Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A quick Update

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    They changed the way you zone on test. As soon as you hit a zone boundary, you get the changing area message. If you use an org city whompah, you zone as soon as you clear the door and don't run into the back of it. And if you use the grid, you're in it before you character is done doing the use animation. You should transfer a toon to test and check it out.

Also, I heard they changed the way things load when you initially hit a new area.
    wooot

We dont know when patch 18 gonna get alive do we?
    Main Char:
    Tonberryff - 220/30/70 (The one and only Ton)
    Org: Horizon
    Faction: Omni
    I am a PvE -> Person VS EVERYTHING!

Other Freaks:
    Tonberrydmg - Shade - Survivor
    Tonberrry - Doctor - Saver
    Dontonberry - NT - Annoyer
    Tonberrysol - Soldier - Pretty boy

Quite awhile. If 17.10 isn't out for some time, gonna be couple months minimum.

Who knows when 17.10 will come out... few weeks or month+ itself? Then bugs, fixes, patches. Then ultimately some delays with 18.0 because they'll screw something up (it just happens, not ripping on FC... major gfx overhaul expect something bad to go) and it'll be a bit
    Ruffixx, 220/30/66 Omni Opifex Fixer
    Pugilius, 206/30/49 Omni Opifex MA
    Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
    Medor, 199/23/42 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Vindicius, 189/20/46 Omni Atrox Enforcer
    Evilrilius, 100/10 Omni Nano MP - Foremans Killing Machine

Proud General of Obsidian Order

Now this is something that I don't mind delaying the new gfx engine for (since for some reason the gfx engine is being delayed).

Raid interface? No way!

Fixing a major pain-in-da-arse part of the game? Please do.

Hmm.. Something just dawned on me.. My question is would this update/fix alter the way AoR causes some nanos like a doc's heals to be incapable of being cast while running.. Here's to hoping for this to be fixed in the same sweep..

Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    Now this is something that I don't mind delaying the new gfx engine for (since for some reason the gfx engine is being delayed).
    How do you figure that that's been delayed? You've never been given any date or patch for when it would be out. So you can't talk about any delay.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    How do you figure that that's been delayed? You've never been given any date or patch for when it would be out. So you can't talk about any delay.
    well FC can state that they need to delay stuff and they have in the past

Here's my theory, though only it's just a theory.

FC knows the new graphics engine is going to bring a lot of attention to their game whose original code, let's face it, is held together with the programming equivalent of spit and duct tape. When AO was originally launched, FC wasn't nearly as big as it is now, and they had a very ambitious project, so maybe bad coding can't be held against them too much as it was a product of the times.

Patch 17.10 will include:
    Raid interface
    Zoning that works splendidly
    HOPEFULLY a fix for the already casting error
    Whatever other little fixes they're throwing in there

Last patch, in addition to content, saw a bunch of NPCs that direct new players to things, and they all look and talk interestingly enough that someone would actually like to talk them.

If FC plays their cards right, they can use the new graphics engine as a sort of re-launch and bring in a lot of new blood. New casual players who came for the graphics aren't going to stay when they don't know where anything is, have trouble zoning, get weird nanocasting errors and have to rely on third party software for basic game functions like raiding.

So, the graphics engine could be nearly complete, or complete, and sitting on a shelf somewhere while they try and make the rest of the game what it should have been all along.
    Last edited by Berinda; Jul 31st, 2008 at 17:44:36.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Thanks Funcom I foresee many people returning to AO

Again thank you thank you thank you

-=Jobe Whompa A Place Called Home!=-
    "What would you do if you knew you could do anything? As an NT you shall not ph33r what is to come but what you can acomplish."

Creator Of The Anarchy-Online Gatherings.
    *2005*[Borealis]*2006*[ICC Platform]*2007*[Baboons] *2008*[LushFields Resort]

They changed the way you zone on test. As soon as you hit a zone boundary, you get the changing area message. If you use an org city whompah, you zone as soon as you clear the door and don't run into the back of it. And if you use the grid, you're in it before you character is done doing the use animation. You should transfer a toon to test and check it out.

Also, I heard they changed the way things load when you initially hit a new area.
    Especially nice while zoning into city shops and HQ <3
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

Here's my theory, though only it's just a theory.

FC knows the new graphics engine is going to bring a lot of attention to their game whose original code, let's face it, is held together with the programming equivalent of spit and duct tape. When AO was originally launched, FC wasn't nearly as big as it is now, and they had a very ambitious project, so maybe bad coding can't be held against them too much as it was a product of the times.

Patch 17.10 will include:
    Raid interface
    Zoning that works splendidly
    HOPEFULLY a fix for the already casting error
    Whatever other little fixes they're throwing in there

Last patch, in addition to content, saw a bunch of NPCs that direct new players to things, and they all look and talk interestingly enough that someone would actually like to talk them.

If FC plays their cards right, they can use the new graphics engine as a sort of re-launch and bring in a lot of new blood. New casual players who came for the graphics aren't going to stay when they don't know where anything is, have trouble zoning, get weird nanocasting errors and have to rely on third party software for basic game functions like raiding.

So, the graphics engine could be nearly complete, or complete, and sitting on a shelf somewhere while they try and make the rest of the game what it should have been all along.
    QFT

FC are not stupid(yes I am aware of their mistakes :P) There would be little point to just advertising shiny new gfx if the rest of the game breaking(for some) bugs are still here.

They seem to be 'cleaning house' ready for a relaunch...all the folk predicting the death of AO lately will be eating their words soon enough. This game is already beta tested for 7 years, may take a while to beat the bad rep they might have from times past but AoC will help with that too.

It will not just be returning vets(of whom there are quite a few already) it will be new blood.

I wonder if the current players are ready for it heheh...FC sure are getting ready...so had we.
    210/18 Solitus Ranged Advy RUSTINEL * GARRZ Soldier Solitus 166/21
    145/18 Solitus Engineer DROIDAGE * AVYLORAN Keeper Solitus 161/14
    97/10 Solitus Metaphysicist MEHFIS * ZHERE Nanotech Nanomage 85/9
    Operator SCARCITY Fixer Opifex 49/5 Only TL2 Fixer solo title 7, all servers
    The Smuggler's Tale
    New Beginnings

Advisor of Shattered Dreams and Lumen Orien

Co-founder of Lumen Orien

Logical deduction
    Marry me? <3
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Marry me? <3
    Dude go fix yer shop instead of raiding forums...
    Was trying to buy some nano and it talled me to STFU...
    No really >.<
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    Dude go fix yer shop instead of raiding forums...
    Was trying to buy some nano and it talled me to STFU...
    No really >.<
    Huh? My shop or org shop
    The Red Brotherhood

Sorry for going back on topic :P

Does this mean that keepers and doctors can team again now? ^^
    <Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

It is being delayed. Everyone knows this. No giant surprise either.

So, what's your point?

P.S. Mr. Ex-professional, I can talk about whatever I want. I pay $15 a month just as you do. If you don't like it, do like I do to all the fanboys and put me on forum /ignore.

There's no delay in the new graphics engine.

Omg its a shark!
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    There's no delay in the new graphics engine.

Omg its a shark!
    Yes there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    Yes there is.
    Only thing they've said is that it will be out "some time this year". Not that I don't want it yesterday as well but there it is...

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    Only thing they've said is that it will be out "some time this year". Not that I don't want it yesterday as well but there it is...
    Incorrect.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast