Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [TL5] Needs & Wants

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Sounds also like alot of sacrifice of other gear that gives essential stats a TL5 engi needs to survive if you want to do anything beyond hiding and ganking.
    I'm not sure what setups people are using but I sit around 1.9k+ self, without any real sacrifice to defense, you can go higher and sacrifice some add. def., but the only thing I'm sacrificing atm is more perks into Bio Cocoon, and those perks aren't being used for added AR right now anyway.

So, high AR is very doable without jeopardizing essential stats imo.

Can you alpha an agent in CH recharge with that? Interested.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Haven't dueled a lot yet, only some professions so far.

90% Yes.. unless the craphander lives up to its name and presents you a incredible AS of 451 points or something :s
    Snikibrat - 220/24 Doc
    Sniki - 220/23 Agent
    Snikita - 165/18 Soldier twink - retierd
    Snicks - 115/9 NT twink
    Tuxxia - 170/18 Engi twinki <3 <3
    Chyra - 169/18 Adv twinki
    Snikazoid - 76/6 Enf twinky - retierd

Quote Originally Posted by Snikiiiiii View Post
    90% Yes.. unless the craphander lives up to its name and presents you a incredible AS of 451 points or something :s
    I think mechanics work a bit different on RK2, where they're obsessed with fp doc at tl5 and really go all out that way, where on RK1 our fp of choice is Enf.

That means a decent agent in setup for fp doc can be alot harder to alpha then the average agent that use 90% of time fp enf on bs, and 10% doc for duels (and where a zap nano shut down his CH). Gimme time to end my engi and I'll check too
    Kumo to kumo no aida wo tsukinukete
    Dare mo mita koto no nai basho e
    Yume no naka de egaiteita basho e
    Arifureta SUPIIDO wo koete

Quote Originally Posted by Umed View Post
    I think mechanics work a bit different on RK2, where they're obsessed with fp doc at tl5 and really go all out that way, where on RK1 our fp of choice is Enf.

That means a decent agent in setup for fp doc can be alot harder to alpha then the average agent that use 90% of time fp enf on bs, and 10% doc for duels (and where a zap nano shut down his CH). Gimme time to end my engi and I'll check too
    The obvious is that those that FP Sol are going nowhere. I can alpha FP docs as well but it sort of depends on my luck too, and obviously on said Agent's skill. FP enfo vs. an engineer doesn't take very long, even though the alpha can be rather mean, cocoon works.

Maybe should make a new thread for TL5 pvp experiences etc, it seems.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Well, technically Agent in FP Doc should have considerably less evades and/or HP then FP Enf, and you propably can land Medalion on them too, so it should be easier, apart from the fact that you have to do it within 8 seconds.

Theoretically speaking at least.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Well, technically Agent in FP Doc should have considerably less evades and/or HP then FP Enf, and you propably can land Medalion on them too, so it should be easier, apart from the fact that you have to do it within 8 seconds.

Theoretically speaking at least.
    Gimpy RK2 enfo agents (have faced all of one ) haven't bothered with Rage at duel countdown - maybe they don't know what to expect, so landed Medallion on the one I've seen. HP is no issue if it doesn't get maxed out within 8 seconds, yes

The thing I find hard versus agents is doing enough initial alpha so they can't UBT me or slayer (remember Medallion lands so pets count) because they need to heal, yet conserving enough so I can work my magic in the CH recharge.

Pray tell me how FP enfos have better evades? I've no clue about agents in enfo mode, except that it's AR, NR, HP and run speed.
    Ranged roxxorz!

close this thread asap, i sucked horribly against naj in duel :/
    gz naj
    Last edited by rimorsimon; Jan 27th, 2009 at 18:47:23.
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Pray tell me how FP enfos have better evades? I've no clue about agents in enfo mode, except that it's AR, NR, HP and run speed.
    Well, for starters mongo+behe+cs give about 1.5k more HP then channeler+omni med. So there you have more HP.

Then your standard setup for FP Enf is either full evades or full AR, both include excessive amounts of combined sharpshooter and /or random items that give even more evades.

In doc you have to think about making up at least a little for this 1500 HP difference, and propably also about nanocost - both require sacrificing some evades.

So your average FP Doc will usually have a bit less HP (because you cant make up completely for this 1.5k diff) and lower evades. Its not a major difference but it exists.

bump
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Yes. Rolled myself an Opifex engineer a few months ago - before pistol fixes were even announced, mind you! - it's L135 now and grinding tokens before I level on - at least now my pets are still very good in RK mishes. Using pistols atm, and planning on an aMEP later (we don't have aMEP engis on RK2 now, if I'm not mistaken?). IF I can pull it off, I want to stay away from Craphander.

Went to some TL5 wars already to help out, pets seriously suck beyond belief even against gimps - I don't think a bigger AAO buff as I level, or even SoTOS, will fix it. The L100 dog.. well, it's a joke at L100 already. Let's not even talk about the uses of the dog at 165+, shall we?

So here's my "SORT OF WANT" list:

- Better pets! Now plx. Current ones are just a sorry excuse for "pets" in pvp, if you compare them to TL7 ones. MP gets Biazu, Crat can charm in pvm only though.
    - Better Isoblockers. 3 per minute just doesn't cut it. 3 per 30 seconds (or 6 per minute) would be a giant improvement.
    - Possibly a good Fling pistol (100% pistol + 25% ME like aMEP) with lowbish MR req to dualwield with aMEP so we don't have to play AS whore? I really am not looking forward to using Craphander.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

The obvious is that those that FP Sol are going nowhere. I can alpha FP docs as well but it sort of depends on my luck too, and obviously on said Agent's skill. FP enfo vs. an engineer doesn't take very long, even though the alpha can be rather mean, cocoon works.

