Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 17.10 and tabbing.

17.10 and tabbing.

It is time to let us choose what we are tabbing. It was time in 14.2 as well, but now it really is time.

Why? Well, I can only relate to my experiences on RK2. RK2 has a fairly rigid structure of our multiple team activities, namely they are divided largely by faction, with Omni permitting Neutrals to join them, and Clans rejecting neutrals.

These are player enforced systems, that have nothing to do with anything you powers that be do.

Fine. Whatever. This thread is not about the past.

In the future, many of these arrangements will be dissolved. To a point. Since with instancing, (and this thread relates directly to APF for the time being) we're likely to have mixed faction raidforces who dont give a damn and never did give a damn about segregating the raid forces, just did so out of obedience. If they have a chance to raid with the opposing faction or no chance at all, what are they going to choose?

Right now, the game requires callers. People whos job is to pick targets, and everyone assists them. Partly because it ensures a single target will die promptly easing the burden on a tank who is probably tanking many things, and partly because tab is a whore. Calling is a highly tedious job, that players who arent calling have become sadly dependant on.

With so many mixtures of players joining, perhaps allowing us to choose how we tab is an option. Opposing factions Only / Mobs Only / Etc. Failing that, having tab within a raid interface acting like tab within a team (you don't tab your teammates) would also be a viable solution. And probably one already thought of long ago by those who maek teh coed.

The best example of tab sucking right now, is Sector 42. Where all factions are jumbled together according to the best mix of professions. Politics - wonderfully irrelevant here.

In the case of tabbing excluding your entire raid group, well, the problem solves itself making this thread largely pointless. If it doesnt, then this thread has its place.

Bump for this. Click targeting in large scale raids is full of fail.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Agreed, tabing rules need to be revisited, or at the very least raid members in other teams need to be put in your 'friendly' tabing.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Berael View Post
    Agreed, tabing rules need to be revisited, or at the very least raid members in other teams need to be put in your 'friendly' tabing.
    Did someone mention that it treats the whole raids as teammates for tabbing rules ? (I have no more relevant toons for testing)
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Is it really that hard to click a stationary mob the size of the oa vangaurd building o_o

Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Is it really that hard to click a stationary mob the size of the oa vangaurd building o_o
    Ever been in apf42?
    /CzA

Quote Originally Posted by randomletter View Post
    we are the people that deserve end game loot

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Bump for this. Click targeting in large scale raids is full of fail.
    Hahaha FEEL LIKE A NEUT FOR A DAY MTFK!

In all seriousness though, it's full of fail, please end it.
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    mouse lag is insane in this game, it gets worse with newer video cards. With allot of people in the zone, your FPS can be decent but your mouse pointer feels like your trying to move it through water.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by tojejedno View Post
    Ever been in apf42?
    APF = assist

Better tabbing ftw.

Old thread on the topic: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=513415

And naturally I like my post in that topic the best: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...2&postcount=51
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Yup, mouse lag is generally the cause of most of my deaths lately and the whole reason why I generally only use hotkeys and hotbars in direct combat and saving the mouse for when I have the luxury of practicing my mouse stroke. Bounding boxes didn't so much help as hinder targetting in this regard too, thankfully it's possible to disable it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    Did someone mention that it treats the whole raids as teammates for tabbing rules ? (I have no more relevant toons for testing)
    When we did raid interface testing on testlive tabbing included raid members.. it was really annoying to target anything. 5 people in front of you, 5 people behind you (just a random number), mouse lag.. hard to target anything. Most of the time I was just standing there tabbing through raid members or clicking bounding boxes (yes, we had no caller) and by the time I reached the correct target it was already dead
    <Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

How about using alt-F keys (alt-f1, etc.) to switch between teams within the raidgroup, and then using the regular F keys (f1, etc.) to cycle within that team? I'd say use shift, but that's already been reserved for pets. And maybe some of the other F keys can be assignable to specific players, NPCs, or mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by ragerayden View Post
    APF = assist
    Way to totally miss the point, assist implies a caller, and even THAT CALLER has to mouse target to avoid targeting THEIR OWN DAMN RAIDFORCE, which has already been stated to be a bad solution, as tabbing right now is screwed for these situations.

APF42 in particular is so inundated with mobs and requires such a large raidforce that it really becomes hell to target anything with the combination of factions and mouselag. We *know* that it's *possible* to click target, despite it being a pain in the arse. We *want* an improvement made to tabbing because when it works properly it is a much faster (and efficient) way to target, even for callers.

WTS clue, free beer with purchase.
    Lusthorne - 220 Keeper | Isellthings - 220 Trader - PvP-Config
    Soupknotsie - 220 Doctor | Blabberus - 220 Crat
    and many more

Boost outdoor sk in Pen/Inf or adjust missions for mixed factions
    A different approach to GTH
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    If you felt that I was implying that you are an idiot, it's probably because you are in fact, an idiot.

/signed

tabbing should not include raid force.
    MA-Glassgoat 220/30/70 - pvm-ish//pvp-ish
    Doc- Dimedoc - 220/30/60ish
    Agent-Ipressoudie 170/19/42 - equipment
    Fixer-Blehmeh 207/30/64ish
    MP-Dougmp 118/13/?? - Work in Progress
    Enf - Cashewsftw 76/8/?? - Work in Progess
    MA - Gravyma 60/6/14 - equipment
    Agent-Portly 30/3 - equipment
    General of Ring of Destruction

Unity's MA Skill Calculator

An option to not tab pets would be nice too.
    President of ShadowMercs

Tabbing should also not include pets of members of the raidforce. I know they haven't gotten the whole tabbing your own teamates pets things worked out but this would be a great time for them to sit down and bust out some code if it doesn't already exist that amends the pet to it's player owner or even flag it as player controlled, then check exclude that from the tab list. So that might be pretty difficult to do but I think the effort to implement this would greatly outwiegh the vocal frustrations from the players that FC would recieve.

I can already see a multifaction raid with a total count of 4 pet classes and the caller is of a different faction than them. Nightmare.
    They told me to shoot straight
    Don't pull the trigger squeeze
    That will ensure a kill
    A kill is what you want
    A kill is why we breed

10,000 voices 100 guns
    100 decibels turns to one
    One bullet one empty head

and once you are at it, give agents new nano to be untabbable!

you know we deserve that

Good idea,
    enough of tabbing half the raidforce at 42,
    enough of tabbing everyone but your opponent in duels,
    enough of tabbing mobs at tara,
    enough of tabbing through 50 alien cocoons in LE missions,
    enough of tabbing pets,
    the list goes on forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggysmallz View Post
    and once you are at it, give agents new nano to be untabbable!

you know we deserve that
    Yep, it should check for conceal vs perception
    Zenevan2 - 220/30/70 agent

Bump for tab option
    Main Char:
    Tonberryff - 220/30/70 (The one and only Ton)
    Org: Horizon
    Faction: Omni
    I am a PvE -> Person VS EVERYTHING!

Other Freaks:
    Tonberrydmg - Shade - Survivor
    Tonberrry - Doctor - Saver
    Dontonberry - NT - Annoyer
    Tonberrysol - Soldier - Pretty boy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast