Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Marketplace: A Trader's Guide

Than your advice of getting as much HP as possible is correct!
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Very nice work, though there are a couple tidbits you might wanna consider adding in.

In nanoskills:

SI: not just important for calms, also paramount for our evade buffs and nanoresist debuffs, so if you want to cast our evade buffs (Quantum Uncertainty, Improved Quantum Uncertainty) or any of our SL nanoresist debuffs (-6650nr to a mob with our top NR debuffs is nothing to sneer at), you need to raise it.

MM: With the exception of unstoppable killer, most will agree it's pretty much worthless and not worth raising. That said, by the time you can obtain unstoppable killer, you can also probably cast it off pure trickle/symbiant buffs, no ip spent at all.

MC: Might be worth raising *just* enough so that at endgame you can cast Abolish Bismuth (as Polonium usually performs at a lower level despite being a higher QL nano thanks to the tiered debuff approach) with drains and possibly a drainproc or two, which will also give you more than enough to also cast the top rk ac drains on top of it for a little more kick. Additionally, a small amount is needed to cast grid nanos, though again at endgame most likely you will have this in trickle/symbiant buffs (excepting froobs who will probably have to raise it a little).

Nano Resist: A large number of mobs nuke, even in SL, and especially in AI. This is not a skill to lightly disregard. If you haven't found a large need for it, there's a good chance you're countering more nanos than you realize, you're incredibly lucky, or you're not hitting all the same mobs I have. ;D

Vehicle Air/Map Navi/Runspeed

I have to strongly voice some disagreement here regarding your suggestions.

Vehicle Air: Don't waste your ip by raising this at all, worst case you can implant this early on and be fine, or wait till you have it via trickle or symbiants (which also happens fairly early anyway)

Map Navi: Don't waste ip in this (and it is a waste), use mapnav implants to get in important upgrades/most maps. If you have SL you can also perk more mapnav, and at TL7 it's also entirely possible to upload every map without a single point of ip spent here (possibly earlier although I have not tested this). Even though FC now allows players to reset this skill, it also removes all maps/upgrades you have uploaded when you do so, meaning you'll have to take a non-ip approach anyway (or live with the wasted ip), so just save the ip and do what you can with gear.

Runspeed: I have mixed opinions about this, because (for me anyway) runspeed early on is one of my primary motivators for levelling (I HATE being a snail with a passion). While it shouldn't be a primary skill to raise, it is certainly a good choice for leftover IP after raising important skills, and it's nice to have maxed at endgame, particularly for pvp (though some pvm encounters also benefit from high runspeed, such as db1).
    Lusthorne - 220 Keeper | Isellthings - 220 Trader - PvP-Config
    Soupknotsie - 220 Doctor | Blabberus - 220 Crat
    and many more

Boost outdoor sk in Pen/Inf or adjust missions for mixed factions
    A different approach to GTH
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    If you felt that I was implying that you are an idiot, it's probably because you are in fact, an idiot.

So is barter armor just not popular anymore? I had someone check GMS and not even one piece to be found, much less a whole set. So I'm going to try the shopping channel, but how much are full sets worth? I'm thinking of getting a couple sets to get through at least level 100 ( My trader is level 12(?) right now, I believe ) and I don't want to get gouged.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    So is barter armor just not popular anymore? I had someone check GMS and not even one piece to be found, much less a whole set. So I'm going to try the shopping channel, but how much are full sets worth? I'm thinking of getting a couple sets to get through at least level 100 ( My trader is level 12(?) right now, I believe ) and I don't want to get gouged.
    The stats/modifiers on Barter armor are pretty awful. Even at QL 200 it's hardly worth using for a low level char. Of course, it's impossible to get ql 200 on a low level character so that just goes to show how bad the modifiers are.

I just don't think it's worth going through the trouble getting or making barter armor. If you buy it, you will probably end up paying a lot more for it than you would pay for similar quality Carbonum armor. Also, carbonum armor has respectable stats/modifiers. Relative to Barter at least.

So for leveling purposes I would steer clear of Barter armor and get carbonum instead (possibly some Myi armor if you can get your hands on that, it's pretty common and has good stats). The reason there's little/no Barter armor for sale atm is because it's just not worth the trouble.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    The stats/modifiers on Barter armor are pretty awful. Even at QL 200 it's hardly worth using for a low level char. Of course, it's impossible to get ql 200 on a low level character so that just goes to show how bad the modifiers are.

I just don't think it's worth going through the trouble getting or making barter armor. If you buy it, you will probably end up paying a lot more for it than you would pay for similar quality Carbonum armor. Also, carbonum armor has respectable stats/modifiers. Relative to Barter at least.

So for leveling purposes I would steer clear of Barter armor and get carbonum instead (possibly some Myi armor if you can get your hands on that, it's pretty common and has good stats). The reason there's little/no Barter armor for sale atm is because it's just not worth the trouble.
    Yeah, I guess the barter armor stats do suck compared to carb. But it definitely looks better.

