Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Add more OS/airstrikes

Add more OS/airstrikes

Yeah, we want paratroopers, napalm (huge AoE DoT?), ECM (casting interrupt?) etc cool stuff. Also the current OS isn't effective enough, let it have horrible side effects so people can't go to towers for hour or so and complain how OP is it because they can't dodge it. Also aliens could attack tower fields for a thrill. And DB.
    Taranide 220/30 fixer RK2 and now also RK1! Wait a second...
    Might have other characters too but I'm not so sure, always leave them camping something and there they are for few months.

Bump for Aliens randomly intercepting OS calls (from org HQ) and sending a ship of Generals instead of a blast from the Battlestations.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Bump for Aliens randomly intercepting OS calls (from org HQ) and sending a ship of Generals instead of a blast from the Battlestations.
    Great idea, but make AI cities OS'able too, then. That'd be a whole new way of AI farming!
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    [pvpnet]RL: Ok, guys, stop killing towers, leadbot farm time!
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

Lol, would be cool if a 50 ql 300 aliens gens/hackers + a bunch of randoms appeared in the middle of a tower fight, instead of os :P
    Like 1% chance or whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Ober View Post
    Lol, would be cool if a 50 ql 300 aliens gens/hackers + a bunch of randoms appeared in the middle of a tower fight, instead of os :P
    Like 1% chance or whatever
    That would seriously upset whoever called the strike, suddenly incoming fire hurts friend and foe alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgir View Post
    That would seriously upset whoever called the strike, suddenly incoming fire hurts friend and foe alike.
    OS dosent do that alredy? o_o

Would be interesting but make them despawn after 30 seconds or so and give them enough hp not to be killed within that time so people don’t sit in fields farming bots. or just plain change the type of gen you get so you don’t get bots from them.

More nukes and different variations of them would be cool but bump down the recharge time to ~ 30 mins or so.

Maybe something like an EMP witch stuns all meched units for ~ 2 mins and completely nerfs any infantry's nano in the area.

We already have air strike, that’s like napalm as it is. Perhaps something like random bombardment where the entire field gets hit in randomized spots (so it gives it a feal like your being hit by motors) Also maybe some sort of "Kill it all" nuke that destroys any thing and every thing on the field no matter where its at with an extremely long recharge ( 1-2 houres?) As far as paratroopers go I don’t think that would work being as fc would have to implement a device that senses the faction of the people who launched the strike. then a patrol of clan/omni/neut sided mobs ~ the lv of the ct start popping all over the field and agg any one not aliened with there faction, However I’m sure those Omnis-without-token board’s would be mad of omni ever used one of these ^^

Would be cool to see some more/different action on the tower field.
    Last edited by Vgman01; Jul 29th, 2008 at 07:12:42.

And to add some thrill, make OS to damage friendly towers also, not to destroy tho.
    Might have other characters too but I'm not so sure, always leave them camping something and there they are for few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Taranide View Post
    And to add some thrill, make OS to damage friendly towers also, not to destroy tho.
    Why not , let them destroy towers ,let's take griefing to a whole new level... 10 OS's on a cluster , now how fun would that be ? :>

Best thing would be if they made OS work outside of LCA's. And on all gas levels. But it should be an Omni only attack. And it should affect only clans. Also it should mass root everything in an area of 50m from the point where it was initiated , right before it goes of. In fact you could add this very effect to omni nm sb for example. Make it an aoe root + OS with a 50m range , that affects only clans , and that works anywhere in any gas level. Bump !
    Dear Omni, gather up and clean my ...base

President Spiritual Guru of Devil Inside
    Fourth
    Sadism
    Diyu
    Willnukeyou
    Goodfella
    Dawnbreaker

Soulhuntress

i like paratroopers just imagine combined with the raid inter phase

you start a raid team and all go to a warping platform somewhere(maybe a instanced zone in oa/omni ent) everyone stands on the platform and the rl then goes and places a beacon, someone hits a switch and bam a squad of 35 are ready to go at the site and pew pew people

this obviously could be very op so should have a 1hour lock per person

Yeah, good initial to "warps plz".

Kablam.

Quote Originally Posted by tweeeeeek View Post
    i like paratroopers just imagine combined with the raid inter phase

you start a raid team and all go to a warping platform somewhere(maybe a instanced zone in oa/omni ent) everyone stands on the platform and the rl then goes and places a beacon, someone hits a switch and bam a squad of 35 are ready to go at the site and pew pew people

this obviously could be very op so should have a 1hour lock per person
    Haha I did this with QW on my MP when I was doing pvp token mishes for my soldier... couldn't find the damn mob (and didn't want my soldier flagged ) so QW, tabtabtab "Aha!" Cancel QW and ASflingperk as I landed, happy days
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

They need to fix OS first, it's not been working on RK4 server for a while now
    President of Bug Busters, Omni Tek - Rimor. Interested in joining?

Quote Originally Posted by Disodoctor View Post
    Air strikes on RK4 are way OP enough!
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Air strikes on RK4 are way OP enough!
    Then explain to me why its been so long since someone last launched one? >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Disodoctor View Post
    recepe for RK4 OS
    /tell bush sir new oil found in x country/zone ... we dun have chemicals but there is a big whole in xxxx arse... maybe bin laden hidin in there .. hit OS

Quote Originally Posted by Taranide View Post
    .... and have a carbonrich Alex class that can repair the towers.

(This thread has potential danger, I don't think the developers have a sense of humour and they may just implement this stuff.)

And nuclear bombs that kill all people in all zones... Awesome totallyness cool like...
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

... burns up your city due to launch afterburners though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast