Thread: Its about a time to introduce new PvP rules and more pvp zones.

Its about a time to introduce new PvP rules and more pvp zones.

Hello,

Under current rules a lvl 75+ can attack or be attacked by lvl 200.
    There is no way that even team of lvl 75 can kill sinlge lvl 200 character. As well as team of lvl 100 or team of lvl 130.

Major problem is people of low lvl cant enjoy pvp. They need to wait untill they get chance against high lvl players thats around lvl 160. Sure lvl 130 can participate in 2Ho battle but he/she will be easely killed. You basicaly make this people to wait till they are "strong" enough to compite with majority.

My suggestion is introduce new rules where players can only be attacked by people they can team with.
    This will insure that all players will have fun regardless their lvl.
    Att he same time you may bring back 25% gas supression to hunting zones. The only issue with hunting at pvp zones was inability to defend when some high lvl players decides to grief.

A team of lvl 150+ can easely hold against team of lvl 150+ it will be more fun and bring mroe content to the game.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

We will need a (good) reason to be hunting in those 25% zones first. One thing at a time

Bump for a fix to the PvP brackets.

Make it viable to hunt in 25% (if there was any left). Make only those you can team with PvPable.

Give level 75s a reason to go NEAR PvP areas. Make it so only those who could team with you can PvP you.

Get rid of the level 74 twinks. Make anyone you can team with PvPable.

Are there any downsides to doing this? I see only improvements.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

lol we actually tested this theory out.. a group of us arounds lvl 70-130 decided to attack this lvl 170 omni trader to see if we can kill him...needless to say we barely touched him..only got his life down to 3/4 before all of us died

The reason was suppose to be all the new boss mobs 200+. Funcom for some reason assumes all the crying about pvp done by lower level (ie: not 162+) players are the majority of the players who are trying to take down these 200+ boss mobs.

Many were anticipating a chance to duke it out in those zones. Now with the gas changes, we stare at each other's faces. And hope to outdamage each other. Fun. No, really. Fun.

*snicker*

Bump

Originally posted by reality
    We will need a (good) reason to be hunting in those 25% zones first. One thing at a time
    FunCom doesn't get it. They are following down the same path Verant did, only with a less lenient attitude towards twinking. Making it take really long to level, neglecting PvP and turning more PvP areas into care bear areas, giving us quests that all revolve around a particular type of mob on a timer...

Gah...You have 3 servers, 2 live and 1 test. We know you are capable of copying characters between servers. Verant/Sony charges money for that service. Being that you can't afford to do that (judging by the recent downsizing), and having played through 154 levels of your game, I think you should consider making some fundamental changes.

Your 2 live servers...both of them are almost identical with the exception being Rubi-Ka 1's population as it is quite a bit bigger than RK2's. Being that the ratio of people on RK1 to RK2 is almost equal to a recent poll showing the ratio of PvPers to non-PvPers, I would suggest a dimension-wide drop on the gas to 25% on Rubi-Ka 2.

Then, you offer the service (for free) of moving characters between servers for those who want to PvP under the current system and those who want all out war anywhere anytime for a period of 3 months. Once the period is over, go ahead and charge for it.

After that, patching priorities should be staggered: PvM (RK1) patch, PvP (RK2) patch, PvM (RK1) patch, PvP (RK2) patch.

All of those who are happy with the way the game is now would move over or stay on Rubi-Ka 1 and you would have to do better load balancing on that dimension. The "hangout" spots are really hard to zone into for players with bad connections / slow computers.

All of those who dislike the PvM direction which the game seems to be headed would jump over to Rubi-Ka 2. But after you drop the supression gas, you would have a long laundry list of things to do before PvP of that nature would be...shall we say...tolerable. I'll suggest the system I thought up that no one wanted to comment on here...
    .: Naraya :.

PvP system R1.0

The primary reason why PvP isn't worth the titles you're offering is simply because there is no real reason behind it other than that title. Titles players don't get anything with those titles..just the extra letters in their name.

The booster pack you are proposing will give certain players the ability to create "towers" which I'm guessing will provide some kind of "aura" buff (i.e. a buff to all in the vicinity). I'm hoping that "aura" debuffing towers are also part of the equation.

Every character in Anarchy Online has precisely 69 skills to which IP can be put into (not counting the base abilities) and the architechture for static dungeons in this game is already in place.

Land control. What for? The land must posess some sort of value for one to want to control it in the first place. Currently, there is nothing of value on the land. So...to make the land valuable, lets put something on it...a "base". Kind of like a static dungeon, but not.

A base would be dynamic...constantly evolving with someone in control of it. There would be components to these bases, such as a central computer, grid link, power generators, interior & exterior defenses (like the floor mounted guns in SD for example). The base would allow for re-arranging of the components, allowing you to strategically setup your defenses should the base run thin on personnel. What would make a base desireable to control (similar to the buff tower concept in the coming booster pack) would be a trio skill boosts depending on the clusters installed within.

There should be 4 basic things you can do to a base: take over, destroy, repair, and upgrade.

Taking over a base would require the use of a QL 200 hacking tool on the central computer of the base. The time which the process would take depends on the QL of the base (which I'll get into shortly). Once the process is complete, the skill boost of that base will be focused on the alignment that has gained control and all citizens notified of the base take over.

Destroying a base would require destruction of its notum powered generators (which would require notum deposits for continuous operation). Again, the legnth of time it would take to destroy a generator would depend on the QL of the base.

Repairing a base would require EE, ME, FTQP, WS or a combination thereof depending on the component being repaired. Repairs are restricted to Engineers.

Upgrading a base is similar to repairing a base. All upgrade parts for a base would only be available to Traders and Fixers through their shops. The bases QL would be dependant on two things: number of upgrades in general & the number of upgrades to the central computer component in specific. When a base is upgraded in QL a few things happen: the amount of the skill boost is raised, the length of time it takes to perform a take over on a base gets long. When a base is taken over, all installed upgrades are also taken over.

Switching the skill boosts on a base can only be done by either a Nano Technician or a Meta Physicist. The central computer component would function sort of like a global implant, worn by all citizens of the alignment invisibly. By default, all three clusters for a specific skill are located within the central computer and used to beam the skill boosts through the land via grid link to all those of the controlling alignment. Mixing of skill boosts is possible by simply swapping clusters between bases, a process which would require an NP skill of greater than 1k. Be advised that if you are killed carrying one of these clusters, it will be a lootable item and other alignments can use it.

This is phase 1 of what I'm thinking....phase 2 revolves around vehicles and the role of the buff towers in this system, but I won't go into that unless requested. :\
    .: Naraya :.

Bump

Dharin, the level 62-74 pvp group on RK1 looks fun though, i was planning on getting a soldier up there but they add the npc in 2ho mission mobs and omni ent guards :/

Personally, at level 159 i will attack a level 75 if he zones into 2ho or mmd. It isn't griefing if its in a political zone since war is supposed to happen and risk should be high in it, but i wouldnt mind these level requirements. I just think that since there is so many different levels at one time in a political zone there would be too many sidebar fights in massive 'bunker-to-hill' clan v omni fights, not allowing people to help one another against the same target. Perhaps, if they made the FFA level 140+ or 150+ it would make more sense considering above those levels are the only ones who have a chance in massive-player pvp, like 10vs10s.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

I still think it makes more sense to PvP those you can team with for solo PvP.

For team PvP, do it the same way teams get XP. If you have a level 160 teamed with a level 200, then your minimum level for attack is related to the level 200, not the 160.

FFA level caps will always result in twinkers sitting at the highest possible level attacking the lowest possible levels. A sliding level range would be more likely to result in fair battles... sure, you can gank people at the low end of your bracket... but there's always a higher predator to wipe you out if you do (until you hit 200, but that's OK. )

And yeah. I hit 75s in MMD and 2HO at level 134. That's the way it works right now. If it changes, I'll adapt.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

bump
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

They need to totally redo the pvp system. They should make everywhere 25%.. and reclaim booths inside of med labs.. since it's Anarchy right? I think it would make the game a lot more fun. Don't think many agree with me though :/
    No matter where I go, there I am.

Pvp must be made to follow the storyline it should

Encourage team vs team comp with titltes only for this

Remove titles from dueling and do a title wipe

Pup in pvp level restrictions to encourage low level players to pvp

Remove/restrict/change gank points like grid terminals

Dont allow Ohoni/Clan to group

Have hardcore omni clan battle zones

Dont put solo missions in pvp zones

Dont put team missions in pvp zones

Make it easy to get to pvp zones

Have pvp events
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?