Thread: Questions about selling items to Trader Shop Terminals

Question Questions about selling items to Trader Shop Terminals

I have some questions about selling items to a trader shop terminals

How much more can an item be sold for in a trader shop terminal as compared to a Miir Shop Terminal?

When comparing paid accounts and froobs accounts besides the maximum allowed level is there anything else that would allow a paid account to sell an item for a larger while at the same level of a froob?

Does a trader shop terminal located in different cities pay the same price for items?

Does a players faction (Clan, Neutral, Omni) influence the price?

I direct your attention to this post:

item shop value formula

At low levels -- froob or otherwise, nothing really makes much of any difference, but if you're of the mind that every little bit matters, then after level 25, definitely sell stuff to trader store. You might make like 4 more credits on every item.

The more important factor as you level up will probably be your computer literacy skills -- but bear in mind that as a trader, you have that huge self comp-lit buff.

To answer your question: The Miir store has omni terminals. The difference between omni stores and the trader stores, holding computer literacy constant, is approximately 17% more value at the trader store, if I understand the formula correctly.
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lliers View Post
    To answer your question: The Miir store has omni terminals. The difference between omni stores and the trader stores, holding computer literacy constant, is approximately 17% more value at the trader store, if I understand the formula correctly.
    75%.

Even at low levels, it's a huge amount.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    75%.

Even at low levels, it's a huge amount.
    No, if omni/miir shops have a 1.5 multiplier and the trader shop has a 1.75 multiplier, the trader shop advantage is 0.25/1.5 ~= 16.6%.
    Hlep gnak!

Quote Originally Posted by Redbar View Post
    No, if omni/miir shops have a 1.5 multiplier and the trader shop has a 1.75 multiplier, the trader shop advantage is 0.25/1.5 ~= 16.6%.
    Ah, gotcha.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.