Ah, well. Guess I'll stick to carb, I was just hoping for something easier to equip ability wise (psychic/intelligence compared to stam/agilty ).

Are any of the nano armors worth considering? I don't mind a slight trade-off of stats, I'm just sick of carb.:P
    Last edited by Phixalicious; Dec 23rd, 2009 at 01:19:00.

Yeah, I guess the barter armor stats do suck compared to carb. But it definitely looks better.

Ah, well. Guess I'll stick to carb, I was just hoping for something easier to equip ability wise (psychic/intelligence compared to stam/agilty ).

Are any of the nano armors worth considering? I don't mind a slight trade-off of stats, I'm just sick of carb.:P
    Miy's Nano armor looks the same as Barter armor, though it has a blueish color to it while barter is more dark brownish. It requires Int/psy to wear. Here's a list of Miy's Nano armor: http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=search&name=miy%27s+nano (The cloak that goes in back-slot is not ingame)

Basic nano armor and all the types of Miy's armor (like ranged, scary, tank and so on) has the same basic look at Barter armor except they all have different colors. You could wear any one of these set-types in social slot if you just wanted different visuals. (In case you didn't know, you have a social-window in your equiptment section where you can place armor. Whichever armor you place here will show up on your character visually. This does not affect your stats at all. You could wear carbonum in your normal equipment window for the stats and use anything you like in the social window just for the looks.)

If you however were tired of the stats/requirements that Carbonum has as well then I would suggest Miy's Nano armor or possibly Miy's Scary armor or such. (can be expensive at lower QL's. They drop off borgs and Medusas mostly)

There are other armor sets that give good stats and/or good visuals but they usually cost a lot more than carbonum. Some of these require that you have shadowlands expansion as well. Are you a "froob"?
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Dec 23rd, 2009 at 01:36:47.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Yes, I'm a froob. I know about the appearance slots, it's just that it seems carb has been the default armor for every toon I've ever made. lol I just figured I'd try something different for a change. I don't PvP but I do solo mostly, so I just need good PvM protection.

Yes, I'm a froob. I know about the appearance slots, it's just that it seems carb has been the default armor for every toon I've ever made. lol I just figured I'd try something different for a change. I don't PvP but I do solo mostly, so I just need good PvM protection.
    Hehe, I know your feeling about Carbonum. I have made so many carbonum armor sets for my leveling alts that if I see another sheet of carbonum, I'll scream.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Hehe, I know your feeling about Carbonum. I have made so many carbonum armor sets for my leveling alts that if I see another sheet of carbonum, I'll scream.
    I'll be sure to email you sheets of Carbonum every day!
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Haaaate!
    Veteran of Equilibrium

That's just pure evil.

(Improved/Penultimate) Ofab Trader Armor ( Lost Eden required ) [ Intelligence / Psychic ] [ QL 25 - 300 in increments of 25 ]
    A lot like the Tier armor, except the myriad modifiers on this set is well worth the effort to acquire a set of OFAB. Bought with VP from LE missions and Battlestations, upgraded using Type 468 Bios.
    actually trader ofab just makes me one sad panda, it's /fail all over...except for the 300 only pieces special helmet/back/shoulder of course. the rest is at best good for ability twinking. sadly enough, yet another profession that has no alternative really to at least a few pieces of ai armor for an end game equip imho. should add ejathos chest and mystical force shirt aka the ripp tight shirt, there is some shotty sleeve in inf, don't remember the name, and fisher king of course, starts shining tl5 and just never stops. just what comes to mind. stay away from tier armor folks - or at least don't annoy people begging to camp with you there....tier's just a no go where ofab ain't even worth the vp (exceptions as mentioned above)

cheers
    Last edited by Xootch; Dec 28th, 2009 at 02:27:21.

I swap ofab chest all the time.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

that supposed to make me a less sad panda?
    Last edited by Xootch; Dec 28th, 2009 at 12:08:57.

If you can't find a way to use it in PvP, yes.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

my trader is 126, wears a mystical shirt and that is borderline oversized for that level - as anyone would do. therefore unswapable. what's the point of this? you say ofab is fine cuz you swap chest? brilliant. i disagree, u swapping chest or not.

126 lol, I thought we were talking bout the big boys!
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

in my experience the amusement degree of hate tells doesn't scale with the character level sending them. i can tell you 150 twinks are pretty good whiners. but anyways.

we were talking about ofab armor. but you can of course cut it's usefulness down to the swapability of the chest piece on a tl7 trader. good job!
    Last edited by Xootch; Dec 31st, 2009 at 16:28:54.

That's one more useful OFAB piece than what advs have for example.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

agreed. advy ofab is really wost i've seen so far.
    Last edited by Xootch; Jan 2nd, 2010 at 00:51:45.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast