Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please do something about GA

Please do something about GA

FC did you make GA twink armor on purpose? It seems very odd to me that my little 110 self goes to hunt claws, I arrive and see 5-10 level 160+ people pulling the entire camp in one shot. It is very hard for a fixer who is not a twink to get this armor. Please do something about this.

I guess I can't be too mad. I am only platying AO to kill tme until SWG comes out. I wonder how many people will leave for SWG.

There will always be items which are rare. Is my opinion grid is a Uber item. A fixer can still be a very effective fixer without this item. If this item wasn't uber rare i guarentee fixers would be most common prof. In the mean time why don't you settle for only being the second best prof?

Re: Please do something about GA

Originally posted by Reevja
    FC did you make GA twink armor on purpose? It seems very odd to me that my little 110 self goes to hunt claws, I arrive and see 5-10 level 160+ people pulling the entire camp in one shot. It is very hard for a fixer who is not a twink to get this armor. Please do something about this.

I guess I can't be too mad. I am only platying AO to kill tme until SWG comes out. I wonder how many people will leave for SWG.
    Reevja, to be honest the Claw camp is a terrible place to find it. While GA2 drops there, it spawn rate is terribly slow. Our guild has found 7 Grid Armors and all of them have been from team missions. It is by far the best place to find them.

Also, at your level GA3 would be much better to hunt for. GA2 loses its effectivness at about 80ish.

What is SWG? I hear a lot of hype about it.
    [color=sky blue]Neophyte Æxid[/color] | 200 Clan RK2 Trader
    Unit Commander of Immortal Ascension
    Server First: Ian Warr

Originally posted by veilside
    What is SWG? I hear a lot of hype about it.

SWG = Star Wars Galaxies = Star Wars MMORPG.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Re: Re: Please do something about GA

Originally posted by Lucid Flow

Reevja, to be honest the Claw camp is a terrible place to find it. While GA2 drops there, it spawn rate is terribly slow. Our guild has found 7 Grid Armors and all of them have been from team missions. It is by far the best place to find them.

Also, at your level GA3 would be much better to hunt for. GA2 loses its effectivness at about 80ish.
    um..GA MKI is a QL 60 nano, loses effectivness about level 90..you can solo mission in the 160 range with it.

MKII is a QL 90 nano, good to 120ish, you can solo 180ish, maybe higher.

So not sure where you're getting your numbers from.
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

I don't have any problem with it being a rare item. Thats not that part that irks me. My problem is that they have it so that a fixer that is the level needed to use a certain type of GA has a very low chance of gettng it vs a player with an Uber main who wants GA for his twink. They dont even use thier fixer to get the GA. thats my problem. DO I have to retire my fixer and PL a MA or something so that I can then get GA for my fixer to use?

I don't have any problem with it being a rare item. Thats not that part that irks me. My problem is that they have it so that a fixer that is the level needed to use a certain type of GA has a very low chance of gettng it vs a player with an Uber main who wants GA for his twink. They dont even use thier fixer to get the GA. thats my problem. DO I have to retire my fixer and PL a MA or something so that I can then get GA for my fixer to use?
    I already gave you an alrternative that has proven to have a better chance of getting Grid Armor then a Claw camp where high levels kill the entire spawn in 2 seconds.

You don't have to listen to me, but no matter what game you go in there will ALWAYS be this type of stuff going on.

Sillyness

Lucid I love you but you are crazy. First off I don't blame the guild for not grouping with me a lot, I know most are really high level and I am just too low. I am trying to catch you guys and then I can group a lot more.

Let me tell you how things go in the pickup groups

Group 1
    1. Form a team, sometimes fast sometimes really slow.
    2. 1 person never makes it to the mission
    3. 2 people leave in the middle of the mission
    4. Not enough people to go on Missions ends never see the boss never see his lewt.

Group 2
    1. Form a group
    2. Enough people hang out to make it to the boss
    3. Kill Boss he Drops GA.
    4 The person who gets boss lewt keeps it secret and steals the GA.

Group 3
    1. Form a group
    2. Get to Boss
    3. Kill Boss
    4. GA drops and they wont give it to the only Fixer in the group, instead they roll for it because everyone wants it. Fixer does not get the GA.

Example 3 has happened to me 2 times now. People just want it for thier twinks, they could give a **** about the Fixer in the group.

If I could get into guild groups with you guys that would rock. However I have to be about level 130 to do this and by then the only GA I am gonna want is 3 or 4.

FC has created this situation and they don't know about it or they just don't care. I don't know how to fix it but it does not seem fair to me that if I want to have the GA for my level I have to stop my fixer and play another class to about 160+ then just buy each level of GA to give to my fixer.

I am looking forward to SWG, would be cool if our entire guild started up over there. Will SWG suck? Probally, all theese MMOs suck. Why do I play? What else am I gonna do, leave my house and go outside!!! NEVER!!!

Yeah but its ashame I have to soo team missions to have any chance at getting the stuff

Yeah but its ashame I have to soo team missions to have any chance at getting the stuff
    Hey welcome to the club. I've solod missions for almost everything I have directly or indirectly.

Grid Armor isn't the End all for Fixers. Most high level Fixers who can't get GA opt for anything that suits them. You don't *need* grid armor to play the game.

For what it's worth, GA2 will suit you just fine in team PvM until you hit 200. Vets don't hit GA2 very well.

GA3/4 are only needed for PvP or if you're going after things higher than Vets, which no one does anyways.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

um... ya, prolly. I have been using my Doc to hunt ql60 disc dropping plants for mt GA.

Click to email me

Originally posted by Kiryat-Dharin
    For what it's worth, GA2 will suit you just fine in team PvM until you hit 200. Vets don't hit GA2 very well.

GA3/4 are only needed for PvP or if you're going after things higher than Vets, which no one does anyways.

Well, in a very short time. you will almost HAVE to pvp in this game, with the tower control booster packs coming out soon. You come and mess with my tower, and im gonna come beat you down. plain and simple.

Click to email me

If GA was as common as a normal nano in the game then FC would be forced to nerf it because it would be hella overpowered. So be happy that its rare and if you find it you get to be uber.

Originally posted by Intrepid
    If GA was as common as a normal nano in the game then FC would be forced to nerf it because it would be hella overpowered. So be happy that its rare and if you find it you get to be uber.

I agree, if it was common, it would be nerfed... thats just it.. plain and simple

Why would it be nerfed? At least half the 170+ fixers have GA3/4 anyway.

Originally posted by Shubalubdub
    Why would it be nerfed? At least half the 170+ fixers have GA3/4 anyway.
    have you looked at past patches?

Trader heals...too good... everyone wanted a trader best healer
    *nerf*
    Freedom arms 3950 series easy to dual wield...everyone had them
    *nerf*
    Grid armor : can be summoned with buffs... *nerf* cant wear unless you meet the nano skills
    Bracers (deflection)
    *nerf* (good one, but still a nerf)
    MA crit buffs, too good and too easy to get
    *nerf*
    the whole agent class got nerfed...

the list goes on, anything easy to get and is "uber" by the public standard gets nerfed (for the most part). You know how many fixers there would be, if they all could get GA...and run around not getting a hit landed on them?

And just cause everyone 170+ has GA3 doesnt mean anything... they are 170... sheesh... its not like they got there in one night :P thats more of an accomplishment... those fixers worked hard to get it... and lets face it... there arent alot of 170+ fixers (well might be now, since the "love" patch). And yes, the abilty to wear grid armor was already nerfed once .. so .. it can happen again.
    Last edited by Hisaomaro; Sep 24th, 2002 at 03:09:12.

Haha, that "Beep Beep Little Satelite" is great

Sorry is off topic, but I loved it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast