absolutely, more pvm related though. And if you think NT's are strong defensively well sure, if you let them build that defense up Otherwise they have a very hard time being defensive and offensive at the same time like most profs.

Quote Originally Posted by gatester View Post
    ) Otherwise they have a very hard time being defensive and offensive at the same time like most profs.
    In fact, because of mechanics we cannot, we for the most part, only have access to one part of our toolset at a time. Its one of the things that we are pushing AO to look at. Using one part of a toolset doesn't mean you should be locked out of another.

And when your only source of both is nano, and there is a program that can shut us out of its use, the problem compounds itself.
    Last edited by Steveo; Feb 13th, 2009 at 11:28:21.
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2
    Contagion 220 Clan Doc RK2

Proud wielder of the Pitchfork of Satenia

Just make it 10 sec execution time (no caps) with 0,01 recharge.
    since 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    FYI: Cola burns when it comes out your nose...I now know this because of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskarin View Post
    Just make it 10 sec execution time (no caps) with 0,01 recharge.
    Or make it insta cast with 10sec recharge.
    Facebook

Well in pvp NTs have pretty good defence to survive a long as it takes to kill the opponent (unless it's a doc ^^), but sure could use a boost for pvm. Fighting a mob with massive hp that hits like a fly will still get an NT killed due to 0 healing and lockouts or drawbacks on ANY kind of defence we have. Self refreshing absorbs would be really nice, at least once every 20 seconds or so, won't be OP in pvp since capped hit rips through them. Then we wouldn't have to waste precious seconds under NS2 recasting absorb.
    Last edited by Calamite; Feb 13th, 2009 at 01:34:42.
    Techno "Calamite" Witch -- 220/22 soli crat
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    Electropanic -- 170/17 opi NT
    Insanenomore - 174/17 soli engi
    Darksmile -- 220/21 nano enf
    Drifting -- 150/8 nano MP
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    got more, but don't remember their names

Quote Originally Posted by Calamite View Post
    Well in pvp NTs have pretty good defence to survive a long as it takes to kill the opponent (unless it's a doc ^^), but sure could use a boost for pvm.
    Yes...but unless they start making pvm only nanos, any improvment in pvm will always affect pvp. Unfortunately, FC doesn't understand that and we get some of the OP nanos that are out there ^^ I'm all for giving NT's a little more defense pvm wise, but not if it affects pvp.
    Facebook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast