Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A quick Update

Quote Originally Posted by bungerman View Post
    yes nice job and I can see you are slowly but surely working your way towards pet pathing rewrite...right??
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaun View Post
    I am pretty sure that till the new engine is released you won't see much progress on that front because of how the old engine is handled.. I could look up the various DEV posts on the topic from before but safe to say they've explained it is as optimized as it can get using this existing code base.. unless something has magically changed recently
    whenever they "tweak" mob code, actions, pathing, or well.. anything mob/npc related, they risk breaking pets.

and yes.. it would be great to see them finally forking out all pet code from the mob code. that way, they could infact, spend the time again to properly fix the pets, and have the fixes persist for a much longer duration.

maybe then, they could better address agg issues with pets that didnt exist years ago.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

they have been revamping all kindsa old code as of late, how much different would pathing be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Dirty Underpants of Bungerman
    Runspeed: - 1989
    Sense: -314
    Intelligence: -50

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

Fix MA specials at the same time please.

My sig smiles ^^
    歯ブラシ.........
    Chaotic Order *AP*.....
    Durtycalm - 060|05|14 - Crat .| Doctor - 56|16|220 - Durtyheals....
    Gaara - 110|11|28 - Meta .| Keeper - 58|20|220 - Tsuyoi....
    Durtysnipe - 076|08|21 - Agent |. Fixer - 60|18|213 - Durtymeep......

Executing Nanoprogram: Quantum Pigs.

wth Sil, your scaring meh
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

Thank you, devs!

I still find it funny that fixing a bug like this could end up being literally game-breaking. But props to you guys for starting to figure it out.

The overall time to zone doesn't really seem any faster on test but now, when you hit a door or zone, you instantly stick to it like flypaper. No 'backup and hit it again' or 'slide back and forth on the door until it lets you in' type of stuff.

Props for the devs making some changes to the basic code!
    It's the type of stuff that people always lament on the forums

Thumbs up...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Good news indeed, lets hope it turns out to be a succesful fix.
    220 Crat, 216 MP, 174 Trader, 165 Shade

More love! Don't be so cheap people!
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Are we there yet??? :O
    Main Char:
    Tonberryff - 220/30/70 (The one and only Ton)
    Org: Horizon
    Faction: Omni
    I am a PvE -> Person VS EVERYTHING!

Other Freaks:
    Tonberrydmg - Shade - Survivor
    Tonberrry - Doctor - Saver
    Dontonberry - NT - Annoyer
    Tonberrysol - Soldier - Pretty boy

Wink

Shh! Don't rush it, Hey all you should come on over to test and enjoy!!! It's awsome and allot of cool updates

Thanks to Funcom Devs for fixing these awsome bugs!!

-=Jobe Whompa A Place Called Home!=-
    "What would you do if you knew you could do anything? As an NT you shall not ph33r what is to come but what you can acomplish."

Creator Of The Anarchy-Online Gatherings.
    *2005*[Borealis]*2006*[ICC Platform]*2007*[Baboons] *2008*[LushFields Resort]

I could not resist posting this good laugh here....

http://www.thenoobcomic.com/index.php?pos=315

Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post

That is about AoC

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post

Nice touch with the melting clocks, really makes it more than just a quick laugh.
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    The overall time to zone doesn't really seem any faster on test but now, when you hit a door or zone, you instantly stick to it like flypaper. No 'backup and hit it again' or 'slide back and forth on the door until it lets you in' type of stuff.
    I've actually noticed this a little bit on live, too. But a lot of sync-related issues seem to be resolving themselves lately (mobs are lootable almost immediately after they die and don't rubberband everywhere anymore), so that could be it.

Awesome, sounds like you're really kicking ass.

Now, please start working on the new pvp pistol for ranged adventurers.
    Thanks
    <3 <3 <3
    Spank "Gothvampyre" Machine - Level 220 Pistolero
    (First in AO to ding 220 on The Beast, LOL <3)
    Wannabe "Tehvamp" Loser222 - 220 Opisex Soldier
    Gothvampyre 1337 spanks you!
    <3 <3 <3

It's fantastic to hear that old and incredibly annoying bugs are getting addressed. As much as I am looking forward to seeing the raid interface, I'd willingly sacrifice a month of wait time on that for a fix (even partial) to the already executing nano program...

Fantastic job on the release process, and thanks for keeping us updated.

Quote Originally Posted by gergiskoo View Post
    I've actually noticed this a little bit on live, too. But a lot of sync-related issues seem to be resolving themselves lately (mobs are lootable almost immediately after they die and don't rubberband everywhere anymore), so that could be it.
    They changed the way you zone on test. As soon as you hit a zone boundary, you get the changing area message. If you use an org city whompah, you zone as soon as you clear the door and don't run into the back of it. And if you use the grid, you're in it before you character is done doing the use animation. You should transfer a toon to test and check it out.

Also, I heard they changed the way things load when you initially hit a new area.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast