Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Alien Tower Field

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    WTB Active SL Fields first.
    bump, as long orgs can't have more than 5 lands, as we still have a serious unbalance population and we don't really need "more" power on one side.

Bump
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

Bump
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

bump for FINALLY openning sl tower spots

bump for ailens joining the notum warfare
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Moldark View Post
    Having been to towers a total of twice i can say I'm not interested in them at all.....
    THIS idea however would totally get my support and would make me interested.
    I feel the same. Hardly ever attend towers, but this would definitely get my interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Disodoctor View Post
    How about if when the aliens attack a tower site there is a 100% drop rate on lead bots, that would make people more interested in having a tower site in their org (alert the org who's site it is that they are under attack, no one else).

Of course as it's a PvP zone, someone else could come along and KS, which means people will be keeping an eye on tower sites that are going "live" even if they are not planning on attacking it.
    I generally like the idea of having bots drop, but 100% is a bit excessive. Especially if it's off every mob. If it's gonna be every mob, and theres (by the sounds of it) gonna be anywhere from 5-500 aliens at a site, it should be like 5%. But if there's gonna be a lot of random adds with a few special "mini bosses" before the final general (like Hacker Uri's), then maybe those special mobs could have like a 30% drop rate or something. Lead bots are "easy" to farm, but not easy access. It's fine when cities and ships are being farmed non stop as in a populated game (which AO is not any more), but with so few people farming cities, s7 and s10, bots are hard to come by (I tend to get 1 bot every 15-25 ground raids) which means all bots (except enduring/spiritual) have skyrocketed in price.

Quote Originally Posted by Odov View Post
    Sounds like a pretty solid PvM view. But some people might like a PvP "raid" outside of Tara. Getting "leadbots elsewhere with relative ease" might make sense to some, but to me, farming leadbots solo with a 220 isn't easy it all, it's excruciatingly boring and a complete waste of my time and life. I'd love to see a fun alternative to farming them. From the sound of it, you probably think the opposite, too much drama and not enough watching TV while you /q /heal, which while I respect this view, I don't agree with it at all.
    I like the idea of another "PvP raid"; again, having a chance of bot drops will be beneficial to PvP and PvMers as over all it will bring down the absurd price of bots these days. Someone also suggested the mobs drop unique alien towers... I also like this idea. Or maybe all mobs can drop parts to build special alien towers, along the same lines as certain towers and ql's of towers that need to be TSd already.

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Will you be able to nuke the aliens from orbit? :P orb strike would make a swift end to this, I fear.
    Orbital strike may not be so beneficial if the aliens are wide spread all over the site... instead of just a large cluster in one spot, like a city raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgir View Post
    If the cooldown timer on Orbital Strikes/Air Strikes was longer than the interval between Alien Assault waves then OS/AS would need to be held in reserve as a last ditch defence if the Aliens were getting the upper hand.
    This could also be a good idea to stop the OS abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeBrown View Post
    Debump. Not very well thought out. You're asking the last only true PvP expansion to be made into PvM.
    It's not being made into PvM. If you want to get technical, tower's aren't actually "true PvP"; they already have an aspect of PvM. What do you do at a tower raid? You kill the opposite side, and if you are on the attacking side, you...? Destroy towers right? Which are classed as NPCs, which, if i'm not mistaken, is PvM... yes? Therefore this idea would not be changing the only "true pvp expansion" into pvm... IMO it makes even more sense for it to be this way, as OP suggested, aliens are here for notum... why not attack Notum mining sites? As many people have suggested, it'd bring potential chaos, mayhem and fun... after all, this is ANARCHY Online.

Quote Originally Posted by farbman View Post
    Bump for a gooood idea.

But only spawn the general when the CT is down so he/she? can plant the AI CT.
    If the aliens follow the same lvl-rules as normal pvp would make it even more fun.

So if a lvl15 tower field is attacked by aliens then it would still need players in the correct lvl-range to defend it. Just make sure that a lvl15 pvp-alien is hard enough to make a challenge to the best lowbietwinks out there.
    Gotta be careful here. If the Gen only pops when the CT is down, you may have a problem of a never ending invasion until 5% ends. Maybe general only pops if the aliens are able to clear a site that far, but then you'd need to base alien numbers and strength not only on the lvl on the site and the amount of players, but also the size of the site. X amount of aliens may be able to wipe out a tiny little 10 tower site, but a massive site they'd never make a dent on without more force. But if it's gonna be done that way, the final CT Gen definitely has to have some phat loot. 100% drops 2 Lead bots and a few new towers or something.

That's pretty much where I stand on this.

Super Bump!!
    Executing Nano Program: Summon Dev's to Thread.

Bump
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Speaking on half of the people that would have aliens attacking towers and such (Ark Events) Aliens do not and will not attack tower fields because it has been deemed that it would be:

Too frustrating for players to loose towers
    Too expensive for players to loose towers
    Not fun for players to have aliens attacking tower sites.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345