Maybe should make a new thread for TL5 pvp experiences etc, it seems.
    This is very dependent on the setup. I had well over 2100 dodge with wit up and had very little trouble dispatching Makeshiz or Sniki's engi in that setup whenever we met 1v1. Wobegon is now full AR and has nothing like that kind of AAD anymore, so he takes a lot more damage and would have more problems with an Engi, but tbh at best it'd still be a crapshoot most likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Now please, go hide into empty can of tomato juice, mail yourself to Mexico, and dont forget to write on a package "i'm looking for a clue".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Seriously, did you think before posting, or did ... you just [smash] your face into the keyboard a few times then hit Submit?

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    This is very dependent on the setup. I had well over 2100 dodge with wit up and had very little trouble dispatching Makeshiz or Sniki's engi in that setup whenever we met 1v1. Wobegon is now full AR and has nothing like that kind of AAD anymore, so he takes a lot more damage and would have more problems with an Engi, but tbh at best it'd still be a crapshoot most likely.
    I bet your dodge is gonna work wonders against Ithaca And I didn't really understand if you were talking FP sol or FP enf.
    Ranged roxxorz!

Afaik you don't have aMEP engis on RK2, so you're probably generalizing that every engi on RK1 run around with an ithaca as main weapon

Makeshiz used full CC with an MBC and Sniki's engi is aMEP + craphander, so in that case the evade setup wobegon used did work for both, and we all know how much harm the allmighty craphander deal

As a side note, with 80% pistol perks, easy shot that basically always land, and if the engi in question is in a AAO-offensive oriented setup (sacrifing biocoon and aad in impls for more aao/pistol), 2.1k dodge (or even more) won't be enough to stop the alpha landing, and with improved pistol perks damage,it does hurt. A con is that everything that look at you will kill you, even gimps/greenies.
    Kumo to kumo no aida wo tsukinukete
    Dare mo mita koto no nai basho e
    Yume no naka de egaiteita basho e
    Arifureta SUPIIDO wo koete

Quote Originally Posted by Umed View Post
    Afaik you don't have aMEP engis on RK2, so you're probably generalizing that every engi on RK1 run around with an ithaca as main weapon

Makeshiz used full CC with an MBC and Sniki's engi is aMEP + craphander, so in that case the evade setup wobegon used did work for both, and we all know how much harm the allmighty craphander deal

As a side note, with 80% pistol perks, easy shot that basically always land, and if the engi in question is in a AAO-offensive oriented setup (sacrifing biocoon and aad in impls for more aao/pistol), 2.1k dodge (or even more) won't be enough to stop the alpha landing, and with improved pistol perks damage,it does hurt. A con is that everything that look at you will kill you, even gimps/greenies.
    Don't think we do have aMEP engies (for now), but they're not a strange concept and I did consider aMEP and even MBC too. The point was that dodge doesn't do crap against Ithace, which I personally use. I must wonder about MBC though - Wit won't mean a thing against that either, since it checks duck (one of the very reasons I was considering it).

Finally, I decided that the Ithy is going to be the best way, because the alpha damage potential exists, to an extent, in easy shot + aimshot. Of course, it was the easier path to take as well.

I did give some thought to a full out offensive setup as well, but giving up the decent survival an engi can have didn't go down well with me. Even the no cocoon-reflects-dmg shields and relying on blinds wasn't my cup of tea, really, even if it appeared intriguing at first. Someone told me later they'd tried that one out but I didn't get a clear grasp on the effectiviness. It feels as if you'd be food for anyone at range, and any professions with nukes.

My feelings about the pistol perks is that 80% check will help some, but there'll be a whole lot of professions that will still be unperkable for far too long. Also, I'm not very good in reading perk templates, so the damage a TL5 engie can reach with those remains unclear to me. It's a definite boost to aMEP users but I need to see if it's enough to warrant going to pistols for me.
    Ranged roxxorz!

so, for those RK2ers of you to understand the PWNage potential of the aMEP better, my offer on pvping on test still stands.

:edit:
    What really made my week was this announcement by Means of a TL5 SL PF. Gives me hope that there might yet be a useful lil doggy in the making for us, and possibly a new blocker nano that mayyyyybe even involves a small refreshing team blocker (4b/40s self, 2b/60s team)
    Last edited by sannz; May 24th, 2009 at 16:48:48.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by sannz View Post
    so, for those RK2ers of you to understand the PWNage potential of the aMEP better, my offer on pvping on test still stands.

:edit:
    What really made my week was this announcement by Means of a TL5 SL PF. Gives me hope that there might yet be a useful lil doggy in the making for us, and possibly a new blocker nano that mayyyyybe even involves a small refreshing team blocker (4b/40s self, 2b/60s team)

Make more tl5 engi twinks i love charming pets !

On a side note tho i do belive pistol is the way to go or a fully agressive setup , but thas just my point of view since i made a tl5 twink as a tool to take down towers and not on BS . On bs it would probebly suck but at tower wars you either kill or get zerged atleast on rk2 .
    "Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure. "

Quote Originally Posted by iolanda View Post
    Make more tl5 engi twinks i love charming pets !
    Where can i find Pet Steal Back by the way ?

I have seen the high level version on GMS at times but never the lowbie one. And of course, i have never found any of them.
    Forum rule #1 :
    If someone disagrees with you, he is obviously trolling, flamming, or a stupid n00b.

Quote Originally Posted by Molotoff View Post
    Where can i find Pet Steal Back by the way ?

I have seen the high level version on GMS at times but never the lowbie one. And of course, i have never found any of them.

To be perfectly honest with you i dont think its ingame , i dont know anyone that has the lowbie version i personaly have the improved ones on both my engis .
    "Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure. "

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast