Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [TL5] Needs & Wants

Hey! Who cares about pets being stealed. They don't do damage anyway.

We need better pets and a slightly better blockers!

Maybe a lil self burst buff (lets say +70) to have on if there's no soldier around.
    :: Izolenta :: Kynopoc :: Dreamech :: Dreamchaser :: Batmobile ::

President of Molotoff Cocktail

Playing since 2002/06/26

Even if they provide some lulz damage, pets do hit from time to time, even evaders.

I'll say something now but let's try to keep it low so Developers don't think that pets at tl5 are ok. When I dueled Naj's engi with fixer, in a toe to toe duel (without kiting pets) one of the reason that I lost was due to pets.

The 200 slayer and 100 dog fully buffed/trimmed could hit me against 2.3k dodge+(700+450)aad ---> dof + deceptive stance. They were hitting for 150ish and 300ish respectively, but they did, every 10-20sec or so. And for a low hp fixer those hits do matters in a duel.
    Kumo to kumo no aida wo tsukinukete
    Dare mo mita koto no nai basho e
    Yume no naka de egaiteita basho e
    Arifureta SUPIIDO wo koete

Quote Originally Posted by Umed View Post
    Even if they provide some lulz damage, pets do hit from time to time, even evaders.

I'll say something now but let's try to keep it low so Developers don't think that pets at tl5 are ok. When I dueled Naj's engi with fixer, in a toe to toe duel (without kiting pets) one of the reason that I lost was due to pets.

The 200 slayer and 100 dog fully buffed/trimmed could hit me against 2.3k dodge+(700+450)aad ---> dof + deceptive stance. They were hitting for 150ish and 300ish respectively, but they did, every 10-20sec or so. And for a low hp fixer those hits do matters in a duel.

I allways though engi/mp/crat pets stand as a "wepon" not a "Helper" . Slayer is okeysh id say if your a BS type of pvp`er , but in tower wars or in duels that thing cant hit for jack **** , neither can my crat pet for that matter i actualy dont even cast it on BS anymore . Im usualy sitting at around 2200-2300 def with all 4 nr/dodge/duck/evade and i can asure yea that slayer thing doesnt hit me more then once every 20s or so .
    "Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure. "

Quote Originally Posted by Umed View Post

Thats a negative part of being low-hp fixer. Same like my soldier kills fixers with help of normal hits ~150-300 from some rifle with AS and AR from Ass.Rifle..

Maybe there should be 2 types of pets - melee ones with higher ar and damage, and ranged ones with lower ar.. (not lower than current ones for sure).

Playing since 2002/06/26

Quote Originally Posted by iolanda View Post
    To be perfectly honest with you i dont think its ingame , i dont know anyone that has the lowbie version i personaly have the improved ones on both my engis .
    I know Vekara (Verdei/Notkearotta alt) has the pet deroot/calm/snare nano, the lowbie one. So he probably knows where to get decharm also.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    I know Vekara (Verdei/Notkearotta alt) has the pet deroot/calm/snare nano, the lowbie one. So he probably knows where to get decharm also.

Oh oh i want a cookie! That one can be found in VP shop .
    "Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure. "

You know i used to heavily promote some improvements for lower pets, with the amount of crowd control present in TL5 Battlestations , and with lack of tools Engineer himself can avoid it (at TL7 we have at least some mediocre NR and very high free movements) .. i'm not really sure its a good approach.

Perhaps we should try to bite that from the other end , and ask for some bonus for NOT casting pets. Like 15% more reflect or whatever.

And let's face it its very unlikely they will make a change that can make SERIOUS difference, because of the PvM repercussions.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    You know i used to heavily promote some improvements for lower pets, with the amount of crowd control present in TL5 Battlestations , and with lack of tools Engineer himself can avoid it (at TL7 we have at least some mediocre NR and very high free movements) .. i'm not really sure its a good approach.

Perhaps we should try to bite that from the other end , and ask for some bonus for NOT casting pets. Like 15% more reflect or whatever.

And let's face it its very unlikely they will make a change that can make SERIOUS difference, because of the PvM repercussions.

Nea pets is the way to go . I have to say all 3 proffesions may it be crat engi or mp can perform at tl5/tl4/tl3 realy good when it comes to just the proffesion but the pets are a joke , all 3 of em can get decent Ar/evades/nr/nanos wich ever you pick to go for the most .

Quote Originally Posted by iolanda View Post
    Nea pets is the way to go . I have to say all 3 proffesions may it be crat engi or mp can perform at tl5/tl4/tl3 realy good when it comes to just the proffesion but the pets are a joke , all 3 of em can get decent Ar/evades/nr/nanos wich ever you pick to go for the most .
    Well, that's the problem ... while the Engi themselve and outfit for whatever build somewhat effectively, there is a huge disparity between pets in PVP and PVM. SO essentially, you give the pets some PVP love, it will likely make them over the top of PVM.

If you give pet love in PVP, it's focus should be PVP only effects, like immunity to charms or roots, but unfortunately, not AR or damage.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

The can simply adjust weapon template to do same damage with new AR.

or **BETTER** give us damn 201 slayer and 175 dog at 165.. they take effort to cast, they will perform well.

and btw.. only really twinked engie can do good damage in tl5-6 SL. please notice, engies don't have ANY PVM progress (i mean really ANY) in 100 -> 175.. and then 175 > 201... that really sucks.
    Last edited by Izolenta; May 27th, 2009 at 21:42:30.

Playing since 2002/06/26

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Well, that's the problem ... while the Engi themselve and outfit for whatever build somewhat effectively, there is a huge disparity between pets in PVP and PVM. SO essentially, you give the pets some PVP love, it will likely make them over the top of PVM.

If you give pet love in PVP, it's focus should be PVP only effects, like immunity to charms or roots, but unfortunately, not AR or damage.
    Master's Bidding, and a baby SoTOS? Engi slayerdroid isn't all that whopping in pvm around 165 anymore either so..
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants

Well, I see some ways around the PvM-OP and PvP-fix issue via pets.

One would be giving new pets with bigger AR but not that much bigger damage (not very likely, though)

Other one that just crossed my mind - AR buff at expense of damage. Also, mini-MB has been in my thoughts for some time already. It won't help much if pets keep missing though.

Third one - PvM damage at 165+ isn't all that "uber" that it'd be screwed if just straight AR and bigger doggy were given out. I mean, who the hell wants a TL5 engie in their PvM team, whenever those happen these days (even if damage can be considerable if set up right)? That's right, not many. But that's mostly because of uninformed people, blind aura performs well in TL5 PvM and so forth.

Still, big effortless PvM damage boost isn't something I'd like to see though. But pets need to work in PvP! I imagine SOTOS would be a step in the right direction, these days I'm not sure if it'd be nearly enough though. I'm used to buffing the snares on both pets, well, the snares do two things one of which is jack. It needs a look too, maybe in TL7 too, but I wouldn't know.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Just for info - 201 slayer making lower dmg then 200 one - it is already pvp pet, just let it use for tl5. + some 135 QL dog(175 one + 201 slayer can be OPed - need to be tested) and engy will be realy nice tl5 prof.
    Henaro 165 Gimp Doc

and some gimps not worthy to be mentioned

Well it seems to me like too much stuff to do, because they not only need to fix pet offense in some way, but also introduce more reliable ways to deroot them. 220 Engineer skilled at pet control, can so-so keep his pets unrooted , but at TL5 there is propably even more crowd control around. Only reason why it isn't much problem now, is because our pets blow. Once they would be improved, i'm betting they'd just be permanently rooted.

But yes, 201 Slayer would be perfect because it already is worse in PvM compared to RK Slayers. It would make an ideal PvP pet. But they already said unlocking wont happen, according to Uaint at least.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    But yes, 201 Slayer would be perfect because it already is worse in PvM compared to RK Slayers. It would make an ideal PvP pet. But they already said unlocking wont happen, according to Uaint at least.
    I said that?
    I dont remember.
    Or is it something that only happened in "nick world"?
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Could be Kuznechik, i don't remember to tell you the truth. IIRC Someone talked to Meta and he supposedly said no.

I HAVE spoken to meta about it long long time ago, and the possibility of dropping the 175 dog down by 25 lvls, the only thing i remember about the conversation was being told a new dog at 150 was more likely than dropping reqs on the 175.

although right now, I'd say pretty much anything is possible, this new balancing act FC is attempting does open up a whole lot of doors, though once again i would say its unlikely to include any pre tl7 love, sorry to all you twinks out there, but it does seem like the Dev crew realy are not intrested in twink related content right now.
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Right , that was it. I confused dog with slayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Uaintseenme View Post
    though once again i would say its unlikely to include any pre tl7 love, sorry to all you twinks out there, but it does seem like the Dev crew realy are not intrested in twink related content right now.
    Means personally stated somewhere in 18.1 forums they were adding a new TL5 raid-ish playfield in the shadowlands. I'd call that twink content.

If engineer could get something USEFUL (hint: better isoblockers/dog/mini-sotos) from that quest, or the raid, or whatever form it'll be implemented in finally, that would be great.

Things like Miniaturization from the scheol quests are really just a bad joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    Things like Miniaturization from the scheol quests are really just a bad joke.
    it wasnt just a bad joke, it was an insulting one.

I must have missed the news of a new tl5 (ish) PF, but my personal opinion on what id like to see as a reward (if any prof specific rewards are included) would be pets i think.
    Since i see the current tl5 pet range being where we realy do suffer. (lvl 100 dog and a slayer we have had since lvl 75 just doesnt cut it imo)

While new blockers would be nice, having spent the last year trying to get rid of blockers (we do all still agree that team 7x refreshing blockers are dumb right?) I dont think that would be the best use of a request and we do have a rather nice pistol for that title level, so new weapon doesnt strike me as being the most important issue either.

However, since i have little to no intrest in tl5 pvp myself, I'd like to hear opinions from those who do.

(and can someone dig me out a link to where this was mentioned? I assume it was in FWM, but there are a whole bunch of those and i dont feel like looking.)
    I was "party A"

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast